• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team second in it's division would trade their Captain? Okaaaaaaay.

Ray Whitney huh? I could go for that. Nothing wrong who two people nicknamed Wiz on the same team.

UFA for Callahan but it is possible. I dont doubt much of LeBrun

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFA for Callahan but it is possible. I dont doubt much of LeBrun

I'd believe negotiating tactic more than I'd believe someone like Slats would trade a captain during a playoff stretch. Never know. It would make quite the splash.

They were just talking about Bobby Ryan's struggles since Burke's comments. Wonder if Ottawa would move him... Him with Foligno and Johansen would ROCK.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team second in it's division would trade their Captain? Okaaaaaaay.

Ray Whitney huh? I could go for that. Nothing wrong who two people nicknamed Wiz on the same team.

Now, now...no need to make this some pissing battle.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arthur Staple says D Andrew MacDonald is getting a lot of interest among teams & it's very likely the Isles will trade him. MacDonald is in the final year of his contract & makes 550K this season. Every team in the league can afford him so interest is high.

Vanek's agent apparently said "We aren't their yet." When asked about his client making a decision on what he wants to do. If Vanek says no to the Isles he'll likely be the most sought after forward at the deadline.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arthur Staple says D Andrew MacDonald is getting a lot of interest among teams & it's very likely the Isles will trade him. MacDonald is in the final year of his contract & makes 550K this season. Every team in the league can afford him so interest is high.

Vanek's agent apparently said "We aren't their yet." When asked about his client making a decision on what he wants to do. If Vanek says no to the Isles he'll likely be the most sought after forward at the deadline.

I wonder what he's hoping to get. I would assume he hopes to get a raise or at least what he had, but I don't think he's worth over $7M per season (his cap hit is $7.1M on his current deal). There's probably somebody willing to pay that though.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd believe negotiating tactic more than I'd believe someone like Slats would trade a captain during a playoff stretch. Never know. It would make quite the splash.

They were just talking about Bobby Ryan's struggles since Burke's comments. Wonder if Ottawa would move him... Him with Foligno and Johansen would ROCK

How-about-no-bear.jpg

Even if the Sens were to look to trade Ryan to the Jackets (not going to happen), I imagine they'd be looking for a deal that would include Johansen.

So pretty much no chance of a BRy-RyJo-FoLo line ever happening... unless you'd be interested in a Spezza for Foiligno and Johansen trade. :nod:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knew that :sly: was Vanek's agent?

You never can tell I guess.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This has Minnesota Wild written all over it.

Could start with Coyle+ for Vanek.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has Minnesota Wild written all over it.

Could start with Coyle+ for Vanek.

I think there will be a lot of teams interested. The Isles need a young goalie so Minny might not meet their trade requirements. I'm still hoping Vanek resigns, but today would have been the perfect time to announce an extension. Not doing so tells me trade talks around the league will likely be heating up soon. We shall see.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there will be a lot of teams interested. The Isles need a young goalie so Minny might not meet their trade requirements. I'm still hoping Vanek resigns, but today would have been the perfect time to announce an extension. Not doing so tells me trade talks around the league will likely be heating up soon. We shall see.

Well he has said he would like to go to Minnesota, believe he has a home there and his best bud Pominville was dealt there last season.

Only team with a goalie could be Toronto and if they want to move Reimer, not sure they would have room to sign Vanek to an extension, or if they would lose a goalie for a rental.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How-about-no-bear.jpg

Even if the Sens were to look to trade Ryan to the Jackets (not going to happen), I imagine they'd be looking for a deal that would include Johansen.

So pretty much no chance of a BRy-RyJo-FoLo line ever happening... unless you'd be interested in a Spezza for Foiligno and Johansen trade. :nod:

Jackets already tried to get Spezza in a trade. When Ottawa said no, they went ahead and drafted the next Spezza. And he's not going anywhere.

Allegedly the package was Voracek, Hejda and the pick they used on Johansen for Spezza to play with Nash. And then later him for Nash straight up (although Nash may have poo-poo'ed that one). One of those trades, Ottawa might want a do-over on... :D

Not sure the Jackets REALLY need to move anyone. Umberger doesn't belong on the top line, but that will rectify itself when Gaborik comes back. Umberger could probably land an okay veteran, but he has NTC. The Jackets have a few character guys that might get a rental is combined (Skille, Comeau, Boll). Their biggest tradeable assets are, unfortunately, Cody Golubef and Gaborik. But someone is going to have to be pretty desperate to trade for a rental that's played 15 games this year.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has said he would like to go to Minnesota, believe he has a home there and his best bud Pominville was dealt there last season.

Only team with a goalie could be Toronto and if they want to move Reimer, not sure they would have room to sign Vanek to an extension, or if they would lose a goalie for a rental.

Vanek's wife is from Minny. People have said since they acquired Vanek that Minny would be where he would end up. How much cap room do they have? I mean they spent a ton on Parise, Suter & Pominville. Vanek is going to have a lot of suitors come July 1st. The Isles can offer him the 8th year. So could the team they trade him to. I've heard LA would like to add a LW & have been clearing up cap space since the offseason. It's going to be interesting. I still think the Ducks are the perfect trading partner. They have 2 goalies they could trade. A lot of forwards like Etem & Rackell & 2 first round picks in 2014. No matter what happens the one team that has the goods to go for it is Anaheim. It's Teemu's last year to.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek's wife is from Minny. People have said since they acquired Vanek that Minny would be where he would end up. How much cap room do they have? I mean they spent a ton on Parise, Suter & Pominville. Vanek is going to have a lot of suitors come July 1st. The Isles can offer him the 8th year. So could the team they trade him to. I've heard LA would like to add a LW & have been clearing up cap space since the offseason. It's going to be interesting. I still think the Ducks are the perfect trading partner. They have 2 goalies they could trade. A lot of forwards like Etem & Rackell & 2 first round picks in 2014. No matter what happens the one team that has the goods to go for it is Anaheim. It's Teemu's last year to.

Anaheim is very interesting, didn't even think of them. But, Hiller is an UFA and may walk, so that would only leave them with Gibson and Anderson, not sure they would move one.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anaheim is very interesting, didn't even think of them. But, Hiller is an UFA and may walk, so that would only leave them with Gibson and Anderson, not sure they would move one.

They also have Fasth. Murray has said Hiller isn't going anywhere. They're taking no chances in goal. The Ducks have been looking for a defenseman all season. Don't know who they're targeting though. There isn't a Pronger or Niedermayer on the market. Chris Phillips is a good player, but I'm not sure if he's the difference maker they're looking for.

Garth can go any number of ways if he has to trade Vanek. We'll know soon though because last week Vanek said he knows the team needs to know within the next couple of weeks.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have Fasth. Murray has said Hiller isn't going anywhere. They're taking no chances in goal. The Ducks have been looking for a defenseman all season. Don't know who they're targeting though. There isn't a Pronger or Niedermayer on the market. Chris Phillips is a good player, but I'm not sure if he's the difference maker they're looking for.

Garth can go any number of ways if he has to trade Vanek. We'll know soon though because last week Vanek said he knows the team needs to know within the next couple of weeks.

I can pretty much guarantee you that he's not a difference maker at this point in his career. Unless that difference is making the team worse. He's been pretty poor for most of this year.

I'm a Chris Phillips fan and he's been a stalwart for the Sens for 15 years now but I think he's just about done. I'd ask him if he wants to be moved to a contender for one last run because I don't think he has much left in the tank.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahh yes forgot about Fasth, but he's on the older side, isn't he?