• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now you people understand why its tough to field a good D in the Big 12

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU set the offensive trend in this conference.

Now we will bring back the defensive trend.

Follow our lead bitches.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read a stat earlier today that the big 12 is the only conference with half of its conference ranked 22nd or better in scoring defense..

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 85% of the teams in the conference running no huddle, up tempo offenses, it's tough to have good stats in the Big 12. Bammers, imagine having to play offenses that are just as good and explosive as Aggy's for 4-6 weeks straight sometimes.

Before any dumbfuck responds, I know Texas sucks, the LHN ruined the Big 12, Mack Brown must be fired and we do less with more. Did I forget anything?

1. Seeing how TAMU is the only team that runs that type of offense in the league, do you suppose it is because Bama and the other SEC teams build their defenses for the type of teams they will see regularly?
  2. At most there are 1 or 2 offenses in the Big12 that are as good as TAMU with JF (last year, I am not sure this year), so there goes that whole 4-6 straight weeks argument.
  3. Bama is rebuilding a defense that lost a great deal of its starters to the NFL last year ... that could have a little to do with it.
  4. Texas sucks, the LHN ruined the Big 12, Mack Brown must be fired, and you do less with more.
That is all.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, so this is what goes on after da lights are turned off at night....who knew???:noidea:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Seeing how TAMU is the only team that runs that type of offense in the league, do you suppose it is because Bama and the other SEC teams build their defenses for the type of teams they will see regularly?
  2. At most there are 1 or 2 offenses in the Big12 that are as good as TAMU with JF (last year, I am not sure this year), so there goes that whole 4-6 straight weeks argument.
  3. Bama is rebuilding a defense that lost a great deal of its starters to the NFL last year ... that could have a little to do with it.
  4. Texas sucks, the LHN ruined the Big 12, Mack Brown must be fired, and you do less with more.
That is all.

...and there is this little guy named Johnny Manziel that seems to make a lot happen out of nothing! Not sure those other teams have that? Baylor is the only team that has shown the explosiveness but against nobody. Not sure the 21 Okie St put up on Miss St is frightening! :noidea:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, when you face some of the worst offenses ever fielded on this planet, SEC D stats are extremely overrated. Cue in "SEC has won the last 7 NC's" in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

That's just BS!.. Florida played OU for the NC and it had " one of the most prolific scoring offenses" at the time and Florida's D held them to 14points and they tried using that hurry up offense bs too.. Good Ds are v prepared for that

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas sucks, the LHN ruined the Big 12, Mack Brown must be fired, and you do less with more.That is all.

There it is folks, the Georgia fan has defined the Longhorn program. It's very funny how the same statements can be made about Georgia, except the LHN. Could you imagine a Georgia network? Neither could ESPN:laugh3:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There it is folks, the Georgia fan has defined the Longhorn program. It's very funny how the same statements can be made about Georgia, except the LHN. Could you imagine a Georgia network? Neither could ESPN:laugh3:
Georgia fan was quoting the Texas fan so you really need to back read before commenting...or don't and look like a dumbass.

BTW the comment was the first post.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butthurt sips. I hope y'all get your own 'Coach Fran' and keep the mediocrity going for another 5 years.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the pac has been making this argument for years.

Trust me, it will gain no traction with pollsters.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 85% of the teams in the conference running no huddle, up tempo offenses, it's tough to have good stats in the Big 12. Bammers, imagine having to play offenses that are just as good and explosive as Aggy's for 4-6 weeks straight sometimes.

Before any dumbfuck responds, I know Texas sucks, the LHN ruined the Big 12, Mack Brown must be fired and we do less with more. Did I forget anything?

OK, I'll get back to the point Exes,

Show me 4-6 offenses in the Big XII that are as explosive as A&M. I'll give you Baylor. They are leading the NCAA in total offense. Outside of that, the Big XII doesn't have an offense in the top 25 for total yards/game. The next highest offense is Tech at #26 and they average 100 yards less per game than A&M. You will also find that Georgia (#16) and Missouri (#17) are in the top 25 offenses for total yards.

So, where are these 4-6 teams that make the entire Big XII defenses look bad?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But A&M sucked before Manziel. The only reason they're any good at all is because of him, and maybe Sumlin.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just BS!.. Florida played OU for the NC and it had " one of the most prolific scoring offenses" at the time and Florida's D held them to 14points and they tried using that hurry up offense bs too.. Good Ds are v prepared for that

......and UF had well over a month to prepare for OU's offense, major major difference. Let's not forget OU also had well over a month for UF's offense and held them 20 + points well below their scoring average, as UF was raping SEC defenses that year for 47 ppg and rolling over 450 yds per game. OU's defense wasn't even all that, but when you have well over a month to prepare, the defenses will shine the majority of the time in the BCS title game.