• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now you people understand why its tough to field a good D in the Big 12

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he got his ass whipped by a freshman last year and a Jr. (Tannehill) in 2010. Guess that makes ole LJ 2-2 vs. A&M.

As for A&M's level of competition, they just played the #1 team in the country. What's the best team OU has played this year? West Virgina? Where is OU's high powered offensive numbers?

OU was whipping A&M's assback in the early 2000s regularly but do you remember 2002? When OU was ranked #1 and looked to have the inside track to the National Championship game. Well, they did until they came to Kyle Field and left with an embarassing loss to a shitty A&M team.

Yeah but I also remember Torrance Marshall saving OU's ass at Kyle Field in 2000 when OU won the National championship.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I also remember Torrance Marshall saving OU's ass at Kyle Field in 2000 when OU won the National championship.

I remember that game too. RC Slocum screwed it up. A&M had 1st & Goal at the 4. Instead of running Jamar Toomes 4 times, they threw the ball 3 times and failed to score.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that game too. RC Slocum screwed it up. A&M had 1st & Goal at the 4. Instead of running Jamar Toomes 4 times, they threw the ball 3 times and failed to score.

*Toombs

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could've won the the the South that year.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decent offense????

So, A&M finished in the top 5 for total offense last year and is currently #2 int total offense this year and its just decent?

PS. As a Steelers fan, I saw Landry Jones in the preseason. To borrow a quote from Buddy Ryan. "Trade that guy for a six-pack and it doesn't even need to be cold."

3, behind Baylor and Oregon

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3, behind Baylor and Oregon
-
little early to be quoting rankings. It is one thing if you have played 3 solid games, but that is not the case for 90% of AQ schools. I think all are quite good offenses, but way to early to make these out be mean too much. Poor results vs weak competition is much more valid than rolling patsies.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don[t be a dumbass. I'm talking about throughout the years. Your Aggies were getting raped on defense every year in the Big 12 and returned 9 starters from the same shitty defense in '11 that gave up over 400 yds per game and 28 ppg. In your 1st year in the SEC, your defense shined, due to playing all of those god awful offenses. In fact, the only real offense you guys faced last year, thoroughly raped your defense for 57 pts ande over 600 yds of offense and they weren't in your conference. Yes, we all know what you did to an average OU team in the Cotton Bowl last year, but you had well over a month to prepare for that game, not to mention, OU already had 2 losses going into that game.

You Longhorns returned 19 starters that ass raped the #9 SEC team last year 66-31 on the road...yet somehow this year you got pounded at home 44-23...

Please explain...how is this possible...could it possibly be that this year isn't last year and things change...Oh my God...who knew?

...BTW...on what fucking planet did A&M's defense shine last year...they gave up 4 touchdowns 6 fucking times and 400 yards or more 7 times and held one opponent under 300 yards. While I admit that is awesome by Big 12 standards, I would hardly calling it shining.

Not only that, but since you want to talk about previous years. A&M has 4 common opponents between the '11 and '12 seasons, SMU, Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas. They gave up 135 points in '11 to those 4 and 55 to those same opponents in '12....(insert sarcasm font)...OMG, how is this possible...how could they possibly get better from one year to the next... must be all those god awful SEC Offenses.

I know Longhorns struggle with this, but some teams actually do get better from one year to the next, particularly if they have a lot of returning players.

Trust me when I say this. Texas is lucky the Aggies are in somebody else's conference for the last two years. Texas pride could not handle getting bitched slapped that hard from College Station, particularly this year. A&M could call their own number on that margarine soft Texas D...and I'm pretty sure they would pick a high one. On the plus side, A&M still have some remnants of the typical soft Big 12 D, so at least Texas could score some points.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Tammies have a decent offense. And you have a rat-clawed ugly little shit-talker that pulls magic out of his Gypsy ass.

Lol, this is by far the best Johnny slam I have seen, and will post no more shit talk about the Big 12 for 24 hours in deference to it's awesomeness. Derogatory, Offensive, Cruel, Slightly Racist and True all in one post...hats off.

