• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nnamdi a Niner

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations San Francisco Forty Niners because....

Screen_Shot_2013_04_08_at_2_16_14_AM.png

YOU GOT NNAMDI'D!

(can't believe no one did this yet)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From Maiocco's latest chat. Seemed relevant to this discussion:

I think Asomugha's chances of making the roster are around 50 percent. I have a difficult time believing he automatically is going to beat out Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown and Chris Culliver. And any cornerback who is not a starter is going to have to contribute on special teams. So until I see him on the field this offseason, I'm not sold.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think Asomugha's chances of making the roster are around 50 percent. I have a difficult time believing he automatically is going to beat out Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown and Chris Culliver. And any cornerback who is not a starter is going to have to contribute on special teams. So until I see him on the field this offseason, I'm not sold.

He could be with us for 1 year and go? Possibly, we need to bring in a couple of draft picks if popssible!! Go 49ers!!:suds:

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Wow, I'm not sure I would put the chances that low, but the Special Teams thing definitely throws a wrench in the whole thing. Aso is definitely not known for his tackling abilities so I can't really see him as a stud ST player. This will be very interesting

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For that idiot poster, and one of the senior members...Crimson:

Nnamdi Asomugha - DB - 49ers

Nnamdi Asomugha has won the No. 3 corner job in San Francisco.

After a slow start to camp that saw Asomugha get called out by defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, he's come on strong. Chris Culliver went down with a torn ACL and Asomugha has subsequently beaten out Tramaine Brock. It's a major role for the Niners as Culliver played on 64 percent of their defensive snaps in 2012. Asomugha was routinely roasted in Philly last year, grading out 101st of 113 qualifiers in ProFootballFocus' grades.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Aug 29 - 11:00 AM

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's good news as I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of Brock being the #3 guy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be starting over Rogers. He has been our best CB this preseason.