• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when does the first Cleveland based masseur, file accusations?
Probably won't. He will be using his impossible to crack code name of "Weshaun Datson" in the future...or maybe he'll use "Rusty Hardon"...

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement but why would she stay that close to watch?
It's her apartment - figure one room devoted to massage, probably something like 12-15 feet across with a massage table in the middle. She backs away, he gets up on the same side of the table she's on. And it could easily be only a matter of seconds. Guy's young.

No idea how it actually happened, but there's no particularly good reason to doubt her.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watson doesn't ask to be traded, I think we all know none of this stuff comes out. The Texans won't be held accountable in this but interesting article

I call BS on that. We absolutely do not all know that

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that there is anything wrong with it, but my man is freaky deeky. In addition to all the ass play he requests. What man does this while getting a massage

"In their first session, she said he got into the happy baby yoga pose — on his back with his feet in his hands — and asked her to massage between his testicles and anus. She laughed off the request but said he grabbed her wrist and put her hand there."

1654711397560.png

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's her apartment - figure one room devoted to massage, probably something like 12-15 feet across with a massage table in the middle. She backs away, he gets up on the same side of the table she's on. And it could easily be only a matter of seconds. Guy's young.

No idea how it actually happened, but there's no particularly good reason to doubt her.
The reason to doubt her is it's probably more likely she could get further away if she wanted. Maybe in another room to call the police? I mean, when she stopped isn't it likely she is standing and he is lying down?

Job of the media has gotten so easy...... Whatever they want you to think, you best believe many will be leading that charge if it supports their narrative.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these charges hadn't come up the Texans could of traded him last off season, instead they had to pay him a small fortune to NOT play for a season. So saying or implying that the Texans are behind these complaints being filed against Watson seem ridiculous. I don't think people are focusing to much on the number of victims, I think they should search further. Watson contacted 100 strangers on Instagram that is known ( for "massages") and it's possible the true number is much higher. Some women while not filing a lawsuit have spoken up and verified that Watson was trying to turn the massages into a sexual encounter. The NDA he started using just shows he was aware his behavior won't look good if word got out.
Time to quit trying to find someone else to blame and just accept that this is 100% on Deshaun Watson.
I can agree this is all on Watson that this happened.....but does not mean each (or any) story told is factual. I also don't buy the Texans are behind the complaints.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely do. First off Goodell doesn't even need a criminal or a civil case to make a ruling. But, Goodell has said on other cases he will wait until all of the evidence is out before deciding on how to handle and tons of evidence is going to come out if these cases go to court. Heck, even if more and more woman come out and join the suit and it all gets settled out of court it likely will make it worse for Watson in Goodell's eyes.
Yes, wait until the NFL concludes their investigation. The civil suit hearings will be in 2023, so then more information could come out then. Goodell pretty much said they will make their decision in the next couple months. So do they have an impact, sure but the civil cases aren’t going to decide his fate. The point is if the Browns knew about all this then the NFL did too, the public is getting bits and pieces that the insiders already know. So is his suspension dramatically changing bc of these claims. Short answer, no

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt it gets to that. The NFL is simply too big to boycott. If a sponsor wants to drop off, there will be 3 other companies lining up behind them willing to pay what the other company was paying and possibly more. It is why the NFL breezed through the whole Republican anti-social justice boycott without hardly noticing and came out even stronger on the other side.

Simply too many eyes and ad revenue on NFL games these days for sponsors to miss out on it.

It would be a different story if this was going to criminal court. Once it was determined that there wasnt enough evidence to pursue charges, there was no stopping Watson from coming back sooner rather than later. The easy answer to any question about Watson is that in this country he is presumed innocent and a court of law decided there wasnt even enough evidence to bring to court.

And there is a reason that the Browns only have 2 primetime games this upcoming season. The NFL is already thinking of this situation with the Browns and avoided them in primetime. A team like the Browns who legitimately have realistic SB chances would normally have 3 or 4 primetime games at least and normally might have even topped out at 5 like 40% of the league.

I also dont think it was a mistake that one of the games the Browns have in primetime is early (so Watson wont be there) and the 2nd one is week 8 over Halloween where the networks can gauge the Watson backlash safely during a game that will get a ton of views one way or the other. And I also dont think having it at HOME in Cleveland was an accident either. They have that game in Cinci and half the stadium would have come dressed as a massage therapist.
I mean, the Browns have burned the league before by giving us PT games and we didn't live up to expectations plus finished 7-10 last season........there's also a 3rd game where it's among the Browns and a couple other games to be put into PT (week 15)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely do. First off Goodell doesn't even need a criminal or a civil case to make a ruling. But, Goodell has said on other cases he will wait until all of the evidence is out before deciding on how to handle and tons of evidence is going to come out if these cases go to court. Heck, even if more and more woman come out and join the suit and it all gets settled out of court it likely will make it worse for Watson in Goodell's eyes.
That, or Goodell might tell Watson settle now and we'll offer a reduced suspension (as opposed to this dragging on well into 2023 and beyond).

I do agree what comes up in a civil proceeding could impact the suspension.

FYI, Goodell isn't the one deciding if there's a suspension. It's Judge Sue Robinson.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these charges hadn't come up the Texans could of traded him last off season, instead they had to pay him a small fortune to NOT play for a season. So saying or implying that the Texans are behind these complaints being filed against Watson seem ridiculous. I don't think people are focusing to much on the number of victims, I think they should search further. Watson contacted 100 strangers on Instagram that is known ( for "massages") and it's possible the true number is much higher. Some women while not filing a lawsuit have spoken up and verified that Watson was trying to turn the massages into a sexual encounter. The NDA he started using just shows he was aware his behavior won't look good if word got out.
Time to quit trying to find someone else to blame and just accept that this is 100% on Deshaun Watson.
I never said it was all the Texans fault but it would be blind to the fact that the Texans didn’t play some part in this. Why would he need nda’s. Kind of common sense. This has nothing to do with what Watson did, of course he knew what he was doing. But he does, do you not think the Texans knew or caught on at some point? Cmon man. Yes those stories from the “victims” are tough to hear but then you also here how they went back to him 2 or 3 times to give massages. Cmon man. There is a lot of stupidity all around here. That doesn’t mean that the women deserved it but it doesn’t mean they are all innocent like you seem to believe. News for you, I would guarantee a lot more than 3 of the 66 had sex with Watson or did other things with him. In a perfect world maybe. The only thing Buzbee has is to keep putting more and more plaintiffs on the stand or to tell their story. We probably see more, problem is why wouldn’t their lawyers take their cases two years ago? It’s obvious Buzbee has a motive from day one. Again, not saying Watson is innocent…but I’ve already said everything I need to say about him. I will never root for him as a person, if he wins games great but I’ve seen too many cases where women lie to get money. It happens all the time, go ahead and believe all 24 and their full details. Shit doesn’t add up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, or Goodell might tell Watson settle now and we'll offer a reduced suspension (as opposed to this dragging on well into 2023 and beyond).

I do agree what comes up in a civil proceeding could impact the suspension.

FYI, Goodell isn't the one deciding if there's a suspension. It's Judge Sue Robinson.
I don't buy that for a second. Maybe on your routine issue. Not this one. Nothing is being done without Goodell's involvement here

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that for a second. Maybe on your routine issue. Not this one. Nothing is being done without Goodell's involvement here
I mean, this is something that was agreed upon in the new CBA so not sure why you think the league would break the agreement.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, this is something that was agreed upon in the new CBA so not sure why you think the league would break the agreement.
Sorry, I'm off buying swamp land in Florida. I'll be back to address your comment in a little while.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason to doubt her is it's probably more likely she could get further away if she wanted. Maybe in another room to call the police? I mean, when she stopped isn't it likely she is standing and he is lying down?

Job of the media has gotten so easy...... Whatever they want you to think, you best believe many will be leading that charge if it supports their narrative.
She said he got up, and she was stunned at what he was doing and didn't react right away. Her story is perfectly coherent. Doesn't necessarily make it true, but it's coherent.

Watson's hit rate on complaints is really high. It's at least 26 if you include the ones that don't currently have cases against him. That's 26 out of what, maybe 100? That's a crazy high number.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm off buying swamp land in Florida. I'll be back to address your comment in a little while.
You think the NFLPA will just say, "I realize this was a big part in getting a new deal done but sure, go ahead and let Rog rule...oh, and he can rule on the appeal, too, which is exactly the reason he does not get to make the initial ruling as not right for the same guy to handle the ruling and the appeal."

IF you believe what you believe I've got some swamp land I'd like you to look at here in Cleveland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She said he got up, and she was stunned at what he was doing and didn't react right away. Her story is perfectly coherent. Doesn't necessarily make it true, but it's coherent.

Watson's hit rate on complaints is really high. It's at least 26 if you include the ones that don't currently have cases against him. That's 26 out of what, maybe 100? That's a crazy high number.
Her story is suspect at best though likely just a lie. Out of 100 not one person called the police?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that for a second.<-- Maybe on your routine issue. Not this one. Nothing is being done without Goodell's involvement here

Me either.

Roger Goodell no longer has final say on whether Deshaun Watson violated NFL's personal conduct policy

Watson's future will rest in the hands of an arbitrator. After that, if it's found a violation of the personal conduct policy has occurred, his punishment will ultimately rest in the hands of the NFL and Goodell.

If the independent arbitrator determines a personal conduct violation has occurred, the arbitrator can ultimately determine the punishment for the infraction. If the NFL disagrees with the punishment, the league can appeal it to Goodell, who ultimately has a significant measure of power over the process once it's agreed a violation took place.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either.

Roger Goodell no longer has final say on whether Deshaun Watson violated NFL's personal conduct policy

Watson's future will rest in the hands of an arbitrator. After that, if it's found a violation of the personal conduct policy has occurred, his punishment will ultimately rest in the hands of the NFL and Goodell.

If the independent arbitrator determines a personal conduct violation has occurred, the arbitrator can ultimately determine the punishment for the infraction. If the NFL disagrees with the punishment, the league can appeal it to Goodell, who ultimately has a significant measure of power over the process once it's agreed a violation took place.
Cannot recall which one but an insider said Goodell has no say if no punishment is handed down. THAT decision cannot be appealed.
Though that seems unlikely at this point.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot recall which one but an insider said Goodell has no say if no punishment is handed down. THAT decision cannot be appealed.
Though that seems unlikely at this point.

Not even sure what's going on with the little details and truthfully don't care.

I just want the suspension announced sooner than later.

It makes no different who has the final say in things to me.

Just don't drag it out all summer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the NFLPA will just say, "I realize this was a big part in getting a new deal done but sure, go ahead and let Rog rule...oh, and he can rule on the appeal, too, which is exactly the reason he does not get to make the initial ruling as not right for the same guy to handle the ruling and the appeal."

IF you believe what you believe I've got some swamp land I'd like you to look at here in Cleveland.
Correct me if I'm wrong. What I remembered from when this changed was that It doesn't go to the arbitrator until/when the league wants it to. There obviously will be a suspension whomever is hearing the matter. I'm mean that's one thing I assume everyone who is breathing can agree to, right? If the NFL doesn't agree with the suspension length from the arbitrator then Goodell makes the final call on the suspension. Perhaps I have the last part wrong, but that's what I remembered and why the whole thing was considered a sham in the first place.