:suds:

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it hasn't looked pretty for most of the good big 12 offenses against good sec defenses in the big games that I recall. Bama vs Texas, Florida vs Oklahoma. Most of the cotton bowls played in the past decade... I don't have the numbers in front of me, but i seem to remember a lot of validation.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it hasn't looked pretty for most of the good big 12 offenses against good sec defenses in the big games that I recall. Bama vs Texas, Florida vs Oklahoma. Most of the cotton bowls played in the past decade... I don't have the numbers in front of me, but i seem to remember a lot of validation.
-
not a lot of games. 2 games last yr. Texas scored a season high on Ole Miss and OU tied a season low vs A&M.
KSU the yr before scored 16, but held by a couple Big 12 teams to 17. Aggies put 38.

Seems like only 2 games a yr. No intelligent person would base an opinion with that limited data.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-
not a lot of games. 2 games last yr. Texas scored a season high on Ole Miss and OU tied a season low vs A&M.
KSU the yr before scored 16, but held by a couple Big 12 teams to 17. Aggies put 38.

Seems like only 2 games a yr. No intelligent person would base an opinion with that limited data.

hence why I specified good offenses vs good defenses. I don't think anyone cares what the top offenses in the league does against the bottom defenses in the sec or vice versa.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Longhorns returned 19 starters ....

I know Longhorns struggle with this, but some teams actually do get better from one year to the next, particularly if they have a lot of returning players.

You really made me laugh. Don't you remember when a school returned a lot of starters and they didn't perform as expected? .... They were in the Big 12 and are now in another conference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hence why I specified good offenses vs good defenses. I don't think anyone cares what the top offenses in the league does against the bottom defenses in the sec or vice versa.
-
Then why say SEC? Either you mean the SEC or you dont. You do not get to pick which teams count for the SEC. In any case they were all bowl teams.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really made me laugh. Don't you remember when a school returned a lot of starters and they didn't perform as expected? .... They were in the Big 12 and are now in another conference.

And the Head Coach lost his job for not living up to expectations. Is this year 3 of Mack not living up to expectations?

Charlie, I understand that longhorns suck right now, but does bringing up a bad season for A&M make you feel better? Does that put you in your "Happy Place"? Does it take your mind off the piss poor tackling of the t.u. defense? Lamar from "Revenge of the Nerds" would be ashamed of the t.u. tackling. But, if bringing up a bad season by A&M gives you some relief from reality, than good for you.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Head Coach lost his job for not living up to expectations. Is this year 3 of Mack not living up to expectations?

Charlie, I understand that longhorns suck right now, but does bringing up a bad season for A&M make you feel better? Does that put you in your "Happy Place"? Does it take your mind off the piss poor tackling of the t.u. defense? Lamar from "Revenge of the Nerds" would be ashamed of the t.u. tackling. But, if bringing up a bad season by A&M gives you some relief from reality, than good for you.

Simple response to all of your questions.
What happened the next season for A&M(gasp!)? :L

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple response to all of your questions.
What happened the next season for A&M(gasp!)? :L

They finished the season ranked #5 in the Nation, Had the first ever freshmaHe is man trophy winner, beat the National Champion in their own house, and kicked the shit out of the team that stomped a mud hole in t.u.'s ass. I think that just about sums it up.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They finished the season ranked #5 in the Nation, Had the first ever freshmaHe is man trophy winner, beat the National Champion in their own house, and kicked the shit out of the team that stomped a mud hole in t.u.'s ass. I think that just about sums it up.

Conference title? BCS title? BCS bowl?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your best win is against Rice and they rolled over 500 yards of offense and dropped 31 on your sorry defense. Sumlin doesn't have the sack to schedule BYU in Provo, and that's a fact. Even Bama's average offense raped the ever living shit out of your shit defense. Damn, I wish we could have played Rice and SHSU Directional.....