• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pretty much guarantee you that he's not a difference maker at this point in his career. Unless that difference is making the team worse. He's been pretty poor for most of this year.

I'm a Chris Phillips fan and he's been a stalwart for the Sens for 15 years now but I think he's just about done. I'd ask him if he wants to be moved to a contender for one last run because I don't think he has much left in the tank.

Yeah, his best value at this point is to a team with a young D corps to be a Prospal-esque player/coach.

And I am not sure anyone in the playoff hunt fits that bill.

As for the Ducks and the goalies, I really hope the Jackets are in on that discussion. There's just too big of a gap between Bob and Tabasco. And Dansk, Forsberg and Ouellet are all at lest two years away. If Halak is really on the market, I would love that. Fasth is a great 30 game guy too.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just too big of a gap between Bob and Tabasco.

That's like referring to the Grand Canyon as a trench. Of course, in Tabasco's case, it's

C861_C14_C187_P4269-1.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear she's Icy at times and Hot at others, Matty.

Edit: Hell hath no fury like a woman's pleasuring device scorned.

All the woman talking about me again?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I wonder what he's hoping to get. I would assume he hopes to get a raise or at least what he had, but I don't think he's worth over $7M per season (his cap hit is $7.1M on his current deal). There's probably somebody willing to pay that though.

those retards who offered him that contract in the first place are still in office in Edmonton :noidea:

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek's wife is from Minny. People have said since they acquired Vanek that Minny would be where he would end up. How much cap room do they have? ...

Cap Geek says that they currently have $2,685,000 & change. Someone brought up the idea of a trade that would include Coyle: He's on an ELC that only clears out another 900K.

My gut tells me that the Wild won't do anything "splashy" this season: Maybe just switch out a newbie or two for somebody else's if they feel that it's worth taking a roll of the dice.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I would like to state, for the record, that this could be interpreted as a scream OR a sigh of deep relief.

Cue higgy :tsk:

I'll show myself out.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that when the Avalanche play again on Thursday, Parenteau will still be in the press box, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater.

This could be a matter of Roy not wanting to change up his lineup after a win, but Parenteau is also one of their most expensive and gifted players. He tied Matt Duchene for the team lead with 43 points last season, although he has taken a step back in 2013-14 with 25 points in 41 contests.

The Montreal Canadiens has been raised as a possible destination for Parenteau if the Avalanche do decide to trade him.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...renteau-again/

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek's wife is from Minny. People have said since they acquired Vanek that Minny would be where he would end up. How much cap room do they have? I mean they spent a ton on Parise, Suter & Pominville. Vanek is going to have a lot of suitors come July 1st. The Isles can offer him the 8th year. So could the team they trade him to. I've heard LA would like to add a LW & have been clearing up cap space since the offseason. It's going to be interesting. I still think the Ducks are the perfect trading partner. They have 2 goalies they could trade. A lot of forwards like Etem & Rackell & 2 first round picks in 2014. No matter what happens the one team that has the goods to go for it is Anaheim. It's Teemu's last year to.

Vanek himself is also a former Golden Gopher, which is another reason everyone assumes Minnesota. They're going to have a lot of work to do if they want to get him under contract with their cap situation though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek himself is also a former Golden Gopher, which is another reason everyone assumes Minnesota. They're going to have a lot of work to do if they want to get him under contract with their cap situation though.

Cap should be going up 6-7 million so really all they have to do is use a compliance buyout on Dany Heatley and they should be good

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap should be going up 6-7 million so really all they have to do is use a compliance buyout on Dany Heatley and they should be good

Heatley is a UFA after the season. Can't see the Wild resigning him.

They currently have 17 players signed for $52 M next year. Probably room for Vanek.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatley is a UFA after the season. Can't see the Wild resigning him.

They currently have 17 players signed for $52 M next year. Probably room for Vanek.

Oh that's right, he's a FA - I figured he was near the end anyways

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone sign Heatley or is he bound for over seas