• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off to the Cooler Confines of Colorado.....7/20-22

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is about finding out about guys and that is exactly what we are doing, Martinez and Harrison included. I hope we can get the opportunity to find out about Rua playing everyday as well. We have to dump Choo to do so though or maybe simply bench him. It is time to sell off whatever pieces we can and continue to find out about some other guys.
To a point yes. But Nick faltered greatly his last month or so and needed to get some things worked out. It is not right to the other guys who are working their tails off if you just throw games in a roundabout way or put yourselves in a hole.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son had similar problems and was finally diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. He had to suffer through it for several months though before they found out.

I'm thinking some kind of colitis, maybe microscopic colitis as that can be linked to proton inhibitors for GERD which I take daily. I started taking fiber to try to get things stable. So far so good after a couple days.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look to guys to see if they habethe clutch gene. We have to weed out guys who underperform and don't come through when it counts

"Clutch" is kind of hard to quantify and not really valid in assessing baseball players when you consider the sample size.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar posted these yesterday btw....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get that kid healthy and dump Elvis.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels dump Hamilton, and their GM bolts and now they are on fire. They will run away from the rest of the division in the 2nd half

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels dump Hamilton, and their GM bolts and now they are on fire. They will run away from the rest of the division in the 2nd half
I along with others said this was the team to watch. No brainer there. It was just a matter of time. They shored up their starting rotation and have been healthy this year.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a point yes. But Nick faltered greatly his last month or so and needed to get some things worked out. It is not right to the other guys who are working their tails off if you just throw games in a roundabout way or put yourselves in a hole.
I think it is completely about finding out about guys. We all discussed that before the season began.

Nick seems to be used as a fall guy, but he is not the reason this team has struggled. Who would have replaced him and did better? Not Wandy or Detwiler for sure. Nick has had a bad month overall, but who on this roster hasn't had a bad month's worth of games this season. Maybe Prince, Moreland and Gallardo and not many others if any. Nick definitely needed to be sent down temporarily to take care of his workload, but we have to see what we have from him and if that requires a month or two worth of bad games then that is the way it has to be. We may have to have a half dozen or so starts from Harrison where he struggles as well to find out where he can get back to.

Besides, it isn't about being right to other players. It is about getting this team right overall sometime within the next couple of seasons. You have to put up with bad months from players to get that done. Look how many bad outings we put up with from Holland before he came into his own. It was much more than a month's worth. I understand Nick will never be as good as Holland, but the principle is the same.

I just think we need to keep in mind that we were never going anywhere this year anyway. In May we all forgot that, but the reality is that we were never going anywhere. I think we have to find out things to help us in the future.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last "news" I had heard about him was about a month ago...

Thanks for that Xx. Needs to be 120 feet pain free from what I've heard. Hopefully that will be soon. Like to see him in ST running.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Clutch" is kind of hard to quantify and not really valid in assessing baseball players when you consider the sample size.

Maybe not impossible to quantify. Rangers a stage for example with men in scoring position. We saw what Beltre did when pressure is on. Funny yiu should mention this as I am thinking this may be a learned trait be all inherent. I wonder if Banny can help the guys with this. Example Odor jumping all over first pitch in 9th inning. But sure there is some speculatory theory being shoveled.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brought up something I hadn't considered, and it makes sense, but if it materialized it would bum me the fuck out:

Moreland, finally playing up to expectations, becomes an attractive trade piece to improve the team.
He might be right. Moreland probably is at his peak value right now and it might be a good time to trade him if someone was really needing a 1B. Sometimes you have to give up something valuable to get something valuable back. Think of how much better of a return they could have gotten for Beltre a year ago. A year later and Beltre isn't worth nearly as much.

I think we all thought Mitch would perform below the level that he has performed at so far. It might be wise to cash in on his sudden improvement in case it is a fluke. Would any of us be surprised if he hit .245 next year with 17 HRs and missed 40 games due to injury? We might very well look back a year from now and wish we would have traded him while he was hot.

That being said, I am not sure that there is a contender that is hurting at 1B. I don't expect Mitch will be traded, but I would understand it if he was.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan had an interesting answer about Derek Holland coming back from injury.

"Here is the comp from my past I'll throw out: Al Leiter. Power lefty had ton of shoulder issues (and command) early. Got healthy close to age 30. Had nearly a decade as a very good starting pitcher. Had a "young arm" in his 30s because he hadn't logged as many innings. Can Holland be similar?"

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's Harry-to-the-Hill tonight.

If he looks as poorly tonight as he did in his last start, I wonder what the Rangers mindset is going to be with him going forward?

Will they keep him up, show patience (more patience actually) and see if he can work through it and regain form? Will they try to convince him to retire? If Harrison refuses to do anything other than pitch for the big club, do they let him go out there for more starts, get his ass bombed and embarrassed to the point where he'll have to admit, to himself, it's time to go? Do they just waive him?

Harry, obviously, isn't the only crossroads we're gonna have to pass between now and next season though. It's about the only thing which is going to be interesting/entertaining for us the rest of this season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's Harry-to-the-Hill tonight.

If he looks as poorly tonight as he did in his last start, I wonder what the Rangers mindset is going to be with him going forward?

Will they keep him up, show patience (more patience actually) and see if he can work through it and regain form? Will they try to convince him to retire? If Harrison refuses to do anything other than pitch for the big club, do they let him go out there for more starts, get his ass bombed and embarrassed to the point where he'll have to admit, to himself, it's time to go? Do they just waive him?

Harry, obviously, isn't the only crossroads we're gonna have to pass between now and next season though. It's about the only thing which is going to be interesting/entertaining for us the rest of this season.
I think they expect several more rough starts from Matt before they have a chance to see marked improvement. I doubt they ever had very high expectations for his first 6 or 7 starts coming back from this injury and layoff.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they expect several more rough starts from Matt before they have a chance to see marked improvement. I doubt they ever had very high expectations for his first 6 or 7 starts coming back from this injury and layoff.

True......But my beef with Harrison is why he may be force-feeding himself to the organization on the ML level when he knows he wasn't getting minor leaguers out with any consistency.

There's a place to stretch yourself out, regain or accept the fact you aren't going too, form, and it's not in Arlington, TX IMO.