• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'No one wants to play with Kobe'

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, may as well send them to Seattle (where they have lakes) since the Clippers are LAs team.
behindsofa.gif

we have lakes get your head out of hte ground

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston does not get KG unless Pierce AND Allen are already there- he turned down the trade until Allen became part of the equation

James and Bosh dont even CONSIDER Miami if Dwade is not there along with Riley

Dwight Howard would NEVER have gone to the Rockets if Harden and a good base of players was not there

James would NEVER have come back to Cleveland if Kyrie was a bust and the Cavs had the 6th pick in the draft

Chris Paul would NEVER have accepted a trade to the Clippers if they were a talentless bottom feeder and did not have Blake Griffen.

The only clown who decided to go it alone was Melo- and that was because he STAYED in his hometown for the MOST money- something the Lakers will NOT be able to offer as they wont have bird rights and the ability to offer the most money.

I highly doubt RW/Durant resign in OKC unless the other guy is there.

What I am trying to say is- you cannot attract major free agents to a situation that is a dumpster fire like the Lakers. You need at least one big time talent already involved.

This is not my opinion. This is just how the league works. Does anyone think Rondo leaves money on the table to leave Dallas to go to a team that has a worse chance of winning AND he has to take less cash?

that simply does not happen. it is why despite the unrealized expectations of the Cavs that I confident Love will be back.

His options will be- go some where else for less money- or resign for the most money and play with LeBron James.

common sense wins out.

ill be the exception to the laker fan code here lol. I agree with this for now. its not going to surprise me at all if they strike out again this upcoming offseason. everyone is saying oh yes they want to play with kobe..but they aren't signing up to do it. ive been saying this same thing is you don't have much to entice free agents to want to come to lakerland. had they reeled in lowry, or parson or any of the other above average players that were available then other stars see LA as a championship destination. unless its by trade I just don't see it happening.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You agree with WiggyRuss, no surprises here.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill be the exception to the laker fan code here lol. I agree with this for now. its not going to surprise me at all if they strike out again this upcoming offseason. everyone is saying oh yes they want to play with kobe..but they aren't signing up to do it. ive been saying this same thing is you don't have much to entice free agents to want to come to lakerland. had they reeled in lowry, or parson or any of the other above average players that were available then other stars see LA as a championship destination. unless its by trade I just don't see it happening.

:L

This was covered plenty of times.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by logic View Post
Yup, may as well send them to Seattle (where they have lakes) since the Clippers are LAs team.
not as long as I live in this friggin' town..

We really need a sarcasm tag.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This was covered plenty of times.

What can I say? trojanfight is clearly a doubting thomas type who refuses to see any possibility of recovery for the team. I'll bet he was saying the exact same things when Shaq left.

WiggyRuss is just stupid. Good to see his Cavs have taken the league by storm though. I'm sure that current 5 seed is exactly what he was hoping for.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I say? trojanfight is clearly a doubting thomas type who refuses to see any possibility of recovery for the team. I'll bet he was saying the exact same things when Shaq left.

WiggyRuss is just stupid. Good to see his Cavs have taken the league by storm though. I'm sure that current 5 seed is exactly what he was hoping for.

TF12, you were right.

* throws up in mouth just a lil bit *:brushteeth:

Jim Buss told the Los Angeles Times last April that he would step down from his role in basketball operations if the Los Angeles Lakers weren't contenting within three seasons.

Jeanie Buss said on Tuesday she'll hold him to that pledge.

"Yeah, of course," Buss told The Times at the 11th annual Lakers All-Access event at Staples Center on Tuesday night. "But I don't see why -- given the resources, given our legacy, given who our head coach is, who our front office is -- [we'll have] any problem."

Jim Buss had announced his deadline to the Buss siblings.

"It was a private conversation with our family but I understand why he said it. I mean, I don't understand why he said it but I don't think it'll be a concern," said Jeanie Buss. "I think he presented a challenge to himself, but I don't know why he made that public.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, you were right.

* throws up in mouth just a lil bit *:brushteeth:

Jim Buss told the Los Angeles Times last April that he would step down from his role in basketball operations if the Los Angeles Lakers weren't contenting within three seasons.

Jeanie Buss said on Tuesday she'll hold him to that pledge.

"Yeah, of course," Buss told The Times at the 11th annual Lakers All-Access event at Staples Center on Tuesday night. "But I don't see why -- given the resources, given our legacy, given who our head coach is, who our front office is -- [we'll have] any problem."

Jim Buss had announced his deadline to the Buss siblings.

"It was a private conversation with our family but I understand why he said it. I mean, I don't understand why he said it but I don't think it'll be a concern," said Jeanie Buss. "I think he presented a challenge to himself, but I don't know why he made that public.

That's what I've been saying. :lol:

I give them a pass on the Dwight thing blowing up in their face. Sometimes, blockbuster trades don't work out. It just hadn't really ever happened to the Lakers before.

The D'Antoni hiring was a clear mistake. However, that hiring was signed off on by Dr. Buss as it was he, who wanted the Lakers to return to "Showtime era" basketball and D'Antoni was the one whose offense came closest. Only having Kobe for 6 games last season didn't help much either.

I agree with the 3 year window and think it's fair, especially given current CBA restrictions, etc. I also think they have the right coach. In a season like this, I judge progress less by wins and losses and more by the effort I see on the court. The losses will pile up because the Lakers just don't have the horses that other teams have.

But, from what I've seen so far, they play hard every night, they are all learning and making corrections in their games (even Kobe) and while they are still losing, they are at least making most of the games close rather than just getting blown out every game. As a Lakers fan, I can be proud of them for that and appreciate it even though I know it will be an unsuccessful season (no championship).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I've been saying. :lol:

I give them a pass on the Dwight thing blowing up in their face. Sometimes, blockbuster trades don't work out. It just hadn't really ever happened to the Lakers before.

The D'Antoni hiring was a clear mistake. However, that hiring was signed off on by Dr. Buss as it was he, who wanted the Lakers to return to "Showtime era" basketball and D'Antoni was the one whose offense came closest. Only having Kobe for 6 games last season didn't help much either.

I agree with the 3 year window and think it's fair, especially given current CBA restrictions, etc. I also think they have the right coach. In a season like this, I judge progress less by wins and losses and more by the effort I see on the court. The losses will pile up because the Lakers just don't have the horses that other teams have.

But, from what I've seen so far, they play hard every night, they are all learning and making corrections in their games (even Kobe) and while they are still losing, they are at least making most of the games close rather than just getting blown out every game. As a Lakers fan, I can be proud of them for that and appreciate it even though I know it will be an unsuccessful season (no championship).

Yeah, yeah yeah...You tried to tell me. But, I choose to be all :lalala:.

You were right, I was :gaah: wrong

This is gonna be a very interesting Summer with the Knicks, Lakers and Celtics having significant capspace.

It will be interesting to see which Team has the better Salesman/Sales Pitch:suds:

* Come on Zen-Master :hope:*

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe for a second that Dr. Buss signed off on D'Antoni. He was practically on his death bed in the hospital when this was all happening. Phil has mentioned that before. This was a power move by Jimmy over his sister. It's a move that hurt the franchise almost as much as the cancelled CP3 trade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, yeah yeah...You tried to tell me. But, I choose to be all :lalala:.

You were right, I was :gaah: wrong

This is gonna be a very interesting Summer with the Knicks, Lakers and Celtics having significant capspace.

It will be interesting to see which Team has the better Salesman/Sales Pitch:suds:

* Come on Zen-Master :hope:*

You are not alone on that.:lol:

If the Lakers send Jeanie into the meeting wearing some nice lingerie, they'll get anyone they want.:nod:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe for a second that Dr. Buss signed off on D'Antoni. He was practically on his death bed in the hospital when this was all happening. Phil has mentioned that before. This was a power move by Jimmy over his sister. It's a move that hurt the franchise almost as much as the cancelled CP3 trade.

You don't have to believe it, but it's what happened. Before he passed, Dr. Buss wanted a return of Showtime style basketball.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all should read about Paul Gaston. Look at his decisions. Compare it to Jim Buss's.

The daughter will be running this team in two years.