• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why would anyone want Brodeur? Five years ago I could see it. Now? It's time for...

6-old-yeller-1957.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

*raises hand*
1) He's still infinitely better than Tabasco
2) He's a player/coach for Bobrovsky
3) Way better than Tabasco
4) Will only play at most one more year (Not get in the way of Forsberg or Dansk)
5) Did I mention how much better he is than Tabasco?

Meszaros/Ehrhoff

No. Ehrhoff is mine. You lay off.

Wow, it's almost as if Rossi talks out of his ass trying to drive the one thing he cares about - web hits.

Was watching NHL network earlier and Chicken Parm called St Louis a "baby". Said he should man up and finish the season in TB and look for a trade at the draft.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*raises hand*
1) He's still infinitely better than Tabasco
2) He's a player/coach for Bobrovsky
3) Way better than Tabasco
4) Will only play at most one more year (Not get in the way of Forsberg or Dansk)
5) Did I mention how much better he is than Tabasco?

No. Ehrhoff is mine. You lay off.

Wow, it's almost as if Rossi talks out of his ass trying to drive the one thing he cares about - web hits.

Was watching NHL network earlier and Chicken Parm called St Louis a "baby". Said he should man up and finish the season in TB and look for a trade at the draft.

Sorry I'll lay off! You can have him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Canucks are trying to re-tool rather than rebuild (I mean, the Sedins are under contract for four more years, they are going to be as tough to move as Luongo) and quite frankly, I don't think the Pens have what the Canucks are looking for (which is likely a top-end prospect that plays center).

I agree, too much talent to be a rebuild completely, but I think trading Kesler sort of throws in this season at the very least. You're right though, I've been saying I don't see the Pens being a match for awhile. They need young forward talent, and we don't have that.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't doubt that Pitt has been in on aquiring Kesler. Guys like BobMac and Lebrun confirm their interest. It's just that bobby rossi likes add his own self-aggrandizement whenever he gets the chance to look like he has the inside track on info coming out of the Penguins camp. It's/He's irritating. Just give me the facts, Rob.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that Pitt has been in on aquiring Kesler. Guys like BobMac and Lebrun confirm their interest. It's just that bobby rossi likes add his own self-aggrandizement whenever he gets the chance to look like he has the inside track on info coming out of the Penguins camp. It's/He's irritating. Just give me the facts, Rob.

To steal a line from Smooth Jimmy Apollo: "Folks, when you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time"

/Heck, Eklund built himself a following being right 3% of the time.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I agree, too much talent to be a rebuild completely, but I think trading Kesler sort of throws in this season at the very least. You're right though, I've been saying I don't see the Pens being a match for awhile. They need young forward talent, and we don't have that.

The season is lost.
And they aren't trading for picks, they aretrading for mid-20 year olds with upside.
On the line between rebuild and retool.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sums up my feelings towards the lord of the Twatwaffles, Aaron Portzline. Although in Porty's case, I think he desperately wants to be in a market like Chicago or NY so he is throwing all kinds of shit at the wall hoping someone notices him.

I hope someone notices him too.

This made me laugh:

DAMMIT! I would have paid more!
But did you call them?
SHUT UP

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, captain obvious.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LouisJean_TVA:

As I reported yesterday, #Ducks very interested in Kesler. Will a deal get done by 3pm Eastern or will it happen at the draft?
@JoshRimerHockey:
Word on the street is Penguins talking Kesler & Edler now with Canucks.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LouisJean_TVA:

@JoshRimerHockey:

I laughed at the Rimer tweet. Yeah, there's no such thing as a salary cap. Moments I hate being a Pens fan...this one, where you have to wade through tons of crap rumors by borderline bloggers who want to be the first to break something ridiculous.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I doubt it also.

As for Rossi he is the Pittsburgh version of Eklund.