• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every time i make a suggestion you go bonkers so why should i bother? you're satisfied with Tepesch, Lewis, Hanson & possible Ross so any opinion expressed by me that doesn't goosestep to your tune receives nothing but ridicule so let's go into the season with them and see what happens.

When have you actually offered any suggestions? All I've seen from you from some time is a lot of grousing and criticisms, but never any thoughtful solutions.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was saying. Let's not freak out till we know something.

Tell that to all those DMN sports reporters. Those guys were ready to start buying anyone it seemed like. And Ian Fitzsimmons is the most negative guy I think I have heard on radio. The sky is always falling. Yesterday he stated something like and we will report back in at Rangers ST in Arizona and see what has gone wrong. I just happened to be in the car at the time and turned on the radio and as soon as he said that I changed stations.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no clue how Ian Fitzsimmons gets a job talking sports

biggest clueless kiss up working DFW sports talk radio

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no clue how Ian Fitzsimmons gets a job talking sports

biggest clueless kiss up working DFW sports talk radio

No kidding. Even his voice is like doom and gloom. It's like ESPN Dallas has run out of quality people to put on so they just stuck his warm body on the air.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably way to soon to start talking about this but I wonder what our plans will be for the 2015 season? We already are on the books for $110M and that doesn't count Rios' 13.5M option which I would assume we would pick up unless he has a bad season. Then they are still going to need a sign a C with both JJ and Soto becoming FAs. We will also need to fill RP roles as well as Cotts and Frasor will also be FA. Sort of hard to see them making any big plays on the FA market next season probably having $124M committed. I guess you never know what could happen as far as trades. Also, I suppose they could also increase their self induced payroll cap.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably way to soon to start talking about this but I wonder what our plans will be for the 2015 season? We already are on the books for $110M and that doesn't count Rios' 13.5M option which I would assume we would pick up unless he has a bad season. Then they are still going to need a sign a C with both JJ and Soto becoming FAs. We will also need to fill RP roles as well as Cotts and Frasor will also be FA. Sort of hard to see them making any big plays on the FA market next season probably having $124M committed. I guess you never know what could happen as far as trades. Also, I suppose they could also increase their self induced payroll cap.

Yeah, I think it is safe to say it is too soon. All that just made my head hurt.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have you actually offered any suggestions? All I've seen from you from some time is a lot of grousing and criticisms, but never any thoughtful solutions.

In all fairness, no one is going to listen to what we suggest anyway. That being said, being pessimistic and critical of the situation isn't going to change much either. So, I prefer to be optimistic or at least adopt a wait and see attitude before I rush to judgement.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little has been mentioned about the possibility of Michael Kirkman perhaps getting an opportunity to start. Trust me, I'm not penning any type of super high hopes, but he's about outta options and time spent with us experimenting. He's got to produce this season or else IMO.

Maybe, he'll be one of those "surprise" kind of guys in ST.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, no one is going to listen to what we suggest anyway. That being said, being pessimistic and critical of the situation isn't going to change much either. So, I prefer to be optimistic or at least adopt a wait and see attitude before I rush to judgement.

The point of this message board isn't too actually effect change with the club. The point is to have intelligent discussions that stimulate and provoke thought. Doing nothing but constantly bitching not only detracts from that, but grows tiresome.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little has been mentioned about the possibility of Michael Kirkman perhaps getting an opportunity to start. Trust me, I'm not penning any type of super high hopes, but he's about outta options and time spent with us experimenting. He's got to produce this season or else IMO.

That's exactly my fear. He'll be a "surprise kind of guy in ST" and he'll be Michael Kirkman once the season starts.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

\/\/\/

This might be the year that Kirkman puts it all together

Don't count this guy out. Kirkman has largely been miscast as a reliever imo. Some guys just don't pitch well in relief. He's got all the talent. It would be great if he could put it together this year. We sure could use it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly my fear. He'll be a "surprise kind of guy in ST" and he'll be Michael Kirkman once the season starts.

Not certain he hasn't been miscast as a reliever. Some guys simply don't do all that well as relievers, and perform better as starters. If say Wilson was a better starter for us than reliever.

Nonetheless, he'll get a shot this year. I hope he puts it together because the talent is there.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles' interest in Morales is picking up. It looks like we will end up getting a pick from Seattle for Cruz.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not certain he hasn't been miscast as a reliever. Some guys simply don't do all that well as relievers, and perform better as starters. If say Wilson was a better starter for us than reliever.

Nonetheless, he'll get a shot this year. I hope he puts it together because the talent is there.

I agree....strong guy with above average stuff.

And I wasn't referring to our banter here on getting mentions, it was from a media standpoint. I didn't make that clear.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles' interest in Morales is picking up. It looks like we will end up getting a pick from Seattle for Cruz.

I think point I just hope someone signs him b/c we could use the pick. I would also be happy if we could sign him but he would have to probably sign a very cheap deal with us- 1year $8-9M or maybe 2 year $20M. I just don't see that happening. I think someone will offer him more.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of this message board isn't too actually effect change with the club. The point is to have intelligent discussions that stimulate and provoke thought. Doing nothing but constantly bitching not only detracts from that, but grows tiresome.
:agree:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really did not think CJ would do as well as he has done as a starter because it could take him 25 pitches to get thru 1 inning. But his stamina is ridiculous. So maybe guys like Ross who I also have a hard time seeing as a starter at the MLB level because of his durability and lack of pitch repertoire and Kirkman can do the same.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tidbit about Kirkman from the rangers website...

Kirkman now has longest tenure with Rangers

Pitcher Michael Kirkman holds a special distinction in the Rangers clubhouse. With Ian Kinsler gone, Kirkman has been with the Rangers organization longer than any other player and is the only one acquired before Jon Daniels became general manager.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and when i've expressed an opinion about a player or pitcher on here you also have slammed me for daring to suggest that the Rangers should have any interest in them. y'all have decided that the Rangers will be divisional contenders no matter who we put out there on the mound so anyone who expresses concern about the fact that 3/5 of our starting rotation is highly suspect is disrespected and\or verbally abused for their concerns.