• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone who, when interviewed by the NFL, stated repeatedly that "It wasn't that important" (referring to the massages)...he sure schedule a shit-ton of massages...

And carrying around an NDA is not standard in any instances. NDA's are disclosed up front prior to any agreement for services. You don't get to "whip it out" at the end, and tell someone that if they don't sign, they don't get paid. That's illegal, non-binding, and likely coercion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I was thinking too. The Browns knew all this before, little pieces are just coming out slowly to the public.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I was thinking too. The Browns knew all this before, little pieces are just coming out slowly to the public.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a pressure campaign for networks NOT to air Watson's games, including boycotts against sponsors who have ads in those games.

People are restless and ready for a fight. Assuming Watson is a net benefit may be a big miscalculation.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a pressure campaign for networks NOT to air Watson's games, including boycotts against sponsors who have ads in those games.

People are restless and ready for a fight. Assuming Watson is a net benefit may be a big miscalculation.
Yeah, this isn't 20-25 years ago - times have changed.

Curious thing is, though to me, this really does point to a pattern. I mean, no - he likely did not assault every single one - and maybe even some were OK with the "happy endings"...but it shows a CLEAR pattern, and would also stand to reason where at least SOME women would have been offended and felt "abused/assaulted" when he continued with his drum solo...

The fact that this is just now coming out, though, makes me wonder if there wasn't an effort to hide this information - as it would have been damning, IMO, to Watson. Curious to if this information was originally supplied when he was acquitted. The logic leap from 66 separate massages in 17 months to at least 24 of them were "offended" in some capacity is not a big one - and one that, IMO again, would have been enough to send to a trial.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe networks shy away from Browns games, but why boycott sponsors?

They aren’t sponsors of the Browns, they sponsor the NFL which the Browns are part of. Are we going to boycott all NFL games? Will we not watch?

As for me, I'm not changing anything due to this.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this isn't 20-25 years ago - times have changed.

Curious thing is, though to me, this really does point to a pattern. I mean, no - he likely did not assault every single one - and maybe even some were OK with the "happy endings"...but it shows a CLEAR pattern, and would also stand to reason where at least SOME women would have been offended and felt "abused/assaulted" when he continued with his drum solo...

The fact that this is just now coming out, though, makes me wonder if there wasn't an effort to hide this information - as it would have been damning, IMO, to Watson. Curious to if this information was originally supplied when he was acquitted. The logic leap from 66 separate massages in 17 months to at least 24 of them were "offended" in some capacity is not a big one - and one that, IMO again, would have been enough to send to a trial.
The problem is every criminal charge would just be he said/she said about what happened at each encounter. There's no other evidence. Very hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, charge by charge. In the aggregate it seems wildly unlikely that all these are made up - especially from the women who aren't asking for anything - but criminal cases don't work that way. And of course if the women testify Watson's defense would pull out all the stops to paint them as money-grubbing liars and sluts. Not easy cases to bring.

Civil court is the right venue, where the bar isn't "beyond a reasonable doubt" but just "more likely than not."

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe networks shy away from Browns games, but why boycott sponsors?

They aren’t sponsors of the Browns, they sponsor the NFL which the Browns are part of. Are we going to boycott all NFL games? Will we not watch?

As for me, I'm not changing anything due to this.
That's how you pressure a network to not show something - you target the sponsors of that broadcast.

The idea is the sponsors then say, "We'll pay for ads, but not for Watson games" and then Watson games don't get aired because the advertising money goes away.

It's not about being mad at the sponsors, they're just the leverage.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this first came out I thought there was no way he did all that shit. But now I'm not so sure.

The most recent chick said he blew a load on her and got some on her face which made me LOL.

If that is true then holy shit.

I don't question any of the 20-whatever claims against that scumbag Watson. Except this recent one. If this really happened why did she wait so long to go public with her allegations? That's pretty graphic to not report it immediately.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting and long thread from a very pro Watson defense lawyer

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt it dude. People are focusing on the number of alleged victims too much, there have been WAY worse cases that the NFL has seen in recent years. That being said, the NFL won't just roll over bc he won't play in games and the networks suffer but I think that does reduce the suspension.

Twitter is ready for a fight, that's it man. Most of women don't say a peep if it wasn't for Buzbee, who obviously has an agenda with his connection in Houston and the Texans owner.

You think all this comes out if Watson doesn't force his way out of Houston? HELL NO, we never hear a peep about this. From this point on it's all about the civil cases which probably won't get figured out until sometimes in 2023, maybe 2024. They are just dragging this out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they have something to do with the punishment. No, not directly in the legal system. But it is more fuel being added to the fire for Czar Goodell to make a decision in his kangaroo court. Goodell isn't restricted by any statue of time.
Thought Goodell only has say in an appeal. He is not handing down a suspension (or no suspension)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans and Browns look really bad right now but remember other teams went after Watson, too. This makes a huge portion of the NFL look bad
Yes!!!

