• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't picture the Devils being buyers at the deadline. I don't think they'll be sellers either because they'll still be in the race but they don't have the assets to land a top line winger which is what they desperately lack. No first next year, their young D is too valuable, you can't trade any other worthwhile picks knowing you don't have a first. It sucks.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Coyotes eyeing Moulson, Whitney[/FONT]

The Phoenix Coyotes are looking to add a top-six forward by the March 5 trade deadline and seem to have set their sights on two veteran goal-scorers.
According to multiple league sources, the Coyotes are among a long list of teams interested in Buffalo Sabres sniper Matt Moulson.

The Coyotes are also interested in bringing Dallas Stars left wing Ray Whitney back to Arizona.

Moulson, who is set to become an unrestricted free agent July 1, was acquired by the Sabres from the New York Islanders earlier in the season.
Moulson has liked his time in Buffalo thus far and has expressed interest in re-signing with the Sabres, but it's strongly believed by a number of league sources that Buffalo will move him for young players and high draft picks. The Coyotes want to bolster their roster up front and have the ability to add some salary this season.

The Fourth Period :: Phoenix Coyotes :: Coyotes eyeing Moulson, Whitney

Moulson would be a better addition, especially if they can agree to a contract with him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Andrew MacDonald will likely be available at or before the trade deadline. The Islanders & MacDonald's agent haven't discussed a new contract based on the 5M asking price per year that MacDonald is seeking.

Good luck getting that money elsewhere AMAC. Vanek obviously takes top priority here.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't picture the Devils being buyers at the deadline. I don't think they'll be sellers either because they'll still be in the race but they don't have the assets to land a top line winger which is what they desperately lack. No first next year, their young D is too valuable, you can't trade any other worthwhile picks knowing you don't have a first. It sucks.

Really think the Devils should get that back after the player who was involved in the penalty reneged on his contract.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually they don't have a 1st round pick in 2014. Lou did the organization a favor by keeping the pick the past few years because this years class isn't nearly as good as the last two years or next year.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hemsky trade on the horizon?[/FONT]

The interest in Edmonton Oilers right wing Ales Hemsky continues to rise, with speculation mounting that a trade could be coming.
Hemsky, who is in the final year of his contract, admitted earlier in the season that he expects to be moved this year.

The Fourth Period :: Edmonton Oilers :: Hemsky trade on the horizon?

Just trade the guy already, frankly, i'm tired of hearing about it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumo(u)rs out of Buffalo that they would be looking for two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a prospect for Miller.

Not a chance in hell.

Maybe it's just posturing to try to prove to Miller how valuable the team thinks he is so that he'll re-sign. Maybe it's insanity. Either way, that doesn't happen.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumo(u)rs out of Buffalo that they would be looking for two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a prospect for Miller.

Not a chance in hell.

Maybe it's just posturing to try to prove to Miller how valuable the team thinks he is so that he'll re-sign. Maybe it's insanity. Either way, that doesn't happen.

One first rounder for sure, a 2nd one? Doubt it.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cammi to Kings? Kadri to Flames? Yak and Reimer swap? All that and more, check out The Hockey News for rumors.

Rumor Roundup | Post-to-Post

Nice to see an article speculating on a Jackets defenseman being available and it's not Johnson. But I am not sure Nikitin is on the block as yet. He has quietly moved up to lead the team in +/-. Him and Savard are becoming quite a third pairing.

Not a chance in hell.

Is Yakupov still considered a prospect?

images

Edmonton wants ALL THE GOALIES

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see an article speculating on a Jackets defenseman being available and it's not Johnson. But I am not sure Nikitin is on the block as yet. He has quietly moved up to lead the team in +/-. Him and Savard are becoming quite a third pairing.

Is Yakupov still considered a prospect?

images

Edmonton wants ALL THE GOALIES

Yeah that's shocking for a change.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news!

Pat Steinberg‏@Fan960Steinberg1 min

Mike Cammalleri on the ice with the main group this morning. First time since suffering a concussion. Won't play tonight. #Flames

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bertuzzi is a healthy scratch for the Wings tonight - Bring Bert back to Vancouver.

:bolt:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news!

Pat Steinberg‏@Fan960Steinberg1 min

Mike Cammalleri on the ice with the main group this morning. First time since suffering a concussion. Won't play tonight. #Flames

Gotta get healthy so he can be traded soon.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2007-8 was probably the first year I got *really* into following everything regarding the NHL. Sure, I was a Pens fan since the mid-90's, but I just watched Pens. I digress, my point being: even then there were Hemsky trade rumors...every.single.year.

It's so annoying, every year it's the same thing, trade deadline and offseason comes and goes, still an Oiler. He was a bust.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a chance in hell.

Trading goalies at the deadline just WON'T get a good return. They should've traded him in the offseason if their goal really was to move forward without him. Unless a contending team has a long term injury pre-deadline, he's not getting anything close to that in a trade. Sign and trade is another avenue I suppose, but then it'd have to be to a team that Miller wants to go to, which again would bring up the contender issue, and we circle back to the original issue. I just don't see him getting moved. I mentioned in the past a team like St. Louis may consider it, especially if they move one of Halak/Elliot (who are BOTH UFAs after this season, so again the issue is who takes them). I like those two guys, but I'd regard Miller as an upgrade, and certainly would put them in a position to FINALLY make waves in the West postseason.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so annoying, every year it's the same thing, trade deadline and offseason comes and goes, still an Oiler. He was a bust.

The Pens are always mentioned in the rumors too...which is also why it ticks me off. Not with a 20 foot pole. We already tried Ponikerovsky, don't need another run at that.