• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying Stewart is as good as Perron or Baertschi as bad as Parjarrrrvvisisi lol

just looks the same to me ... Blues trading a talented guy that doesnt seem to mesh (maybe personality wise) with the team for a highly drafted euro prospect that might end up being a suspect

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always been the knock on Chris Stewart is that there may be some characters issues (not exactly regarded as a great guy in the dressing room). Of course, it could be a bunch of bunk, but generally teams like to hold on to power forwards with considerable upside.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always been the knock on Chris Stewart is that there may be some characters issues (not exactly regarded as a great guy in the dressing room). Of course, it could be a bunch of bunk, but generally teams like to hold on to power forwards with considerable upside.

I don't think it's a matter of him being a bad guy in the dressing room or anything, he seems like a polite guy, he just seems like the type that beats to his own drum - he has some really good stretches of hockey and then stretches where he's not as good - I think it's more just mental and how he is inconsistent

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's currently on the 4th line, played 5:14 the last game. In no way, shape or form is he enough, alone to land Callahan. All biased aside.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's currently on the 4th line, played 5:14 the last game. In no way, shape or form is he enough, alone to land Callahan. All biased aside.

you know ... just saying but um.. David Booth plays at least 12 mins a game I think... just saying he was a 30 goal scorer you know

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know ... just saying but um.. David Booth plays at least 12 mins a game I think... just saying he was a 30 goal scorer you know

I seem to remember having a brief and hilarious argument with a guy at the swamp where he said David Booth was 10 times the player that Mike Fisher was.

Good times.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, you love Booth! :lol:

I know, but Stewart is not as good as he was with Colorado. Plays the same game as Callahan, Cally just does it a bit better.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you love Booth! :lol:

I know, but Stewart is not as good as he was with Colorado. Plays the same game as Callahan, Cally just does it a bit better.

I guess I agree with this with a caveat. Stewart's ceiling is much higher than Callahan's. His size and the scoring ability he's shown in stretches is beyond Callahan's game. He just doesn't play like that all the time. With Callahan you know pretty much what you will get if he's healthy.

I think most coaches would go for the consistent effort of Callahan but I'm sure there are GMs out there who might go for Stewart's high end potential.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I agree with this with a caveat. Stewart's ceiling is much higher than Callahan's. His size and the scoring ability he's shown in stretches is beyond Callahan's game. He just doesn't play like that all the time. With Callahan you know pretty much what you will get if he's healthy.

I think most coaches would go for the consistent effort of Callahan but I'm sure there are GMs out there who might go for Stewart's high end potential.

Yeah but that potential he hasn't shown since he was dealt to the Blues from the Avalanche. He's been molded into Hitchcock's system for sure. But he's become nothing more than a 3rd line Forward, who isn't scoring as much anymore. Albeit, neither is Callahan, but he does other stuff off that stat sheet for us.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart belongs on a line with Benn and Seguin in Dallas. Trade him for Ray Whitney and a second rounder. Maybe throw in some cash considerations and a lamp post or pylon to be named later.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that potential he hasn't shown since he was dealt to the Blues from the Avalanche. He's been molded into Hitchcock's system for sure. But he's become nothing more than a 3rd line Forward, who isn't scoring as much anymore. Albeit, neither is Callahan, but he does other stuff off that stat sheet for us.

I think it's pretty clear that Hitchcock doesn't like Stewart but even still his production is not bad. He scored 36 points in 48 games last year. That's about a 60 point pace (with 30 goals) in a full season. Even this season he's on pace to score 24 goals.

I think a change of scenery could see Stewart break out.

I think the Stewart for Callahan thing is pointless though because I doubt the Rags move Cally.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty clear that Hitchcock doesn't like Stewart but even still his production is not bad. He scored 36 points in 48 games last year. That's about a 60 point pace (with 30 goals) in a full season. Even this season he's on pace to score 24 goals.

I think a change of scenery could see Stewart break out.

I think the Stewart for Callahan thing is pointless though because I doubt the Rags move Cally.

The only knock I have on hitch is he tends to get it in his head that some players are no good.

Case(s) in point, Derek Brassard and Jason Chimera.

I seem to recall he didn't think much of Antoine Vermette as well.

Given those examples, Stewart is probably worth taking a risk on. Not a Cally risk, but he will probably do well given a chance.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing that Columbus also among the teams that has shown some interest in Callahan...

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing that Columbus also among the teams that has shown some interest in Callahan...

I don't know if the Rangers would trade him to any division rival

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the Vancouver Canucks' recent flurry of injuries changed the way they're going to approach the deadline and the rest of the year?

LeBrun: I can tell you this - they will not be in on the rental market and I think there have been some decisions made in Vancouver over the past week, which is this: We're not good enough to go out and beat a Chicago or St. Louis or some of the powerhouse teams in the West. We're not giving up on the season, but if we make a trade, it's for a young player. It's time to retool and reset in Vancouver after all these years of contending. It's all about youth and other than the Sedin twins, I think all bets are off for almost any other player on that roster. Alexander Edler on defence will get a lot of interest probably after the Olympics. Interesting times ahead, in my opinion, in Vancouver.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rangers want Gaborik back?

/Stop looking at Dubinski, Slats.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also be in favor of Chris Stewart on the Pens...if they want to give him away.