• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you-don-t-say_244417.png

Jesus Christ, I am way off my game today. :L Must be this damn headache i'm dealing with :doh:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see why Winnepeg would still consider trading people, they are 6-1 since the change.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see why Winnepeg would still consider trading people, they are 6-1 since the change.

Because they're still 7 points out of a playoff spot and would need to leap over both Dallas and Phoenix plus one of the wild card teams to get into a playoff spot.

EDIT: And most of the teams they're chasing have games in hand.

And historically speaking they have virtually no chance.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MattBarnaby3636:
Rumors are starting... No contract talks for Ott and Moulson in Buffalo to date. Fans in Buff will be sick if and when Ott is traded

Of course not, they're smart to move them. Fetch a few firsts and maybe a prospect in two.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you can necessarily look at 7 games and say that this is the team they got, those same guys struggled earlier in the season - I think you have to look at it in general and keep the same mindset and not change it just because of one good run

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MattBarnaby3636:

Of course not, they're smart to move them. Fetch a few firsts and maybe a prospect in two.

Meh...I'd really be quite fine with moving Ott. Or, I guess more accurately, I'd say that I'm pretty indifferent to whether he stays or not. I'd like to see Moulson stick around though.

And Barnaby is probably reading too much into the fact that negotiations haven't started yet. Murray has been on the job for 2 1/2 weeks at this point and the trade deadline is far enough off that he can (and absolutely should) take his time getting a full understanding of the situation (beyond the obvious: crap) and evaluating his options before he starts signing. If both sides are serious, it will come together because the Sabres can - and most likely will have to - overpay some FAs this year to hit the cap floor.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Dean Lombardi making a pitch to bring Matt Moulson back to LA, the Kings need a kickstart.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...I'd really be quite fine with moving Ott. Or, I guess more accurately, I'd say that I'm pretty indifferent to whether he stays or not. I'd like to see Moulson stick around though.

And Barnaby is probably reading too much into the fact that negotiations haven't started yet. Murray has been on the job for 2 1/2 weeks at this point and the trade deadline is far enough off that he can (and absolutely should) take his time getting a full understanding of the situation (beyond the obvious: crap) and evaluating his options before he starts signing. If both sides are serious, it will come together because the Sabres can - and most likely will have to - overpay some FAs this year to hit the cap floor.

I mean moving Ott isn't bad. He isn't a make it or break it forward, but he's a very reliable PK'er, good on face-offs and a tough opponent to play against. I've always wanted him as a Ranger. Hate to play against him, but love to have him on your team. I can see a first round pick in return for him, much like you got for Gaustad 2 years ago from the Preds.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Dean Lombardi making a pitch to bring Matt Moulson back to LA, the Kings need a kickstart.

Anything will help the Kings at this point, on the offensive end

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe a pretty good prospect + 2nd rounder. Would you be willing to move a guy like Tyler Toffoli if you're Dean Lombardi?

That's exactly who I was thinking they may dangle in trade talks. But have to imagine the Sabres would want another first for him. A buyer will pay it. Moulson is solid.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe a pretty good prospect + 2nd rounder. Would you be willing to move a guy like Tyler Toffoli if you're Dean Lombardi?

That's tough - I love Tyler Toffoli, I wish Darryl Sutter would start playing the young kids some more, but he's set in his ways and won't change anything(I'm 50/50 on that, he deserves it because of how he helped them win but also, you have to make adjustments sometimes)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a proven 30-goal scorer in Moulson, I say you move Toffoli.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean moving Ott isn't bad. He isn't a make it or break it forward, but he's a very reliable PK'er, good on face-offs and a tough opponent to play against. I've always wanted him as a Ranger. Hate to play against him, but love to have him on your team. I can see a first round pick in return for him, much like you got for Gaustad 2 years ago from the Preds.

For the right price. I think he's likely to be asking too much. Like I said though, the Sabres can definitely afford to pay him.

The main issue I see is that they're asking him to be more than what he should be. I'm pretty sure Buffalo is the only team in the NHL where Ott could be the captain.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the right price. I think he's likely to be asking too much. Like I said though, the Sabres can definitely afford to pay him.

The main issue I see is that they're asking him to be more than what he should be. I'm pretty sure Buffalo is the only team in the NHL where Ott could be the captain.

Most likely, and he is very well deserving of it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a proven 30-goal scorer in Moulson, I say you move Toffoli.

It's not that he's a proven 30-goal scorer, the point is, does he make the rest of the guys better and does he change the fortunes of this team offensively? He can score 30 goals, but it won't matter if the rest of the guys don't - the Kings need the guys they currently have, to step up, or it really doesn't matter who they bring in

I love him and he'd be a nice addition for the Kings but let's remember, the other guys have to start scoring or it won't really matter what he does

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that he's a proven 30-goal scorer, the point is, does he make the rest of the guys better and does he change the fortunes of this team offensively? He can score 30 goals, but it won't matter if the rest of the guys don't - the Kings need the guys they currently have, to step up, or it really doesn't matter who they bring in

I love him and he'd be a nice addition for the Kings but let's remember, the other guys have to start scoring or it won't really matter what he does

But he's an upgrade on the left side for them, that's for sure. I think he would benefit from playing with guys like Kopitar, Richards and Carter. As will they from him.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's an upgrade on the left side for them, that's for sure. I think he would benefit from playing with guys like Kopitar, Richards and Carter. As will they from him.

I just don't want the Kings to be the type of team to trade for rentals like that, over and over again - I want them to evolve and use these young guys more, give them every opportunity, because it's obvious some of their depth players can't score at all