• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember what it was like for trade rumours before the internet?

no? me either they just didnt exist until the trade was done lol..... at the internet

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens are always mentioned in the rumors too...which is also why it ticks me off. Not with a 20 foot pole. We already tried Ponikerovsky, don't need another run at that.

Trust me, so are the Rangers. We were actually linked to Hemsky early on in the year, I remember Poni as a Pen, and don't worry, we tried with Antropov as well lol

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember what it was like for trade rumours before the internet?

no? me either they just didnt exist until the trade was done lol..... at the internet

Heck, remember rumors before twitter? I used to go on Spector's every day starting from January til deadline day. Haven't been on it since twitter became the monster it is now. There's good and bad to it of course...but I won't lie, I freaking love trade rumors.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, remember rumors before twitter? I used to go on Spector's every day starting from January til deadline day. Haven't been on it since twitter became the monster it is now. There's good and bad to it of course...but I won't lie, I freaking love trade rumors.

yeah same. Spector was the main page for me he just gathered all the main people in one place. had teh greatest information. then twitter. I barely even watch TSN trade deadline anymore with twitter

two best hockey days are trade deadline day and UFA day. so much fun

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or on TSN Trade Centre the day of the deadline, refresh the page to see if a deal happened. That's how I found out about the Antropov to the NYR trade lol

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah same. Spector was the main page for me he just gathered all the main people in one place. had teh greatest information. then twitter. I barely even watch TSN trade deadline anymore with twitter

two best hockey days are trade deadline day and UFA day. so much fun

Twitter is just so far ahead...of course with deals/signings 30 seconds is "way ahead".

Or on TSN Trade Centre the day of the deadline, refresh the page to see if a deal happened. That's how I found out about the Antropov to the NYR trade lol

Great memories of streaming TSN illegally. I did some reminiscing on twitter today in regard to Pens deals at the deadline, and it made me think of really getting into the deals. I distinctly remember '08 rumors, and asking on ESPN's board that the Pens get Hossa on my birthday, which happened to be deadline day. When they did I ran around my house and called my dad.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is just so far ahead...of course with deals/signings 30 seconds is "way ahead".

Great memories of streaming TSN illegally. I did some reminiscing on twitter today in regard to Pens deals at the deadline, and it made me think of really getting into the deals. I distinctly remember '08 rumors, and asking on ESPN's board that the Pens get Hossa on my birthday, which happened to be deadline day. When they did I ran around my house and called my dad.

Yupp, loved doing that, especially living in the US, couldn't watch TSN.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fourth period is a fan blog no?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a choice of eberle or yak goodbye yak

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's part of the game," Eberle told the Edmonton Sun. "There are certain things that you read or you see on TSN or Twitter. It's such a social-media world now, that some guy in his basement starts a rumor and everyone is talking about it.

What is it about being in Edmonton that makes you hate everyone?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be, but it won't be at the deadline. The season is lost and Edmonton has a lottery pick locked up, wait until you can talk to 29 other teams who have cap space to work with.

I don't get it. Eberle is the one guy I wouldn't trade if I was he GM of the Oilers. He's the guy I build around. If they're going to make a big trade they should deal Yakupov & Gagner.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. Eberle is the one guy I wouldn't trade if I was he GM of the Oilers. He's the guy I build around. If they're going to make a big trade they should deal Yakupov & Gagner.

You're not going to get anything great in return for Yakupov and Gagner though (certainly not anything that will change the fortunes of the Oilers). At this point, you might as concede next season as well and try to land McDavid.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They drafted him. He hasn't saved the franchise or city ala Mario Lemieux.

Therefore, time to try again.

Lowegic.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not going to get anything great in return for Yakupov and Gagner though (certainly not anything that will change the fortunes of the Oilers). At this point, you might as concede next season as well and try to land McDavid.

How many Centers do they need?:D:

Seriously though this team needs a major overhaul in the front office. They need a new approach. The owner needs to stop hiring guys from the Oilers past because they obviously have no idea about how to build a hockey team. How many 1st overall or top 5 to 10 picks does it take for a team to be good? Pittsburgh needed Orpik, Malkin, Crosby, Staal & Fleury. Edmonton has had MPS, Hall, Nugent Hopkins, Yakupov, Nurse & their a lock for a top 5 pick this year. I don't blame fans one bit for being pissed off.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put it this way if MacTavish's bold move is to trade away the teams best player he's an absolute imbecile.

MacT did make a good trade shipping away PRV to the Blues for David Perron. I don't think Perron was well liked inside the Blues dressing room and it doesn't look like the Blues have missed him all that much, but Perron is the leading goal scorer on the Oilers.

Last edited by a moderator: