• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nnamdi a Niner

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does it not seem like any mention of the pass defense results in Bingo hijacking the thread with his anti-Culliver bit? Everyone knows, man. You've said it countless times. You think he sucks. Give it a rest.

You don't need to read or respond to my post about him. For the record, there are going to be more post of me about him throughout the 2013-2014 season, so simply avoid my post or vacate this board entirely. There are better forum you can go to participate in:

San Francisco 49ers Community Forum - ESPN

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we should judge Culliver by his overall body of work, not just the SB?
yeah, no question he had a bad superbowl, but even the best players in the NFL have 'off' games. if you continually hang your hat on one game, while he's been playing two SEASONS, what does that say about your evaluation?

next, you then project what he'll do from here on, if he's on the upside or already max'ed out? don't think he has a BIG upside anymore, but IMO still up. even if he's max'ed out, i'd still keep him this season. he has more good plays than bad plays.

Is that a question, a comment, or suggestion?

Have you been following all the posts in this thread?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'd be happy with him being 4th on the depth charts next season.

That's exactly where he is going to be. But I'd rather give him a shot to compete for the FS position.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nnamdi will either start or be the 3rd CB. We missed a guy like him against big bodied WR's, like Boldin, R. White, J.Jones, Fitz. He is going to be perfect for those big matchup

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Culliver doesn't have to wear the goat designation. That would be dumb IMO. It's not like he did something incredibly stupid; he just had a bad game. If the Niners lost to the Falcons, as they almost did, Tarrell Brown should have been the goat in that case. He made some inexcuseable plays (like breaking off coverage on Julio on the TD pass and playing like 14 yards off of Tony Gonzales on 3rd down).

I'm far more pissed at the ref's than Chris Culiver. In fact, I'm more pissed off at Michael friggn' Crabtree. Why? AN ILLEGAL PROCEDURE PENALTY ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME???!!! That erased a 20 yard gain & gave Baltimore all the momentum they needed to start the game off.

And Kaep not throwing the ball away (burning a timeout) was inexcuseable as well.

Oh yeah, Michael Crabtree's illegal procedure penalty onthe phucking first play of the game is the reason why we lost the game. Forget what happened for the remaining 59 minutes of that game. :clap: smfh.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought that penalty was on Vernon Davis??

That's how relevant that play was on that game. People can't even remember or place fault at whom to blame for that negated play. Yet, that contributed significantly to the outcome of the game. That's Sick for you.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly, they are easily persuaded by ridiculous/baseless/subjective stats that it clouds everything they see from the actual game. These types of fans are the worse, it drives me nuts how much emphasis they put on some unkown person's numbers on a player.

Gotta disagree. The worst types of fans are those who blow things completely out of perspective and are incapable of having a rational discussion about a particular player or topic.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta disagree. The worst types of fans are those who blow things completely out of perspective and are incapable of having a rational discussion about a particular player or topic.

But yet, he's a solid quality type starter for you because he outplays Brown and Rogers throughout the season. His below 50% completion rate is far better than the aforementioned starters and that is why you feel he is capable of starting on most defenses in the NFL. Brilliant!!

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently someone has never had the experience of playing organize football at any point of their life.

How hilarious would it have been if during a high school football game per se, the offense calls an "I right 28 sweep" on a 3 and long situation...and the tailback breaks it for a long fifty yard TD untouched; and the corner goes back to the sideline and tries to justify to his head coach that the running breaking it to the outside (the eight hole) was not his responsibility because the receiver ran him off all the way to the endzone. Hence, it was a man-to-man coverage.

My friend, I don't know where you got that information from but that is the furthest from the truth. It's a myth that DBs are not responsible for the run at any point of any game at any level.

I called playing the run an afterthought, I never said they totally ignored it. Playing the run for a corner is down on their list of priorities, not totally off their list.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh yeah, Michael Crabtree's illegal procedure penalty onthe phucking first play of the game is the reason why we lost the game. Forget what happened for the remaining 59 minutes of that game. :clap: smfh.

No, it didn't cost us the game. It did set us back on a potentially promising opening drive and set up the Ravens with a short field on their first possession, and set the tone for a disastrous first half.

Saying that any one play or one player cost us the game is stupid. In that game, Crabtree had the penalty to start the game. Whitner repeatedly blew coverages and had a crucial facemask penalty. Brooks lost outside contain on Flacco repeatedly. McBath (I think) missed a tackle on the return TD. Kaepernick threw a terrible INT, and failed to get the snap off on time on what could/should have been the winning TD run. LMJ had a terrible, terrible fumble that almost certainly cost us points. Akers missed a FG and was only saved by a roughing penalty. And none of that addresses the playcalling or officiating.

It was dumb to blame Williams for the loss last year, but at least that made some sense. Saying Culliver was the main reason we lost this one is silly.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's how relevant that play was on that game. People can't even remember or place fault at whom to blame for that negated play. Yet, that contributed significantly to the outcome of the game. That's Sick for you.

That's because of the nature of the penalty, not the significance of the play. The announcers weren't even sure who was to blame, or at least they didn't say it explicitly. Why is it that all of your arguments in this thread are completely ridiculous?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But yet, he's a solid quality type starter for you because he outplays Brown and Rogers throughout the season. His below 50% completion rate is far better than the aforementioned starters and that is why you feel he is capable of starting on most defenses in the NFL. Brilliant!!

Bingo, get your head out of your ass. I realize it's wedged in there pretty tightly.

You: Culliver is a terrible CB and has no place in this league at that position.

Me: Culliver is a developing player who has a place as one of the top four CBs on our team.

I'm clearly the one with the ridiculous position in this conversation.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, it didn't cost us the game. It did set us back on a potentially promising opening drive and set up the Ravens with a short field on their first possession, and set the tone for a disastrous first half.

Saying that any one play or one player cost us the game is stupid. In that game, Crabtree had the penalty to start the game. Whitner repeatedly blew coverages and had a crucial facemask penalty. Brooks lost outside contain on Flacco repeatedly. McBath (I think) missed a tackle on the return TD. Kaepernick threw a terrible INT, and failed to get the snap off on time on what could/should have been the winning TD run. LMJ had a terrible, terrible fumble that almost certainly cost us points. Akers missed a FG and was only saved by a roughing penalty. And none of that addresses the playcalling or officiating.

It was dumb to blame Williams for the loss last year, but at least that made some sense. Saying Culliver was the main reason we lost this one is silly.

:agree: with you and Sick. That Crabtree play was more to blame than the way Culliver's play for that game. Stop being an idiot and follow the reason why I made that post!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo, get your head out of your ass. I realize it's wedged in there pretty tightly.

You: Culliver is a terrible CB and has no place in this league at that position.

Me: Culliver is a developing player who has a place as one of the top four CBs on our team.

I'm clearly the one with the ridiculous position in this conversation.

That's fact! He has no place on this team to play the type of scheme we want our corners to play.

Hold up then he says, he has a place as one of our top four corners, but wait what happened to you believing that: "The opposition completed just 49.3 percent of the passes thrown his way for a passer rating of just 76.9"?? That sounds like Revis like numbers, not a top 3 corner, he should be a starter for any team. With that kind of numbers wtf is he doing as our 4th player on our depth chart. Vic Fangio should be fired! 49% completion rate but yet we plan on putting him on the bench. Fire our coaches immediately!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I called playing the run an afterthought, I never said they totally ignored it. Playing the run for a corner is down on their list of priorities, not totally off their list.

Playing the run for ANY corner is an afterthought--especially in man to man, it's not their job.

And that's a myth!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully was very bad in the Super Bowl, not a honest depiction on his season performance, when he has been burn, it looked bad....

But Cully was very awful, it started with his "comments" prior to the game. He got lost in the spotlight and was overwhelmed by the big stage. He barely man'd up and played. He was beaten a lot. That BIG touchdown to Jones(i think) where he stop chasing the wr and watched him run to the endzone was insulting to a niner defensive player, totally gave up.

I hope he gains a better form as a CB or FS whichever and gets it done. But IMHO he was a consistent hole in the super bowl.

Not to mention outside of his INT, he had a so-so NFC gm.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the things Asomugha is saying so far.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut down corners are a thing of the past...they call the contact too tight these days. Deion wouldn't get away with most of his tactics these days

Wouldn't matter because although Deion jammed receivers at the point, he can run with just about any wideout during his prime anyways so the rules of today wouldn't severely hamper his ability to play the position.

About the Asomoghua signing, welcome back home Nnamdi. The last 2 years were tough for him, and I really believe he has a chip on his shoulder. The league will view this signing as a minor one, but this has the potential to be one of the best pickups for the Niners this offseason. They needed a physical, tall, corner who can be physical with wideouts at the line of scrimmage, and they're getting just that. Sure, the last 2 years were shoddy, but with a 1 year contract and without getting guaranteed money, this is basically Nnamdi playing for his life and making up for what was a horrible situation in Philadelphia where you had a defensive coordinator who lacked the credentials to carry that title and a team where the players knew their coach was out halfway throughout the season.

Oh, and Go Bears!!!:clap:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't matter because although Deion jammed receivers at the point, he can run with just about any wideout during his prime anyways so the rules of today wouldn't severely hamper his ability to play the position.

About the Asomoghua signing, welcome back home Nnamdi. The last 2 years were tough for him, and I really believe he has a chip on his shoulder. The league will view this signing as a minor one, but this has the potential to be one of the best pickups for the Niners this offseason. They needed a physical, tall, corner who can be physical with wideouts at the line of scrimmage, and they're getting just that. Sure, the last 2 years were shoddy, but with a 1 year contract and without getting guaranteed money, this is basically Nnamdi playing for his life and making up for what was a horrible situation in Philadelphia where you had a defensive coordinator who lacked the credentials to carry that title and a team where the players knew their coach was out halfway throughout the season.

Oh, and Go Bears!!!:clap:

:10: