• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press # 6 for English.

You're on full blown tilt, Skippy.

Take a standing 8 count. It's authorized for the Hoop punching bag.
Nothing, eh? Not surprised....well, maybe a little as I thought you might just add another lie to your list, Tommy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing, eh? Not surprised....well, maybe a little as I thought you might just add another lie to your list, Tommy.
Oh, and that Tommy bit. So creative.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this thread turned to shit.
OK. Lets get back on topic.

A Houston detective last week said she concluded Deshaun Watson committed crimes after investigating 10 criminal complaints alleging sexual misconduct by the Browns quarterback when Watson was playing for the Houston Texans.

The detective, Kamesha Baker, said she shared her findings with the Harris County (Texas) district attorney before a grand jury on March 17 chose not to indict Watson on criminal charges, but she was not called to testify during the grand jury proceedings

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Lets get back on topic.

A Houston detective last week said she concluded Deshaun Watson committed crimes after investigating 10 criminal complaints alleging sexual misconduct by the Browns quarterback when Watson was playing for the Houston Texans.

The detective, Kamesha Baker, said she shared her findings with the Harris County (Texas) district attorney before a grand jury on March 17 chose not to indict Watson on criminal charges, but she was not called to testify during the grand jury proceedings

Why is this new news? Of course there were detectives on the case who thought Watson committed a crime or crimes, otherwise why would they have tried to indict him?

did find it funny her name was Baker, if nothing else.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this new news? Of course there were detectives on the case who thought Watson committed a crime or crimes, otherwise why would they have tried to indict him?

did find it funny her name was Baker, if nothing else.
Did you read the part "but she was not called to testify during the grand jury proceedings"?

DA with an agenda? Maybe.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typed 'Texas law enforcement' into a search engine and the search engine had a laughing fit.

rimshot-pun.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the part "but she was not called to testify during the grand jury proceedings"?

DA with an agenda? Maybe.
I did see that part. Do they need to call all the detectives who would likely say the same thing? I mean, did she really offer anything so compelling in this article that makes you think she needed to speak in addition to or instead of anyone who did speak to the grand jury?

“Did you feel confident that you had the evidence needed to pursue those charges?” Baker was asked.

“Yes,” Baker said.

“And was there any doubt in your mind as the investigating officer that a crime had occurred?”

“No,” Baker said.

“I expressed to her that we did find the complainants credible and reliable,” Baker testified, according to the deposition transcript. “That’s why we did a warrant that stated they were credible and reliable.”

This is a nonstory.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see that part. Do they need to call all the detectives who would likely say the same thing? I mean, did she really offer anything so compelling in this article that makes you think she needed to speak in addition to or instead of anyone who did speak to the grand jury?

“Did you feel confident that you had the evidence needed to pursue those charges?” Baker was asked.

“Yes,” Baker said.

“And was there any doubt in your mind as the investigating officer that a crime had occurred?”

“No,” Baker said.

“I expressed to her that we did find the complainants credible and reliable,” Baker testified, according to the deposition transcript. “That’s why we did a warrant that stated they were credible and reliable.”

This is a nonstory.
I'd love to see what evidence the DA's office actually gave to the Grand Jury, because just off of what has been publicly leaked, it sure seems a conviction was possible.

Maybe Watsons best attorney was Kim Ogg.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see what evidence the DA's office actually gave to the Grand Jury, because just off of what has been publicly leaked, it sure seems a conviction was possible.

Maybe Watsons best attorney was Kim Ogg.
Not sure which evidence you are referencing but guessing in nearly every situation like this a conviction is possible....seems they try to make sure that conviction would be based on fact, though.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which evidence you are referencing but guessing in nearly every situation like this a conviction is possible....seems they try to make sure that conviction would be based on fact, though.
In Grand Juries, there is no defense arguments, all they see is what the DA privides.

The GJ job is not to decide guilt/innocent just as you stated is a conviction possible.

Off of what we in the public have heard, I'd think a conviction is possible, not sayubg slam dunk. I have to wonder if the (Crime Reform) DA laid out all the cards or did she hold stuff back.

I have no insight to this, just wondering out loud.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland may or may not have been doing Watson a favor by giving him a low base salary this year

But there was no reason for Cleveland to take on a higher cap number this year. Watson has a zero percent chance tp take a snap this year

Zero

To pretend otherwise is lunacy

So take the low cap hit. Then if shit gets bad with Baker you can dump him and sign soneone who may be halfway decent or even make a trade if you need to

If you take a huge cap number on Watson he loses money once suspended AND the Browns cut their own throat

No need to do it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5th last time...Pretending Watson's case is the same as the other guys Cleveland signed is moronic and agenda driven. Nothing else. Clinging to one aspect of a larger argument and pretending it proves the argument is what Mike Francesa did on NY radio for years and a big part of why he is now viewed as a clown If he wasn't facing a guaranteed suspension it would be correct. But he is and thus assuming those are relevant is wrong because his case is completely different. That is why you can't use those other cases as proof of anything.

All that matters. For those other guys that type of structure he;ups the teams cap and cash flow. For Watson, every additional $ he gets year 1 would help Cleveland as compared to giving him that same dollar in a subsequent year. Again, that last sentence is all that matters. But, we all know that. NE did the same thing with Brady. At least NE fans admitted it. I guess that's the difference here. Admitting it.

Current salary of $1M: Browns save $500K
With a base salary of $30M: Browns save $15M

It's clear as day unless you are wearing your Homer glasses

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a NFL God, Watson is on the exempt list in 2022, and suspended all of 2023.
Yeah im not sure what this strategy is from Watsons legal team

These civil suitz shouldve been settled right away. Then he would've been suspended last year and be ready to go now. But as it currently sits he could easily miss 2+ more years. No way the league let's him play with 24 active serial misconduct cases. So he's going to be on the exempt list for sure as they won't suspend him til those are adjudicated

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im not sure what this strategy is from Watsons legal team

These civil suitz shouldve been settled right away. Then he would've been suspended last year and be ready to go now. But as it currently sits he could easily miss 2+ more years. No way the league let's him play with 24 active serial misconduct cases. So he's going to be on the exempt list for sure as they won't suspend him til those are adjudicated
It’s tough because his concern last year was prison so I don’t think he was looking to admit to anything. Now, even If he settles, he probably knows there are 10 or 20 more women (men?) who may still come out and take civil action. I think his goal is to hope he doesn’t have to really settle with anyone and the Browns basically bent over and gave him everything he wanted and more and even structured his contract to help him when he gets suspended, so financially he may not care if he is suspended. I think it’s more about his reputation and he doesn’t seem like the type to admit what he did. He’ll likely fight it to the end. I mean the guy was still doing this after the matter became public. He may be the dumbest guy in the league as well as the biggest sexual predator.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s tough because his concern last year was prison so I don’t think he was looking to admit to anything. Now, even If he settles, he probably knows there are 10 or 20 more women (men?) who may still come out and take civil action. I think his goal is to hope he doesn’t have to really settle with anyone and the Browns basically bent over and gave him everything he wanted and more and even structured his contract to help him when he gets suspended, so financially he may not care if he is suspended. I think it’s more about his reputation and he doesn’t seem like the type to admit what he did. He’ll likely fight it to the end. I mean the guy was still doing this after the matter became public. He may be the dumbest guy in the league as well as the biggest sexual predator.
I guess. I just assumed at spme point hed prioritize playing again. But everything hes doing points to him not caring if he plays

He will almost certainly lose in civil court as the standards of liability there are really low. So dragging this out is odd.

Best guess right now is he ends up on the exempt list til this is settled one way or another. Then likely a year+ suspension if he's found liable. He may even get suspended if found not liable although in not certain on that

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the guy was still doing this after the matter became public
Yes he was, so don't think he's going to stop ever unless he goes to prison. You may be right about not caring about a suspension since he's going have plenty of money even if suspended unless the Browns can get it voided when new cases are filed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. I just assumed at spme point hed prioritize playing again. But everything hes doing points to him not caring if he plays

He will almost certainly lose in civil court as the standards of liability there are really low. So dragging this out is odd.

Best guess right now is he ends up on the exempt list til this is settled one way or another. Then likely a year+ suspension if he's found liable. He may even get suspended if found not liable although in not certain on that
And it will be well deserved