• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why the Pens are considering Kesler. He makes the team better, most certainly, but he doesn't fill a need. I like that he's not a rental, and that he's, you know, a great player. However, I hope he's okay with having crap wingers. I hope that Bennett comes back healthy soon enough, so he can take the top line spot. However, there's a small chance that the Pens consider using him on a line WITH Sid. Small possibility. Then they could put Bennett with Malkin and move Jokinen to third line center. I just think that they'd be better suited pursuing a RW. I also think they'd be best suited dumping Pyatt/Kobasew and calling up Megna/Harry Z. They'd be perfect third/fourth line speed. But they seem to prefer slow skating through cement guys...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why the Pens are considering Kesler. He makes the team better, most certainly, but he doesn't fill a need. I like that he's not a rental, and that he's, you know, a great player. However, I hope he's okay with having crap wingers. I hope that Bennett comes back healthy soon enough, so he can take the top line spot. However, there's a small chance that the Pens consider using him on a line WITH Sid. Small possibility. Then they could put Bennett with Malkin and move Jokinen to third line center. I just think that they'd be better suited pursuing a RW. I also think they'd be best suited dumping Pyatt/Kobasew and calling up Megna/Harry Z. They'd be perfect third/fourth line speed. But they seem to prefer slow skating through cement guys...

hes got that covered here in Vancouver already.

your PP would be stupid good

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I've not paid attention a lot, but I don't understand the origin of Kesler ego stuff.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I've not paid attention a lot, but I don't understand the origin of Kesler ego stuff.

i think it was more born from the Canucks as a whole from 2009 to 2012. His just kind of took over as being the bigger personality. He always had that "swagger" if can call it that but once the team started having the "success" it had they all had to pretty much walk sideways through the doors. The team has been humbled a bit but I dont believe he has.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm hoping that the Sabres plan to move Stewart. I don't think he's quite the sniper, but the situation reminds me a little of Neal. He needs a good opportunity to flourish again. He's a RW, RH shot. Pens neeeeed RW.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm under the impression he partially wants out of VAN because he hates playing W. Where the fuck does he think he's going to play in Philly? I think the Flyers finally figured this out and it's Giroux, Schenn & Couturier down the middle for a long time. I'm hoping Homer isn't dumb enough to be considering even putting a package together do Kesler that meets the description of what they're looking to get for him.

Kesler hasnt played wing since before christmas

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it was more born from the Canucks as a whole from 2009 to 2012. His just kind of took over as being the bigger personality. He always had that "swagger" if can call it that but once the team started having the "success" it had they all had to pretty much walk sideways through the doors. The team has been humbled a bit but I dont believe he has.

I think hes always been a hyper sensitive red-ass since day one as a canuck

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think hes always been a hyper sensitive red-ass since day one as a canuck

Depends on who you listen to but the Umberger feud is supposedly all because RJ signed a bigger contract in Philly than Ryan got in Vancouver. Obviously, this is RJs side.

Kesler says it's because RJ laughed at the contract Kesler signed in Vancity and tried to use it to get more.

Either way, Kesler does sound like a bit of a whiner.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who you listen to but the Umberger feud is supposedly all because RJ signed a bigger contract in Philly than Ryan got in Vancouver. Obviously, this is RJs side.

Kesler says it's because RJ laughed at the contract Kesler signed in Vancity and tried to use it to get more.

Yeah, if I had a college friend get salty with me for making more money, I'd probably not be their biggest fan moving forward. In the games I've watched him play, the selfishness/arrogance doesn't translate on the ice. But the number of games I've watched him play is probably around 30.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mixed in there was at keslers first training camp someone asked him about umbergers no-show and kesler said paraphrasing "he should quit talking and come to camp"

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*twitter rumor, grain of salt, etc etc.*

Saw word of potential scratch of Kesler today. I'd actually start believing the rumors then.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made the mistake of doing a twitter search for Kesler. Hot mess. Hot. Mess.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bhvy9uXIAAM1z7r.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumblings around here are a possible Ehrhoff for Callahan swap.

LONG contract for Ehrhoff. Good player, but...meh. If that does happen early-ish, man oh man, it's another "may trade for more" option for the Sabres.