• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nnamdi a Niner

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe the Eagles paid that much for one of the best island CBs in the NFL and then made him play zone. I can't wait for the 49ers to put Asomugha out on an island and hope he returns to the form where QBs only throw at him 27 times per year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's fact! He has no place on this team to play the type of scheme we want our corners to play.

Hold up then he says, he has a place as one of our top four corners, but wait what happened to you believing that: "The opposition completed just 49.3 percent of the passes thrown his way for a passer rating of just 76.9"?? That sounds like Revis like numbers, not a top 3 corner, he should be a starter for any team. With that kind of numbers wtf is he doing as our 4th player on our depth chart. Vic Fangio should be fired! 49% completion rate but yet we plan on putting him on the bench. Fire our coaches immediately!

Seriously, Bingo, you are so far off the rails on this topic that it's barely worth trying to rein you in.

First, I do believe those numbers, because in my experience, PFF is a reliable source for numbers of that type. It's possible those numbers are wrong, but I've been given no reason to believe they are. Do you doubt the numbers themselves?

Second, I have not personally cited those numbers in this discussion, nor do I necessarily think they have tremendous significance when considering who should be starting. As I said above, I agree with many of your points as to why those numbers might be somewhat misleading as compared to the starting pair. You are apparently taking my objection to your over-the-top statements about how awful Culliver is as me arguing for him as a starter. That is not my stance on the issue.

I am trying to have an objective conversation about a player on our team. You don't seem capable of that in this case. As said, I think Culliver has some talent and is certainly worth keeping on the team. If you disagree, that's cool. I'd just ask that in the future you make some attempt to accurately represent my position.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's a myth!!

Allow me to clarify my stance. Of course corners need to be able to help stop the run, it was never my intention to say that they don't. My stance was, and still is, that it is down on their list of priorities on ANY particular play.

My reasons: Corners are drafted and paid because they can cover, this is their MAIN job (if you disagree with this Bingo you can stop reading now, because we have a philosophical difference). Some of the best corners in the league were not very good in run support.

I would be curious to know what percentage of practice time the coaches spend on run support for corners vs. how much time is spent on playing the pass.

Here is a short list of things that would typically go through a corners head before and during a typical play: alignment of the WR (inside or outside the numbers, on the ball or off the ball), eyes (where am I supposed to look WR or QB), hand placement (am I pressing, what side am I attacking), footwork (backpedal or press).

Once the play starts and the corner is being blocked or sees the RB with the ball, I'd expect them to then worry about the run and go help out in support.

Honestly Bingo it is difficult to have a conversation with you because you use such extreme language and tend to throw a fit like a child when you can't convince someone of your point of view, but I guess that most everyone else is wrong on the subject.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh yeah, Michael Crabtree's illegal procedure penalty onthe phucking first play of the game is the reason why we lost the game. Forget what happened for the remaining 59 minutes of that game. :clap: smfh.

I'm talking about the difference between simply making a bad play / having a bad game and doing something inexcuseabley stupid. I'm more upset about the latter.

That's how relevant that play was on that game. People can't even remember or place fault at whom to blame for that negated play. Yet, that contributed significantly to the outcome of the game. That's Sick for you.

It did.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:agree: with you and Sick. That Crabtree play was more to blame than the way Culliver's play for that game. Stop being an idiot and follow the reason why I made that post!

My post wasn't even directed at you Bingo.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BINGO: "Culliver is the most overrated backup in the history of the NFL! The coaches have to be stupid to ever rely on him! Culliver should compete for FS even though I just said he should never be relied on! I never said Culliver should be cut although I did just say that you're stupid to ever rely on him, which makes sense. Culliver is the main reason we do not have 6 Super Bowl wins! Anybody who opposes me is only basing this on meaningless statistics! Statistics are stupid and are never even a glimmer of what's reflected on the field! Evaluating film and considering statistics is a completely idiotic way to evaluate players. I like to cite articles that evaluate Culliver's playoff struggles through statistics. We brought in Nnamdi on a non-guaranteed 1.35M base salary - a clear indication that we have been on a desperate scavenger hunt for a cornerback to replace Culliver and thus the coaches clearly agree with my points on Culliver. Nickel cornerbacks have it much easier because they don't have to play the run as opposed to starting CBs who are constantly distracted by the running game! Stopping the run is not a secondary focus for starting cornerbacks. I can recite my high school team's sweep play-call and thus I am correct that only starting cornerbacks are intently focussed on stoping the run and those who oppose me never played football! Those who oppose me think Culliver is one of the best cornerbacks in the league and as good as Revis! I make over-the-top statements about Culliver and defend those statements by declaring everyone else is outrageous for having the opinion that Culliver should be brought back to compete at DB. I will continue to haunt this forum with my opinion on Culliver but I will complain when others continue to discuss a point that disagrees with mine."

Take from this what you want...for me, this is why I've had a good chuckle watching BINGO struggle with his grasp on reality and logic.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seriously, Bingo, you are so far off the rails on this topic that it's barely worth trying to rein you in.

First, I do believe those numbers, because in my experience, PFF is a reliable source for numbers of that type. It's possible those numbers are wrong, but I've been given no reason to believe they are. Do you doubt the numbers themselves?

Second, I have not personally cited those numbers in this discussion, nor do I necessarily think they have tremendous significance when considering who should be starting. As I said above, I agree with many of your points as to why those numbers might be somewhat misleading as compared to the starting pair. You are apparently taking my objection to your over-the-top statements about how awful Culliver is as me arguing for him as a starter. That is not my stance on the issue.

I am trying to have an objective conversation about a player on our team. You don't seem capable of that in this case. As said, I think Culliver has some talent and is certainly worth keeping on the team. If you disagree, that's cool. I'd just ask that in the future you make some attempt to accurately represent my position.

don't count on it

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO: "Culliver is the most overrated backup in the history of the NFL! The coaches have to be stupid to ever rely on him! Culliver should compete for FS even though I just said he should never be relied on! I never said Culliver should be cut although I did just say that you're stupid to ever rely on him, which makes sense. Culliver is the main reason we do not have 6 Super Bowl wins! Anybody who opposes me is only basing this on meaningless statistics! Statistics are stupid and are never even a glimmer of what's reflected on the field! Evaluating film and considering statistics is a completely idiotic way to evaluate players. I like to cite articles that evaluate Culliver's playoff struggles through statistics. We brought in Nnamdi on a non-guaranteed 1.35M base salary - a clear indication that we have been on a desperate scavenger hunt for a cornerback to replace Culliver and thus the coaches clearly agree with my points on Culliver. Nickel cornerbacks have it much easier because they don't have to play the run as opposed to starting CBs who are constantly distracted by the running game! Stopping the run is not a secondary focus for starting cornerbacks. I can recite my high school team's sweep play-call and thus I am correct that only starting cornerbacks are intently focussed on stoping the run and those who oppose me never played football! Those who oppose me think Culliver is one of the best cornerbacks in the league and as good as Revis! I make over-the-top statements about Culliver and defend those statements by declaring everyone else is outrageous for having the opinion that Culliver should be brought back to compete at DB. I will continue to haunt this forum with my opinion on Culliver but I will complain when others continue to discuss a point that disagrees with mine."

Take from this what you want...for me, this is why I've had a good chuckle watching BINGO struggle with his grasp on reality and logic.

Aaaaaaaand... boom goes the dynamite.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He can continue "haunting" the forum. I'll just continue using the ignore button if need be :)

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jersey # for Nnamdi

Looks as though, we do not have any great numbers left on our team what number will Nnamdi and CW wear when he comes in?

I think its time for Anthony Dixon to give up #24 he doesnt even deserve it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

:lame:

But since your back, remember this:
Numbers don't lie:
The opposition completed just 49.3 percent of the passes thrown his way for a passer rating of just 76.9.
:laugh3:

The interesting thing about Cully is that when he comes in as the nickel CB he doesn't play the slot, but instead usually lines up on the left against the opposing team's flanker, which can more often than not be their best receiver. Pretty impressive stats if you ask me... 1 game in the super bowl

I wonder how Welker was so quiet in this game why Lloyd was so spectacular? But then again it couldn't have been that #29, cuz he only messed up in the SB:
Brandon Lloyd: Big Game in Loss
Numbers don't lie so you think he is better than any of the corners on our roster. I told you already...:agree: with you!! He's the bessttt.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really all that relevant to what is being discussed but just for clarification. According to NFL.com "(15:00) (Shotgun) 7-C.Kaepernick pass deep left to 85-V.Davis to SF 40 for 20 yards (31-B.Pollard). PENALTY on SF-85-V.Davis, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at SF 20 - No Play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not really all that relevant to what is being discussed but just for clarification. According to NFL.com "(15:00) (Shotgun) 7-C.Kaepernick pass deep left to 85-V.Davis to SF 40 for 20 yards (31-B.Pollard). PENALTY on SF-85-V.Davis, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at SF 20 - No Play.

Wow. I could have sworn it was Crabby. I even heard 'em talking about Crabby doing that on the radio the next day.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:lame:

But since your back, remember this:
:laugh3:

I wonder how Welker was so quiet in this game why Lloyd was so spectacular? But then again it couldn't have been that #29, cuz he only messed up in the SB:
Brandon Lloyd: Big Game in Loss
Numbers don't lie so you think he is better than any of the corners on our roster. I told you already...:agree: with you!! He's the bessttt.

nobody could've supported my post any better! thanks for more lunacy and misrepresentation! the numbers don't lie in supporting my belief that Cully has shown promise and has had his moments - I'm not giving up on him as you are (or wait, are you? i can't even tell anymore. haha). You can continue to say that I think he's the best, nobody is buying your garbage...in fact it's hilarious how delusional, discombobulated, and pathetic your argument has become.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow. I could have sworn it was Crabby. I even heard 'em talking about Crabby doing that on the radio the next day.

i don't remember the play all too well so i could be wrong, but i think the penalty was called because Crabby was on the line of scrimmage, thus Vernon gets it for being on the line on the same side...it has to do with being an eligible receiver. This explains it better:
How the cover-up penalty works | CSN Baltimore

Once again though, I'm not sure if this was the case with that play...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There isnt 2 CB's on this roster better then Nnamdi

According to Rathman, Chris Culliver is.

He and Crimson thinks that Cully is not here to start. But yet to compete with our # 3 corner. They really believe that our front office didn't try their absolutely best to try to upgrade that one particular position during this offseason. They went on to say:

I don't think any of us can make any judgments about what Nnamdi's role will be. We are returning our top-3 CBs, and our pass D was markedly better than Philly's last year. Culliver had more INTs, FFs, and PDs than Asomugha last year in limited snaps. Asomugha was one of the worst players in the league in terms of opponent rating when targeting him. It's not like we're paying him obvious starter money. Hell, he may not even make the team.

They really believe this buffoonery in regard to Nnamdi being here just to be in a back up role. But then again, the numbers don't lie!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to Rathman, Chris Culliver is.

He and Crimson thinks that Cully is not here to start. But yet to compete with our # 3 corner. They really believe that our front office didn't try their absolutely best to try to upgrade that one particular position during this offseason. They went on to say:

I don't think any of us can make any judgments about what Nnamdi's role will be. We are returning our top-3 CBs, and our pass D was markedly better than Philly's last year. Culliver had more INTs, FFs, and PDs than Asomugha last year in limited snaps. Asomugha was one of the worst players in the league in terms of opponent rating when targeting him. It's not like we're paying him obvious starter money. Hell, he may not even make the team.

They really believe this buffoonery in regard to Nnamdi being here just to be in a back up role. But then again, the numbers don't lie!

You're an idiot.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Out of curiosity, Bingo, if we thought Nnamdi was such a sure thing to start on what was, by all accounts, a very good D last year, why didn't we lock him up for multiple years? Why did we let him go to the Saints and wait...and wait...and wait...before signing a deal with NO guaranteed money?

You're apparently willing to guarantee right now that he will start for this team?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Buffoonery?

You're going off with the zeal of a Japanese Cartoon today man.
strongbad30x06.jpg