• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off to the Cooler Confines of Colorado.....7/20-22

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup for tonight

CF Delino DeShields
2B Rougned Odor
1B Prince Fielder
3B Adrian Beltre
LF Josh Hamilton
SS Elvis Andrus
RF Shin-Soo Choo
C Robinson Chirinos
P Matt Harrison

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland should absolutely be on the trade block for the right return.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True......But my beef with Harrison is why he may be force-feeding himself to the organization on the ML level when he knows he wasn't getting minor leaguers out with any consistency.

There's a place to stretch yourself out, regain or accept the fact you aren't going too, form, and it's not in Arlington, TX IMO.
That might be the case. I don't know. I am not sure how the conversation went between him and them about that subject. I really don't think talking him into retiring is on the table at this point though and I don't think waiving him is either. I think they let this play out for several more starts before they make any long term decisions.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup for tonight

CF Delino DeShields
2B Rougned Odor
1B Prince Fielder
3B Adrian Beltre
LF Josh Hamilton
SS Elvis Andrus
RF Shin-Soo Choo
C Robinson Chirinos
P Matt Harrison

Did you happen to hear TAG on 105.3 this morning?

He's a big fan of Roughned's and thinks he brings something to the club which we haven't had since Ian went north; that is, someone with a little swagger and attitude which rubs the other team the wrong way, and unifies our team.

TAG took Conger out behind the woodshed, verbally, and wore him out over that crap he pulled.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the first time in a long time, I think the ears are open to just about all offers for big leaguers and aside from Gallo, Mazara and maybe Alfaro, all prospects as well. I like Roogie a lot, but for the right return, I don't see any reason they shouldn't listen on most of these players.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm on record that anyone and everyone is available with the right offer. Always.

Conversation is cheap and easy. See how badly, or how valuable they think our guy (s) are with an offer. Saying no is easy.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers, Astros, Dodgers In Mix For Cole Hamels

Though Cole Hamels hasn’t performed well over his past two starts, trade interest in him doesn’t appear to be dying down. Despite previous comments that put a damper on the Hamels-to-Rangers rumors for awhile, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Rangers are “very much involved” in trade talks for Hamels, and they appear to be bidding about the Astros. That’s not the only Rangers/Hamels connection, either; Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that the Dodgers are the name he hears linked to Hamels most frequently, but the Rangers closely follow them.

Grant writes that while the Rangers do want to bolster their 2015 chances, a Hamels acquisition would be made with an eye toward pairing him atop their rotation with Yu Darsish in 2016-17. The Rangers have been said to dislike the notion of paying Hamels $23.5MM annually, so it seems likely that they’d ask for some kind of financial compensation, especially if they’re to part with top prospects in the deal. Joey Gallo wouldn’t exchange hands in a Hamels deal, Grant notes, listing outfielder Nomar Mazara and the injured-but-still-vaunted catching prospect Jorge Alfaro as likelier options. (Chi Chi Gonzalez‘s name has also come up in speculative rumors in the past.)

Starting to get tired of hearing about the Hamels trade possibility

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you happen to hear TAG on 105.3 this morning?

He's a big fan of Roughned's and thinks he brings something to the club which we haven't had since Ian went north; that is, someone with a little swagger and attitude which rubs the other team the wrong way, and unifies our team.

TAG took Conger out behind the woodshed, verbally, and wore him out over that crap he pulled.
I heard him addressing the situation on The Ticket this afternoon, but I didn't hear his other interview. He took baseball's unwritten rules behind the woodshed this afternoon.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though Cole Hamels hasn’t performed well over his past two starts, trade interest in him doesn’t appear to be dying down. Despite previous comments that put a damper on the Hamels-to-Rangers rumors for awhile, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Rangers are “very much involved” in trade talks for Hamels, and they appear to be bidding about the Astros. That’s not the only Rangers/Hamels connection, either; Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that the Dodgers are the name he hears linked to Hamels most frequently, but the Rangers closely follow them.

Grant writes that while the Rangers do want to bolster their 2015 chances, a Hamels acquisition would be made with an eye toward pairing him atop their rotation with Yu Darsish in 2016-17. The Rangers have been said to dislike the notion of paying Hamels $23.5MM annually, so it seems likely that they’d ask for some kind of financial compensation, especially if they’re to part with top prospects in the deal. Joey Gallo wouldn’t exchange hands in a Hamels deal, Grant notes, listing outfielder Nomar Mazara and the injured-but-still-vaunted catching prospect Jorge Alfaro as likelier options. (Chi Chi Gonzalez‘s name has also come up in speculative rumors in the past.)

Evan will not let it die either. TR Sullivan says they aren't in on Hamels and I trust TR much more than any of the national writers and more than the local guys as well.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard him addressing the situation on The Ticket this afternoon, but I didn't hear his other interview. He took baseball's unwritten rules behind the woodshed this afternoon.

Yes he did.....good for him.

He was quite entertaining, had a no-holds-barred kind of attitude, and made some terrific points earlier.

Sounds like, the agenda in the afternoon may have been similar to the morning show.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time in a long time, I think the ears are open to just about all offers for big leaguers and aside from Gallo, Mazara and maybe Alfaro, all prospects as well. I like Roogie a lot, but for the right return, I don't see any reason they shouldn't listen on most of these players.

I wonder what they could get for Roogie in the offseason?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers have adamantly said they're not interested in Hamels. Stfu, Rosenthal.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really don't think they want to trade him. Don't believe I want them to either.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is quite a bit. He's very young, shows upside, hits with a little pop, plays hard, good team guy, plays decent defense (will get better) and he's still inexpensive (for the next 3 seasons). That's a lot of good to have going for ya at 21 years old.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely do not like Choo in the line up. Rua should play LF and Josh in RF. Rh vs Lh out the window in this case. Choo was less than pitiful last night PHing..

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely do not like Choo in the line up. Rua should play LF and Josh in RF. Rh vs Lh out the window in this case. Choo was less than pitiful last night PHing..

They will continue yo-yoing Rua until they screw him up completely. He probably sits another week again

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why don't they just send Ryan down for now?

Honestly, I just don't understand.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even want to think about it. Roogie is not the player this team needs to even consider trading. He's young, controllable, and appears to be a catalyst. We need more like him. I see him as a future All-Star.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay tuned for the TAG and BUZZ SHOW:lm: