• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now you people understand why its tough to field a good D in the Big 12

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be fair I think Bauserman had a good game once too.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're just asking people to quit being stupid and acknowledge what having a better qb can do for our team, and to quit using knight's games against Bell.

That's fine, but it was only one game. It's not a trend, it's not a pattern, it's a data point.

Alabama had a similar change in offense with the same offense, just playing 2 different teams. Had less than 200 yards of offense and only 1 offensive TD against VT. Then against A&M we have over 550 yards of offense and 42 points of offense.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but it was only one game. It's not a trend, it's not a pattern, it's a data point.

Alabama had a similar change in offense with the same offense, just playing 2 different teams. Had less than 200 yards of offense and only 1 offensive TD against VT. Then against A&M we have over 550 yards of offense and 42 points of offense.

Absolutely. I'm just saying let it play out and let Bell's games stand on their own rather than holding knights games over his head. This is Bell's team now and that changes things a lot.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're telling you bell has the ability to put up elite offensive numbers, and you pointed at knight's games as proof that Oklahoma's offense isn't good enough. It's not that damn hard to follow unless you have Down's syndrome.

Quit trying to deflect by saying I'm getting angry and defensive simply because I'm calling out your bull crap.

It's not bullcrap just because you can't defend it. Are QBs suddenly the only players able to generate offensive TDs? If the rest of your offense was so great, you'd of gotten a whole lot more than that. As I just pointed out, William & Mary mustered more points on WVU.

Once again, and this is the final time I'm gonna explain this, it looks like Bell is better than Knight. However, one game against a horrible defense doesn't suddenly make you an elite offense.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back now
what did I miss???

Well bucknut thinks he needs to set the little ol' Big XII straight on what ELITE offense is.

Bucknut starts saying that only Baylor and Okie Jr have elite offenses.

OU fans try to get him to see the light, but he don't wanna.

So some OU fans prove to him that overall, OU has a better team...that OU's starting QB has thrown for as many yards IN ONE GAME as their QB has thrown for all season...that our defense is WAY better than the trash they're putting on the field...and when confronted with these facts, we're "defensive" and "butthurt".

I think that covers most of it.

Did you know that the bucknut opponents, so far, have virtually 0 defense?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bullcrap just because you can't defend it. Are QBs suddenly the only players able to generate offensive TDs? If the rest of your offense was so great, you'd of gotten a whole lot more than that. As I just pointed out, William & Mary mustered more points on WVU.

Once again, and this is the final time I'm gonna explain this, it looks like Bell is better than Knight. However, one game against a horrible defense doesn't suddenly make you an elite offense.

A quarterback changes the dynamic of an offense entirely. Even a casual fan could see that.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I'm just saying let it play out and let Bell's games stand on their own rather than holding knights games over his head. This is Bell's team now and that changes things a lot.

I've never once said it's Bell's fault they didn't score on WVU and I've never said the offense will not be better under Bell.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never once said it's Bell's fault they didn't score on WVU and I've never said the offense will not be better under Bell.

Then let him lead the offense for another game or two before you start saying Oklahoma's offense is worse than William and Mary's. it doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is if your quarterback can't complete a pass.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bucknut thinks he needs to set the little ol' Big XII straight on what ELITE offense is.

Bucknut starts saying that only Baylor and Okie Jr have elite offenses.

OU fans try to get him to see the light, but he don't wanna.

So some OU fans prove to him that overall, OU has a better team...that OU's starting QB has thrown for as many yards IN ONE GAME as their QB has thrown for all season...that our defense is WAY better than the trash they're putting on the field...and when confronted with these facts, we're "defensive" and "butthurt".

I think that covers most of it.

Did you know that the bucknut opponents, so far, have virtually 0 defense?

I would say that sums it up.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright romeo & occupant & whomever else I may have offended with my not exactly pro-OU banter. It looks like it should be better under Bell. Sure seems like Stoops made the wrong choice with Knight, and you may end up having a pretty decent offense. However, as of now (as I originally said), OU isn't elite.

To go back to the OP, that point is BS. 4 of your teams are ranked 82nd or worse in PPG, and only 3 are ranked in the top 30, so I think you're a little late with this post.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor only put 70 pts on Buffalo.

Eastern Illinois only put 40 pts on San Diego State in their house.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then let him lead the offense for another game or two before you start saying Oklahoma's offense is worse than William and Mary's. it doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is if your quarterback can't complete a pass.

Ha, I never said the offense was worse than William & Mary's either. Lighten up already.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright romeo & occupant & whomever else I may have offended with my not exactly pro-OU banter. It looks like it should be better under Bell. Sure seems like Stoops made the wrong choice with Knight, and you may end up having a pretty decent offense. However, as of now (as I originally said), OU isn't elite.

To go back to the OP, that point is BS. 4 of your teams are ranked 82nd or worse in PPG, and only 3 are ranked in the top 30, so I think you're a little late with this post.

I have no idea if OU is elite or not. We should know more after Oklahoma visits south bend.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if OU is elite or not. We should know more after Oklahoma visits south bend.

I agree. So how about that Wisconsin-Arizona State ending, huh??

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. So how about that Wisconsin-Arizona State ending, huh??

Wisky got screwed, but they never should've been behind to begin with.