• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Young signs with the Lakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post!

I am as certain as certain as could be that if Howard would have stayed with the Lakers that the conversation here would have quickly turned to how much better he would have been this season.

The man had a throw away season that can be attributed to several reasons.
You guys had probably 10-15 opening nights of hope last year every time someone came back off of an injury.

To even hint or suggest that the Lakers are better of without him shows a complete lack of knowledge of the game.
:lame:

really? as long as he stays a kid mentally you're WAY off on your assessment. the Lakers ARE better off. sorry YOU won't see it...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

really? as long as he stays a kid mentally you're WAY off on your assessment. the Lakers ARE better off. sorry YOU won't see it...

You welcomed him with open arms while he was in the midst of acting like a first class douche last off season.
Remember your orgasmic preseason power rankings that you posted based on the Howard signing?

Lakers are better off having Kaman on the floor vs Howard:wtf2:

How about a list of reasons whys they are better off, and saying they have more cap space is lame.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loser Turnip showing up with the population of poser Hollywood all in his stupid avi.

But at least dumb-ass you can't create alts :)

Turnip is here because the dumb-ass is mad that Young didn't want to play with a bunch of floppers and cry :baby:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no doctor, but I always felt that Howard rushed his return.

I think that's combined with all of the Lakers early season drama/injuries set the wheel of disaster in motion.

He definitely came back early and played through the rehab process. That was evident in his inconsistent play. He was getting back to being healthy and dominant towards the end of the season. He thinks he wasn't given enough credit or support for doing that.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To even hint or suggest that the Lakers are better of without him shows a complete lack of knowledge of the game.

I don't think the Lakers are better off without him. He's a top 5 player when healthy. I think he gets back there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lakers are better off without him. He's a top 5 player when healthy. I think he gets back there.

I don't know where I would rank him because I still maintain that until he can play smarter ( stay out if foul trouble) and shoot FT's better, he can't be trusted with the game on the line, and therefore can't be the leader.

However for any Laker fan to blindly say they are better off without him is foolish.
I'll be patiently waiting for his list of reasons.
Since it came out of CLs mouth, it should be filed in the worthless pile of shit opinion folder anyway.

Howard is a unique NBA talent these days. Why Kobe ran his mouth and why the FO decided to stick with D'Antoni are questions that really need to be addressed if they really felt the had a chance of resigning him when it was evident that those 2 things were the biggest obstacles in his decision making.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely came back early and played through the rehab process. That was evident in his inconsistent play. He was getting back to being healthy and dominant towards the end of the season. He thinks he wasn't given enough credit or support for doing that.

I agree, and its much harder to heel any injuries, let alone what he had without complete rest.

Be careful for agreeing with me and talking common sense. You will soon be accused by some douche of having rocks in your head.

I find it funny that the insult slingers can never support their posts with any type of substance or facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where I would rank him because I still maintain that until he can play smarter ( stay out if foul trouble) and shoot FT's better, he can't be trusted with the game on the line, and therefore can't be the leader.

However for any Laker fan to blindly say they are better off without him is foolish.
I'll be patiently waiting for his list of reasons.
Since it came out of CLs mouth, it should be filed in the worthless pile of shit opinion folder anyway.

Howard is a unique NBA talent these days. Why Kobe ran his mouth and why the FO decided to stick with D'Antoni are questions that really need to be addressed if they really felt the had a chance of resigning him when it was evident that those 2 things were the biggest obstacles in his decision making.

Couple of points here!!

First off, Laker fans are talking about being better off in the long run without him, not this year!! Dwight is not the leader he thinks he is and he is too limited offensively to be the game changer that he thinks he is. I agree that if he can figure out the mental part and improve his free throw shooting then he could be. But he's been in the league for 9 years and still hasn't figured it out, so why would anyone expect that to change?

Second, you can drop the blaming Kobe part!! Dwight has said multiple times, including in an interview that has been playing on SportsCenter that "playing with Kobe played no part in his decision to go to Houston"!!

The only real obstacle to him not being a Laker was and is D'Antoni!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and its much harder to heel any injuries, let alone what he had without complete rest.

Be careful for agreeing with me and talking common sense. You will soon be accused by some douche of having rocks in your head.

I find it funny that the insult slingers can never support their posts with any type of substance or facts.

Wait!! During the season, you and bks were calling these injuries "excuses"!!

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of points here!!

First off, Laker fans are talking about being better off in the long run without him, not this year!! Dwight is not the leader he thinks he is and he is too limited offensively to be the game changer that he thinks he is. I agree that if he can figure out the mental part and improve his free throw shooting then he could be. But he's been in the league for 9 years and still hasn't figured it out, so why would anyone expect that to change?

Second, you can drop the blaming Kobe part!! Dwight has said multiple times, including in an interview that has been playing on SportsCenter that "playing with Kobe played no part in his decision to go to Houston"!!

I find that hard to believe. Kobe was not the major reason Dwight left but it is a significant reason. He does have the heart and desire to win championships but like Phil Jackson said, he turns off other elite players from playing with him because he does not want to relinquish control. Even when he retires, I will not be surprised if he would want to immediately start coaching the Lakers. It will be interesting after his contract is up.

Dwight will not say that in an interview because he is trying not to ruin his already ruined image. Is being told that you have yet to learn how to win a championship any incentive to join the team? If any it is a criticism, even if it is constructive, it is still a criticism of your career at this point and no one wants to hear that. McHale or Olajuwon, big men who can improve Howard's game sounds to be more enticing than any of Kobe or Gasol's mentoring.

I think a lot of the Laker fans are somewhat in denial about Kobe and his uncanny ability to alter the chemistry of the Lakers. He is a good basketball player, but not exactly a leader like Duncan. I may be biased but if Wade sacrificed his role for the sake of acquiring Lebron, Kobe can too and he should. He is older AND he is injured.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of points here!!

First off, Laker fans are talking about being better off in the long run without him, not this year!!

No reason to assume that. Other than James, there is/was no better FA then Howard out there.

Dwight is not the leader he thinks he is and he is too limited offensively to be the game changer that he thinks he is. I agree that if he can figure out the mental part and improve his free throw shooting then he could be. But he's been in the league for 9 years and still hasn't figured it out, so why would anyone expect that to change?

Name 1 thing that Howard would gain by saying that he didn't want to play with Kobe.

He had a choice to play with Kobe ot Harden. He chose Harden.

Right, like the Lakers have never fired a coach before.:lol: By game 6 next year, they could have had a new one in place.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait!! During the season, you and bks were calling these injuries "excuses"!!

I can't speak for BK, but when I said excuses, it was because they were only made after he had bad games vs good ones.

I don't think anybody would deny that it is difficult to come off of back surgery, let alone rush the recovery process.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe Bryant is the reason that Howard left that just shows how weak minded Howard really is. Howard isnt even the first option in Houston. When your offensive game is only a dunk you cant be the 1st option on offense. Howard doesnt have the drive to be a champion and in Houston that wont change. He wants to have fun and sleep around so he can have more then 6 kids with 5 different women then he has now. He has alot of maturing to do and wants everyone to treat him the way he wants to be treated and thats not the real world buddy. man up Howard for once in your life.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't it already been said Turnip that we wanted Dwight to mature into his own with us. I don't know if he does that in Houston, there is nobody on the floor who knows how to win big games there. He's made 0 progress on post moves, he's already worked with Hakeem, he refused to work with Kareem. There just isn't much to make me believe Dwight will ever be anyone who really matters in the league. Dwight doesn't think he needs to improve, which is his biggest problem to me. Kobe is constantly at work trying to get better.

Bynum wouldn't be caught dead getting hurt bowling while he was contracted by the Lakers. You guys thought he was bad in Los Angeles, his attitude was putrid in Philly.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes you make for good conversation but most of the time you are just a troll. people give you facts and you ignore them and start calling people foolish because they dont agree with your closed-minded opinion.

you think championships are won on talent alone? if that were the case, boston,LA, chicago, SA, and Miami wouldnt be the only teams winning them continuously. A true student of the Game like Kobe, Timmy, Lebron, etc.. will tell you that its more mental to be a champion.

