• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'No one wants to play with Kobe'

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, It's quite the opposite. I called LeBron's return to Cleveland in a blog back in February when all the frontrunners claimed there's no chance in hell he'd leave Miami. I'd post the link the the blog, but I have enough respect for this site not to spam it up.

Point is, you repeatedly claim over and over the Lakers are a top free agent destination, but provide little rationale as to why other than "Kobe is great" and "Hollywood is great".

It's been proven that those factors alone aren't going to be what attracts free agents to L.A. It's the money that will.

They have plenty of money. They have some nice young players. A really good one if Randle pans out. The organization has a proven track record of being successful and taking care of their players. And you can't deny that living in LA has several advantages that other cities can't provide, the home of the entertainment industry being one of them.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, what I am saying is that you can't look at Dwight's departure and say "no one wants to play for the Lakers", because he's flip-flopped before. In that sense, his departure didn't mean anything.

:agree:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, It's quite the opposite. I called LeBron's return to Cleveland in a blog back in February when all the frontrunners claimed there's no chance in hell he'd leave Miami. I'd post the link the the blog, but I have enough respect for this site not to spam it up.

Point is, you repeatedly claim over and over the Lakers are a top free agent destination, but provide little rationale as to why other than "Kobe is great" and "Hollywood is great".

It's been proven that those factors alone aren't going to be what attracts free agents to L.A. It's the money that will.

You have to be doing this on purpose. You are contradicting yourself and acting like you don't see it. You claim that you called Lebron going to Miami in a blog back in February and have agreed that 'Melo was always going to stay in NY for the money.

The only 2 FA's that the Lakers were truly interested in, do exactly what you even claim you knew they'd do, yet it somehow proves that top FA's don't want to play for the Lakers. Sorry, you can't have it both ways. Either they did what everyone knew they were going to do, or they did it to avoid signing with the Lakers. It can't be both.

Additionally, it's not just the money that will attract top FA's. If that were the case, then no top FA's would switch teams because under the CBA, the hometown teams can offer more and can go over the cap to keep their own guys.

Also, Hollywood and Kobe aren't what Lakers fans have said will attract them. It's also the fact that the Lakers have shown over the years that they know how to win championships and take care of their players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read my 10 blog entries on sportsblog from the year 2014 and you'd find that none of it is tabloid writing, so try again.

Point is, two or three posters before me had pointed out that the whole "No one wants to play with Kobe" myth was generated by his haters. I was merely offering my opinion on what, as opposed to who, that hate was generated by.

In reference to Adrian "whatever his name is" and the clicks he receives - If you chose to care about what Joe Blow in Wyoming does with his personal time on his computer, then that's your choice. I personally choose not to, though. Attention hogs generate more haters. It is what it is.

While i would love to read the rest i cant get past the fact that some guy who writes a blog doesnt understand context LOL.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Flauge, I respect you as a poster, but this might be the stupidest thing I've seen you post. When was the last time KD was a free agent and the Lakers had cap space to sign him? Also, KD isn't the only one who's spoken out.

Exactly.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's bullshit then why does he have nobody to play with? :lol:

Honestly though, they are dumb for letting Pau go. They would've been a much better team if they kept him.

They didn't "let Gasol go." They offered him a fair contract and he elected to leave anyway.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why won't you just admit that one of the greatest shooting guards to ever play the game has destroyed one of the most storied franchises of all time and now no one will ever want to play for him or the team again! Face it, it is Kobe who has single handedly, through his greed, caused Armageddon for the Laker franchise.:omg:

KD disagrees and Thomas has said he wanted to play in LA. There's 2 people that have more credibility than you do.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Howard means nothing? You can have a personal vendetta against Howard all you want. I for one, don't like how he handled his departure from Orlando.

But, at least get your facts straight. Howard has won wherever he goes. His team is currently 19-5 and 11 and a half game ahead of the Lakers in the standings.

Has won wherever he goes? How many rings does he have again?

:bullshit:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't "let Gasol go." They offered him a fair contract and he elected to leave anyway.

Not only that, but he actually waited until Lebron and 'Melo made their decisions. If either one of them is a Laker, so is Pau.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD disagrees and Thomas has said he wanted to play in LA. There's 2 people that have more credibility than you do.

He was being sarcastic. I made the same mistake. :L

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They offered gasol more money then the bulls and a no trade clause.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be doing this on purpose. You are contradicting yourself and acting like you don't see it. You claim that you called Lebron going to Miami in a blog back in February and have agreed that 'Melo was always going to stay in NY for the money.

The only 2 FA's that the Lakers were truly interested in, do exactly what you even claim you knew they'd do, yet it somehow proves that top FA's don't want to play for the Lakers. Sorry, you can't have it both ways. Either they did what everyone knew they were going to do, or they did it to avoid signing with the Lakers. It can't be both.

Additionally, it's not just the money that will attract top FA's. If that were the case, then no top FA's would switch teams because under the CBA, the hometown teams can offer more and can go over the cap to keep their own guys.

