• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Wild just need to draft well - if you draft well and develop you will have good young players who are on their entry level contracts

Wild are going to have to do something to take the next step - they're a second tier team in the West, even after improving their team - they'll need to do something to be able to compete season after season with teams like Anaheim, Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis and San Jose

That's exactly what they need to do instead of handing out more huge UFA contracts.

That's one thing that sets all those teams you named apart. Virtually all of their success has come through drafting and development instead of large UFA signings. Signing a key UFA here and there to fill in missing pieces is essential, but any team that expects that they can build their team that way - like Minny is apparently trying to do (or what Buffalo tried and failed miserably at) is going to be very disappointed.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG, Slats should be boiled in oil if he does that.

Damn, I like Stewart, but holy crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pens fan who has to see the Rags often: please do that Sather. As a Pens fan who hopes her team makes it to the SCF: the Blues would be scary after that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, I just heard Moulson might be out until after the Olympic break:

Moulson was slashed by Yotes captain Shane Doan who then shouldered the pending UFA off the puck and drilled him heavily into the halfwall injuring his shoulder or collar bone. Moulson left the game in distress and was seen laying on the ground in Buffalo's locker room tunnel. He would not finish the game. His status is unknown at this time.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moulson was slashed by Yotes captain Shane Doan who then shouldered the pending UFA off the puck and drilled him heavily into the halfwall injuring his shoulder or collar bone. Moulson left the game in distress and was seen laying on the ground in Buffalo's locker room tunnel. He would not finish the game. His status is unknown at this time.

Maybe the Kings can get him for cheaper :nod:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All in all, this could be fortunate timing for him. The team only has 4 more games until the break and then he gets another 2 1/2 weeks to get healthy.

Doesn't sound severe enough to hurt his trade value. He had 3 straight 82 game seasons then played 47 of 48 last year, so this shouldn't scare anyone away (i.e., he's not injury prone).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, this could be fortunate timing for him. The team only has 4 more games until the break and then he gets another 2 1/2 weeks to get healthy.

Doesn't sound severe enough to hurt his trade value. He had 3 straight 82 game seasons then played 47 of 48 last year, so this shouldn't scare anyone away (i.e., he's not injury prone).

I hope that's true, Sabres need to parlay Moulson into a high draft pick or top prospect at least.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that's true, Sabres need to parlay Moulson into a high draft pick or top prospect at least.

I'm sure they'll listen intently to any offers for him, but he'd actually be my choice of a veteran player to lead the team during the rebuild if he can be re-signed for the right price. I'd move Ott (wears the C) and Tallinder (one of the As) first if it can be done. They've both got some value as rentals to a team that needs some depth.

This is a team that's lacking in (among many many other areas) veteran leadership and Moulson brings the best combination of veteran leadership and talent of their current options.

(Ehrhoff wears the other A, but there's no way they move him with 7 years left on his contract)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG, Slats should be boiled in oil if he does that.

Damn, I like Stewart, but holy crap.

No gonna happen unless they add to Stewart, Callahan is the better of the 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky Pierre thinks Rags dont see Callahan negotiations getting any better

and that St Louis is offering Chris Stewart to all teams around the league

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It won't happen, but Chris Stewart strikes me as a Brian Burke type of player - I don't think the Flames have anybody currently on the roster that the Blues would be interested in though.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't happen, but Chris Stewart strikes me as a Brian Burke type of player - I don't think the Flames have anybody currently on the roster that the Blues would be interested in though.

The Blues have virtually no needs, but Burke has a tendency to overpay when he sets his sights on someone.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would Chris Stewart for Sven Bartschi be a fair deal for both teams?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Chris Stewart for Sven Bartschi be a fair deal for both teams?

I think the Blues would be asking for a lot more and I don't want to give up on Baertschi yet, I still think he can be a very good NHL player.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sather has said his first priority is to re-sign Callahan. I see him dangling Cally around as trade bait to use as a negotiation tactic. He's done it before, no surprise here, if Cally really loves it here, he'll lower his 6M a year price tag.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would seem like a David Perron for Magnus Pajarrrrrrvvviv type trade all over again imo

That was my thoughts too - imagine if the Blues still had David Perron and used him properly, they'd be even more dangerous

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letang didn't practice again...clearly he's being traded. CLEARLY.