How many times do you need to hear Howard has the basketball IQ of a 16 yr old, is NOT a leader, does not offer anything on the offensive end more than he offers turnovers, horrible down the stretch because of the hack a shaq strategy, gives up during games, and does not have the killer instinct true champions possess like kobe and wade. Why cant you agree to disagree and respect some basketball fans can truly dislike his game and not want him on their favorite team?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that hard to believe. Kobe was not the major reason Dwight left but it is a significant reason. He does have the heart and desire to win championships but like Phil Jackson said, he turns off other elite players from playing with him because he does not want to relinquish control. Even when he retires, I will not be surprised if he would want to immediately start coaching the Lakers. It will be interesting after his contract is up.

Dwight will not say that in an interview because he is trying not to ruin his already ruined image. Is being told that you have yet to learn how to win a championship any incentive to join the team? If any it is a criticism, even if it is constructive, it is still a criticism of your career at this point and no one wants to hear that. McHale or Olajuwon, big men who can improve Howard's game sounds to be more enticing than any of Kobe or Gasol's mentoring.

I think a lot of the Laker fans are somewhat in denial about Kobe and his uncanny ability to alter the chemistry of the Lakers. He is a good basketball player, but not exactly a leader like Duncan. I may be biased but if Wade sacrificed his role for the sake of acquiring Lebron, Kobe can too and he should. He is older AND he is injured.

Translation: "It doesn't fit with what I'VE decided the reason is that Dwight left, so I'm going to choose not to believe what Dwight himself says"!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, like the Lakers have never fired a coach before.:lol: By game 6 next year, they could have had a new one in place.

Clearly your stupidity is a natural talent!! It's amazing how much as you accuse others of missing points and not comprehending the written word, when you miss so many points and lack basic comprehension yourself!!I'll type slow!!Dwight wanted Phil to be the coach!! The Lakers chose to keep D'Antoni!! Therefore, Dwight left!! Kobe was not the reason Dwight left no matter how much YOU want him to be!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for BK, but when I said excuses, it was because they were only made after he had bad games vs good ones.

I don't think anybody would deny that it is difficult to come off of back surgery, let alone rush the recovery process.

:bullshit: First of all, injuries cause inconsistency in performance!! When a player is injured, it causes inconsistencies for him and when a team goes through as many injuries as the Lakers did, injuries cause inconsistent team performance!!

When Laker fans pointed out the injuries, you responded that the Lakers still had Dwight and Kobe and gave us all a diatribe about how well the Heat would have performed as long as they had Lebron and D-Wade!! When Laker fans pointed out the Dwight wasn't 100% and came back too early, you called it and excuse!!

You are incredibly transparent!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit: First of all, injuries cause inconsistency in performance!! When a player is injured, it causes inconsistencies for him and when a team goes through as many injuries as the Lakers did, injuries cause inconsistent team performance!!

When Laker fans pointed out the injuries, you responded that the Lakers still had Dwight and Kobe and gave us all a diatribe about how well the Heat would have performed as long as they had Lebron and D-Wade!! When Laker fans pointed out the Dwight wasn't 100% and came back too early, you called it and excuse!!

You are incredibly transparent!!

Your memory is good, but selective.
What I said was the Kobe had either Howard, Nash and/or Gasol for every game all season, and that IMO
should have been more then enough to secure a playoff spot ( which they eventually did, so I was wrong anyway).
The conversations were usually when you guys were trying to compare Kobe to James.

If you put James in the situation Kobe was in last year, you can bet your last dollar that it wouldn't have been near the struggle that it was.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly your stupidity is a natural talent!! It's amazing how much as you accuse others of missing points and not comprehending the written word, when you miss so many points and lack basic comprehension yourself!!I'll type slow!!Dwight wanted Phil to be the coach!! The Lakers chose to keep D'Antoni!! Therefore, Dwight left!! Kobe was not the reason Dwight left no matter how much YOU want him to be!!

Did Howard tell you this?

If this was the case, and he wanted to stay, then all he had to do was go to Mitch and say so. Did that happen?

News flash. Howard didn't want to play for the Lakers, with Kobe, or for any coach they may have had or didn't have.

You want us to take him for his word when he said Kobe wasnt the reason he left, but then want to discard from the same interview that he felt Houston was the perfect scenario for him when asked if he would have stayed if Phil would have been coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.