No no. I ain't contradicting anything. You just keep stating over and over again that the Lakers can and will attract a star, yet fail to provide "who", "what", and "where" portions of your claim. So it wasn't Dwight, Carmelo, or LeBron. Does this mean your team is now going to put all your eggs in the 2016 Kevin Durant basket? After over 70 posts in this thread, I'm still waiting to hear who you think your team is going to land.

Also, Hollywood and Kobe aren't what Lakers fans have said will attract them. It's also the fact that the Lakers have shown over the years that they know how to win championships and take care of their players.

*When Phil Jackson and/or Jerry West were around*

Good luck winning titles now that Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss are overseeing all organizational operations. And when I say that, I truly mean that. I ain't blowing you shit. I'd be scared to death of those two were in complete control of my basketball organization, though.

Winning what? Only 8 teams have won a championship in the past 30 years.

The "rings" card doesn't apply everywhere. Don't be a frontrunner. How many rings does Charles Barkley have? Karl Malone? Patrick Ewing? George Gervin? How about even Kevin Durant? Zach Randolph? (Guys that have worked their asses off to get where they currently are.)

Just because some teams aren't tanking for the next "susperstar" to fall into their laps like the Lakers and Sixers are doesn't mean they are failing at what they are trying do do.

While i would love to read the rest i cant get past the fact that some guy who writes a blog doesnt understand context LOL.

Context? Let me ask you one question - Was I the one that made the blanket statement that "no one wants to play with Kobe"? Nope, I did not. You're thinking of someone else. Sorry I couldn't give you your rise.

You can view some of my blogs on SportsHoopla's NBA blog page. DJ wrote two about the Lakers. The other three were by me. NBA | SportsHoopla.com

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No no. I ain't contradicting anything. You just keep stating over and over again that the Lakers can and will attract a star, yet fail to provide "who", "what", and "where" portions of your claim. So it wasn't Dwight, Carmelo, or LeBron. Does this mean your team is now going to put all your eggs in the 2016 Kevin Durant basket? After over 70 posts in this thread, I'm still waiting to hear who you think your team is going to land.

Good luck winning titles now that Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss are overseeing all organizational operations. And when I say that, I truly mean that. I ain't blowing you shit. I'd be scared to death of those two were in complete control of my basketball organization, though.

The "rings" card doesn't apply everywhere. Don't be a frontrunner. How many rings does Charles Barkley have? Karl Malone? Patrick Ewing? George Gervin? How about even Kevin Durant? Zach Randolph? (Guys that have worked their asses off to get where they currently are.)

Just because some teams aren't tanking for the next "susperstar" to fall into their laps like the Lakers and Sixers are doesn't mean they are failing at what they are trying do do.

Context? Let me ask you one question - Was I the one that made the blanket statement that "no one wants to play with Kobe"? Nope, I did not. You're thinking of someone else. Sorry I couldn't give you your rise.

You can view some of my blogs on SportsHoopla's NBA blog page. DJ wrote two about the Lakers. The other three were by me. NBA | SportsHoopla.com

But you did, you responded to something that you just said had nothing to do with you...:wtf::noidea: Oh boy, i guess your just trying to plug your Blog posts. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Contradicting yourself is exactly what you're doing. I'm sorry you're the only one who can't see it, even after having it explained for you. I don't need to state "who, what, etc." because we don't know for certain who's going to be available. As of yesterday, Rondo was going to be available, now he likely won't be. We won't know until some time after the season who the Lakers will go after because we don't know who's going to be available.

I'm not that worried for a couple of reasons. For one, Mitch learned under Jerry West and he is well respected throughout the NBA. He seems to be taking more of the lead on this. Second, Jim Buss has said that he and Mitch have a 3 year plan that began this year and that if it doesn't work, he'll step down. Jeanie, who has final say on everything the franchise does, has said that she'll hold him to it.

Bullshit. The rings card ALWAYS applies. It's how the great players separate themselves from one another. Ask those guys you listed how important winning a ring is and what individual accomplishments they'd give up just to get one ring.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rondo news enhances the argument. but when you compare what the mavs have done to give dirk chances to win championship compared to what lakers have done for kobe is not even close.. and yeah some of that is kobe taking the money and running.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rondo news enhances the argument. but when you compare what the mavs have done to give dirk chances to win championship compared to what lakers have done for kobe is not even close.. and yeah some of that is kobe taking the money and running.

Did the Lakers just not try to get Rondo?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhh, Kobe has 5 championships. If you are talking recently then every year has been a waste for the Mavs since their championship season until this one. I know no amount of reason will change your mind though because you're too deeply entrenched in this idea to admit you are wrong. Lakers could have gotten Rondo if they had some more assets, but the Lakers gambled most of their assets away on the Dwight/Nash Lakers team a few years back. What does Kobe's contract have to do with the Mavs acquiring Rondo? I don't know.

Maybe you're just spoiled? :shrug: