• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

oct 18 not a peep countdown

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree with your assessment of Palmer. I think he is finished. I think his game has been slipping since he hurt his arm and I expect him to look more like a late career Bledsoe (immobile, inaccurate, turnover machine) than anything else.

This might be true, but he did have a career game in week 16 of last season against the #1 defense in football who were still playing to make the post-season. It was also with his backup recievers. I would have been interested to see what he has left in the tank, but if a QB wants out I think you have to trade him.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree with your assessment of Palmer. I think he is finished. I think his game has been slipping since he hurt his arm and I expect him to look more like a late career Bledsoe (immobile, inaccurate, turnover machine) than anything else.

I'm not saying that Dalton is playing at a high level and I'm certainly not suggesting we are contenders. But, I'd rather watch guys with potential for the future rather than keep throwing out Palmer and over-the-hill receivers. Palmer did us all a favor. Mike Brown would have stayed loyal to Palmer and wouldn't have used a high pick for a new qb if it weren't for Palmer wanting out.

I think the "over-the-hill" receivers were the problem. And I'm glad they're gone. I would love to watch Palmer with the new young guys as we did the last 2.5 games of last season. It was fun to watch and over which span Palmer looked like his old self.

I absolutely don't believe Palmer will ever be as accurate as he once was. But even last season he put up 4000 yards on 62% completion (versus the 68% in 2005). I think most fans - and what you seem to be doing - when they think of Palmer, they look at what he used to be and make an assessment based off that "baseline". However, his numbers last season based on a normal "baseline" were above average at the least (minus the TO's which I still apply a good number of to those "over-the-hill" receivers).

Bledsoe's career high comp % was 61.5%. His final 4 seasons hit 60% once at 60.1. The rest on average were mid 50's. Had over 3000 yards (3600) once. Horrible comparison unless you're referring to the general "dropoff". In which case Palmer's "dropoff" puts him at his last seasons number. I'd take it.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean that Palmer was already Bledsoe.... I meant that he would become that.... Possibly within a season or two. I think his physical skills are rapidly declining. Maybe not. Maybe he just needed a new system or some new receivers. We'll see.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean that Palmer was already Bledsoe.... I meant that he would become that.... Possibly within a season or two. I think his physical skills are rapidly declining. Maybe not. Maybe he just needed a new system or some new receivers. We'll see.

He needs some ice for his bruised vagina too.