• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange for center Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks' choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin, the sources said.

nice pieces, definitely getting younger, but whar be any sniff of the offense you are losing?

Not really sure why the Pens would do that. I mean they traded Kesler-lite in Jordan Staal because of their logjam at C.

Seems like a bit of a strange idea. I know that Kesler plays the wing too but still.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure why the Pens would do that. I mean they traded Kesler-lite in Jordan Staal because of their logjam at C.

Seems like a bit of a strange idea. I know that Kesler plays the wing too but still.

Agreed - that shouldn't be their number one need - they always try to go after big time players or big names at the deadline instead of going for the right piece/need

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kesler trade rumour seems to be negotiated between media on Pitts side and van side. Good grief

Pitts media = hes worth a little
Van media =hes worth a lot
Pitts media =a little
Van media =a lot
Pitts media =a LITTLE
Van media = a LOT

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kesler trade rumour seems to be negotiated between media on Pitts side and van side. Good grief

Pitts media = hes worth a little
Van media =hes worth a lot
Pitts media =a little
Van media =a lot
Pitts media =a LITTLE
Van media = a LOT

They're like people on message boards

"Hey, we think he's worth this guy, this guy and THIS guy!" "No, we think he's worth that guy, that guy and THAT guy!"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're like people on message boards

"Hey, we think he's worth this guy, this guy and THIS guy!" "No, we think he's worth that guy, that guy and THAT guy!"

The secret is to take THIS and add THAT...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooooooo Marty Brodeur has waved his NTC - Wild have reached out to the Devils

It's going to be so odd if/when he gets traded

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooooooo Marty Brodeur has waved his NTC - Wild have reached out to the Devils

It's going to be so odd if/when he gets traded

For sure.

I like how Marty is being open about his options though.

<cough> Alfredsson <cough> . :whistle:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure.

I like how Marty is being open about his options though.

<cough> Alfredsson <cough> . :whistle:

Well I think it's a different position though - I think Alfie had a bigger role on the Sens, he was still one of their better scorers - Marty has been relegated to the backup goalie so he knows he's not going to be a starter there anymore, and if he can have a better chance somewhere else to win a cup or at least have a bigger role, then that would help him

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it's a different position though - I think Alfie had a bigger role on the Sens, he was still one of their better scorers - Marty has been relegated to the backup goalie so he knows he's not going to be a starter there anymore, and if he can have a better chance somewhere else to win a cup or at least have a bigger role, then that would help him

True enough. Alfie claims to have wanted a cup though, something Marty doesn't really have to worry about.

The Wings look to have been a poor choice for Alfie but only time will tell. Marty won't have as many choices. At least this year.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough. Alfie claims to have wanted a cup though, something Marty doesn't really have to worry about.

The Wings look to have been a poor choice for Alfie but only time will tell. Marty won't have as many choices. At least this year.

LUONGO. Oh crap it's a habit now I'll need to get a doctor to check that out

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the Sens did go pretty far in the playoffs last season so he must have thought highly enough of them that they could do something good in the playoffs

Alfie wanted to go to Detroit because of the nationalities on that team, guys like Zetterberg, Franzen and Kronwall fit well with Alfie and he liked that dynamic

I do agree that if he claims to have wanted a cup, there are better teams out there for him to do so, but to each his own

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]440000278960410624[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my thinking, this guy has a big ego and that's part of why I don't want the Flyers to go after him - they don't need that type of guy - and Craig Berube wouldn't put up with that garbage

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my thinking, this guy has a big ego and that's part of why I don't want the Flyers to go after him - they don't need that type of guy - and Craig Berube wouldn't put up with that garbage

I'm under the impression he partially wants out of VAN because he hates playing W. Where the fuck does he think he's going to play in Philly? I think the Flyers finally figured this out and it's Giroux, Schenn & Couturier down the middle for a long time. I'm hoping Homer isn't dumb enough to be considering even putting a package together do Kesler that meets the description of what they're looking to get for him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Vancouver be a fun place if kesler and Luongo are both Canucks on Thursday

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Vancouver be a fun place if kesler and Luongo are both Canucks on Thursday

Hey Matty, what's the deal man you're Canadian after all and we all know Canadians are polite to an alarming degree. What gives with Vancouver trying to piss off all their big name players with NTC's? I'm not seeing the benefit or possibility of a low stress workplace there...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of term and money for a guy who is 2nd/3rd line player (great third liner or average 2nd). I love the all-around game he brings but if you pay a guy like that you better know that you have offense from other sources.

6 mil per year is closer to his market value though. I could actually see a team giving him that in UFA. I guess he doesn't want to give a hometown discount.

Giving 6 years at 6 million bucks per to a guy that is a 3rd liner on a serious Stanley Cup contending team sounds like an excellent way to improve the chances that you never actually become a serious Stanley Cup contending team.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of term and money for a guy who is 2nd/3rd line player (great third liner or average 2nd). I love the all-around game he brings but if you pay a guy like that you better know that you have offense from other sources.

6 mil per year is closer to his market value though. I could actually see a team giving him that in UFA. I guess he doesn't want to give a hometown discount.

All I have to say is David Clarkson's contract happened. So anything is possible I guess.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler doesn't have Columbus on his list?

Shucks. Guess we have to hold on to Ryan Johansen then.

And Marty would fit the most glaring need for Columbus. Just saying. Not sure the Jackets could pull it off without creating another need.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Matty, what's the deal man you're Canadian after all and we all know Canadians are polite to an alarming degree. What gives with Vancouver trying to piss off all their big name players with NTC's? I'm not seeing the benefit or possibility of a low stress workplace there...

Gillis. Guys arrogance made him the perfect canuck GM, hes just not good enough to get them out of this mess