• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Young signs with the Lakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever. it isn't like they won't be back again. this is why none of us worry about it like fans of teams who wish they were us would like us to. look at YOU, for example. all you do is talk about the Lakers. i KNOW you'd like your tradition to be as strong as ours, but there ain't enough room for wannabes...:lol:

When you need to start with the 16>3 nonsense, you just turn back into a scorned Laker fan.
When the discussion turns to best overall franchises, feel free to throw your numbers at us.
If you are talking current state in the NBA, which we are, those numbers mean nothing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, you KNOW he's simply continuing his "Lakers suck" diatribe all over these boards. whatever. when the Heat disappear so will this clown...

Never said the Lakers suck.
Point is, many teams are good right now and the Lakers are in some down years.
Put it all together and you are a very possible non playoff team this year in the West.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh THIS oughta be good. i bet Howrd's chances of getting to the promised land have gone WAY up in this guy's mind now that he isn't wearing purple and gold...

Only prediction I made about Houston was that they would finish ahead of the Lakers this season.
As far as Howard, I stand by what I have said.
Who named him leader of this team?
I say Harden is, at least for now.
In addition, Harden/Lin/McHale will make every effort to get the most out of Howard they can.

Can you sit here straight faced and tell me Kobe/D'Antoni did that?

As far as chances. the day Howard switched teams, the Lakers went from 10-1 to 25-1.
The Rockets went fro 25-1 to 10-1.
Take it for what it's worth.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you need to start with the 16>3 nonsense, you just turn back into a scorned Laker fan.
Translation:"waaahhh, i don't wanna hear it. we can't match up to that". yes, yes, i know. sad, but true, little man...:gaah:

When the discussion turns to best overall franchises, feel free to throw your numbers at us.
If you are talking current state in the NBA, which we are, those numbers mean nothing.

ho hum. i DO belive the thread topic was on Nick Young becoming a Laker before you wanted to turn this into another one of your "lakers suck" scenarios...

DO try to stay on point, then others will too...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said the Lakers suck.:lame:

you said they were no good. now are you trying to deny it? what the hell else can you get out of that sentence...?

Point is, many teams are good right now and the Lakers are in some down years.:L

point is the same as always. it's getting pretty boring, actually...

Put it all together and you are a very possible non playoff team this year in the West.
:rollseyes:

whatever you say. still, it isn't like they'll be gone for long. hell, keep on talking about the Lakers. it IS what fans who are jealous of their success always do...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't disagree with anything (other then the Rockets won't smoke you this year) that you guys wrote.

My comments/predictions were based on how I see things as of today.

What the Lakers are doing to cut payroll, sign players to 1 year deals to preserve cap space is exactly what they should do.

What I find funny, and is now showing just how hypocritical some of you are is that you ripped the Heat for doing the exact same thing heading into 2010.

For the record, I have never ripped the Heat for doing that!! I ripped Lebron for the WAY he did it, not for the fact that he did it.

I ripped the Heat (as a franchise) for the idiotic televised party that they had about it!! If the Lakers land any big time free agents and do the same, I'll rip them for it too!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 3 years you have talked 90% Heat/James (estimate) and 10% Lakers.

I talk plenty of Heat.

Right now, what Heat is there to talk about?

We have the exact same roster as last year.

Wow CL!! I always knew that the mancrush Turnup has on you led to his stalking you and counting your posts (even back on cbs), but now he has percentages on hos much you talk about certain teams!!

Probably has piecharts and whole powerpoint presentation set up on it!!

You might want to think about that restraining order that I suggested awhile back!!:lol:

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only prediction I made about Houston was that they would finish ahead of the Lakers this season.
As far as Howard, I stand by what I have said.
Who named him leader of this team?
I say Harden is, at least for now.
In addition, Harden/Lin/McHale will make every effort to get the most out of Howard they can.

Can you sit here straight faced and tell me Kobe/D'Antoni did that?

As far as chances. the day Howard switched teams, the Lakers went from 10-1 to 25-1.
The Rockets went fro 25-1 to 10-1.
Take it for what it's worth.

I would say yes Kobe did try to get Dwight to do his best. As for Dontknowi, he doesn't know how to use what he has and therefore can't get the best out of any of them. The real question here is, can you honestly tell me that Dwight tried his best to give his best? If you think he did then your blind as hell.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow CL!! I always knew that the mancrush Turnup has on you led to his stalking you and counting your posts (even back on cbs), but now he has percentages on hos much you talk about certain teams!!

wouldn't suprise me none...which is about as much as i CARE about his stalking and trolling...

You might want to think about that restraining order that I suggested awhile back!!:lol:

think i'll head to the courthouse today...:lol:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I have never ripped the Heat for doing that!! I ripped Lebron for the WAY he did it, not for the fact that he did it.

I ripped the Heat (as a franchise) for the idiotic televised party that they had about it!! If the Lakers land any big time free agents and do the same, I'll rip them for it too!!

But that televised party was awesome... remember the smoke? the laser show? the 3 guys dressed in heat uniforms despite having no game to play?

we will have to agree to disagree. i hope lebron opts out.. chooses miami again.. and we throw another huge party.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys can't follow along to even the simplest of points.
I'm not referring to TV shows or fan celebrations.

I meant clearing cap space and signing players to 1 year deals.

When Riley did it, many of you we're saying he was wrong to throw away those seasons vs try to improve the roster for Wade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say yes Kobe did try to get Dwight to do his best. As for Dontknowi, he doesn't know how to use what he has and therefore can't get the best out of any of them. The real question here is, can you honestly tell me that Dwight tried his best to give his best? If you think he did then your blind as hell.

I'm no doctor, but I always felt that Howard rushed his return.

I think that's combined with all of the Lakers early season drama/injuries set the wheel of disaster in motion.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys can't follow along to even the simplest of points.
I'm not referring to TV shows or fan celebrations.

I meant clearing cap space and signing players to 1 year deals.

When Riley did it, many of you we're saying he was wrong to throw away those seasons vs try to improve the roster for Wade.

And I responded to it dipshit!! My first sentence was that I never ripped the Heat for doing that and went on to say what I DID rip them for!! Talk about not being able to follow the simplest of points!!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no doctor, but I always felt that Howard rushed his return.

I think that's combined with all of the Lakers early season drama/injuries set the wheel of disaster in motion.

I agree you are no doctor but at least you are a bandwagon Heat fan with an IQ of a rock. Have a great day!!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree you are no doctor but at least you are a bandwagon Heat fan with an IQ of a rock. Have a great day!!!

Nice post!

I am as certain as certain as could be that if Howard would have stayed with the Lakers that the conversation here would have quickly turned to how much better he would have been this season.

The man had a throw away season that can be attributed to several reasons.
You guys had probably 10-15 opening nights of hope last year every time someone came back off of an injury.

To even hint or suggest that the Lakers are better of without him shows a complete lack of knowledge of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.