• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners Now Prepare to be the Hunted

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scout.com: Niners now prepared to be the hunted

I get that the "sneaking up on people/bullseye" idea has *some* merit, but besides douchebags like Schwartz who lets their own ego underestimate their opponent (i.e. Schwartz said we deferred on the kickoff because our offense was scared of their stadium's noise), I think the whole idea is overrated. Most players are playing for pride and for a new contract. Most players prepare and train to give it their all. I don't believe we are going to suffer the same extent as people say regarding being the top dog needed to be brought down. There's some motivation there, no doubt, but there's plenty of places where players and coaches are already giving their all.

What say you? Are we up to the challenge? Is it a bit overrated? Will the pressure get to us? What does it say about teams who overlooked us last year? Aren't the unprepared worse teams because they let themselves overlook us? Will we overlook others?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll only be hunted by the NFC West. They are the ones that most people say have an outside chance at the playoffs, so beating the 49ers is a statement for them.

I don't know if there is a coach in the league dumb enough to overlook the 49ers after how they played the Saints and Giants in the playoffs last year. The only exception is probably Schwartz, who like you said will let his ego get in the way and will probably go into the game with the Denny Green speech about how the 49ers aren't even good and they let them off the hook.

As to if the 49ers are up to the challenge, well I think the only thing that would hurt them is if they eased up and didn't train or practice as hard as they did to get here. Since that isn't happening, and it seems that they are working even harder knowing that they were so close. Plus, there is no complacency from the coaching staff or players, and the team leaders are all trying to get better. Even Smith worked on his passing mechanics. I think their going to be even better on both sides of the ball, which doesn't mean they'll win every game but everyone who is penciling them in for an 0-3 start is going to be sorely disappointed.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The whole "under the radar" "hunter now hunted" is completely overblown and overrated. It's just something the media uses to build up some drama and interest.

Players and coaches know that any team can beat you on any given Sunday and I can't imagine them preparing any less or playing any less intense whether they are playing the best team in the league or the worst.

I mean it's not like being the hunted have stopped the Patriots, Colts (Manning era), or Steelers from fielding successful teams for the past few years.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll certainly be noticed on everyone's schedule. They have one of the most talented groups of players in the league and a coach who is sure to excel for another 5 years or so.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers will do well this season

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You become the hunted only if you concede the roll of being the hunter, and I see that happening exactly - not once.