NFL was the entity that could have put a stop to this. They could have put him on the exempt list and no one would have traded for him. They didn't so if not the Browns someone would have offered a ton for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Networks and sponsors like eyeballs on games.....you think less people watch if Watson plays or maybe more?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!!!

NFL was the entity that could have put a stop to this. They could have put him on the exempt list and no one would have traded for him. They didn't so if not the Browns someone would have offered a ton for him.
I have no doubt about half the league would've tried to go after him if they had the need and the ability.

Still, you're going to have to get used to being the least popular team in the league. Possibly by a large margin.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt about half the league would've tried to go after him if they had the need and the ability.

Still, you're going to have to get used to being the least popular team in the league. Possibly by a large margin.
No doubt about that last part. will be different than being abused for poor play/management, that's for sure.

I do think once any suspension is served (maybe even just announced) it will be a non-story for most.....well, after the initial complaining about whatever the suspension is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!!!

Yeah it was reported 10 teams were interested in total. It was reported that the Bucs, Seahawks and Vikings along Panthers, Saints, Falcons, Browns and Colts all attempted to trade for him. Two anonymous teams too I believe. So 1/3 of the NFL

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it dude. People are focusing on the number of alleged victims too much, there have been WAY worse cases that the NFL has seen in recent years. That being said, the NFL won't just roll over bc he won't play in games and the networks suffer but I think that does reduce the suspension.

Twitter is ready for a fight, that's it man. Most of women don't say a peep if it wasn't for Buzbee, who obviously has an agenda with his connection in Houston and the Texans owner.

You think all this comes out if Watson doesn't force his way out of Houston? HELL NO, we never hear a peep about this. From this point on it's all about the civil cases which probably won't get figured out until sometimes in 2023, maybe 2024. They are just dragging this out.
If these charges hadn't come up the Texans could of traded him last off season, instead they had to pay him a small fortune to NOT play for a season. So saying or implying that the Texans are behind these complaints being filed against Watson seem ridiculous. I don't think people are focusing to much on the number of victims, I think they should search further. Watson contacted 100 strangers on Instagram that is known ( for "massages") and it's possible the true number is much higher. Some women while not filing a lawsuit have spoken up and verified that Watson was trying to turn the massages into a sexual encounter. The NDA he started using just shows he was aware his behavior won't look good if word got out.
Time to quit trying to find someone else to blame and just accept that this is 100% on Deshaun Watson.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I highly doubt it gets to that. The NFL is simply too big to boycott. If a sponsor wants to drop off, there will be 3 other companies lining up behind them willing to pay what the other company was paying and possibly more. It is why the NFL breezed through the whole Republican anti-social justice boycott without hardly noticing and came out even stronger on the other side.

Simply too many eyes and ad revenue on NFL games these days for sponsors to miss out on it.

It would be a different story if this was going to criminal court. Once it was determined that there wasnt enough evidence to pursue charges, there was no stopping Watson from coming back sooner rather than later. The easy answer to any question about Watson is that in this country he is presumed innocent and a court of law decided there wasnt even enough evidence to bring to court.

And there is a reason that the Browns only have 2 primetime games this upcoming season. The NFL is already thinking of this situation with the Browns and avoided them in primetime. A team like the Browns who legitimately have realistic SB chances would normally have 3 or 4 primetime games at least and normally might have even topped out at 5 like 40% of the league.

I also dont think it was a mistake that one of the games the Browns have in primetime is early (so Watson wont be there) and the 2nd one is week 8 over Halloween where the networks can gauge the Watson backlash safely during a game that will get a ton of views one way or the other. And I also dont think having it at HOME in Cleveland was an accident either. They have that game in Cinci and half the stadium would have come dressed as a massage therapist.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Civil suits have nothing to do with his punishment from the NFL, if he still had criminal charges that would be a different story. It would be that the NFL will decide and that will be the end of it. Sure he could be suspended for the entire season and then play in 2023, definitely a possibility. Goodell already said that there will be no exempt list for Watson.
They absolutely do. First off Goodell doesn't even need a criminal or a civil case to make a ruling. But, Goodell has said on other cases he will wait until all of the evidence is out before deciding on how to handle and tons of evidence is going to come out if these cases go to court. Heck, even if more and more woman come out and join the suit and it all gets settled out of court it likely will make it worse for Watson in Goodell's eyes.