• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL refs still suck

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs literally tried handing Cleveland the game. The whole crew should be fired.

Absolutely fuckin' ridiculous.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs literally tried handing Cleveland the game. The whole crew should be fired.

Absolutely fuckin' ridiculous.
Browns DBs on Seahawks WRs "they are just hand checking. Seattle DBs on Browns WRs, '"P.I. Didn't get the head around despite obviously did."Oh wait, 3rd down and Walker throws lame duck incomplete. Let's call hands to the face on DBs when the WR knocks the hand up into his own facemask.More of what they did to the Colts last week.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns DBs on Seahawks WRs "they are just hand checking. Seattle DBs on Browns WRs, '"P.I. Didn't get the head around despite obviously did."Oh wait, 3rd down and Walker throws lame duck incomplete. Let's call hands to the face on DBs when the WR knocks the hand up into his own facemask.More of what they did to the Colts last week.

It was absolutely gross. I rarely say refs swing a game, but in that case they did. Also on the DPI for Woolen, I understood he never got his head around, but he NEVER MADE CONTACT until the ball arrived and got swatted. That's NOT DPI. Whatever.. been saying it for years that we need the challenges but SEPERATE from the challenges there need to be penalty challenges.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was absolutely gross. I rarely say refs swing a game, but in that case they did. Also on the DPI for Woolen, I understood he never got his head around, but he NEVER MADE CONTACT until the ball arrived and got swatted. That's NOT DPI. Whatever.. been saying it for years. We need the challenges but SEPERATE from the challenges there need to be penalty challenges.
When I saw the replay, he actually did get his head around just as the ball arrived. A helluva lot more then Ward did earlier in the game when they "let them play" or the one on DK on the corner fade early in the game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the replay, he actually did get his head around just as the ball arrived. A helluva lot more then Ward did earlier in the game when they "let them play" or the one on DK on the corner fade early in the game.

I mean regardless, it was ridiculous.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the refs did,nt have good moments in the washington/philly game either.
Agreed. AJ Brown’s first TD was crazy. First he was interferes with and then he got facemasked and there still was no flag haha.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot tell you how much I hate the phrase "let them play". It means absolutely NOTHING!

If a player commits a foul...the player has "played". He committed a foul/penalty.

The refs job is to call a foul/penalty that they see.

If the refs "let them play" and a player fouls another player and nothing is called...this is not "letting them play" but a failure for the official to do his job.

Calling the penalty is not preventing the players from "playing" but calling the outcome/consequence of the players own actions....the player "played' and committed a penalty...the official calling that penalty is doing his job...putting the blame on the official for not allowing them to "play" is the dumbest thing in the world...I can't stand it.

It's worse in basketball where they literally officiate the last 2-3 minutes completely different than the rest of the game....a foul in the first 38 minutes is suddenly not a foul in the final 2...because..."letting them play"....Stupid.....

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot tell you how much I hate the phrase "let them play". It means absolutely NOTHING!

If a player commits a foul...the player has "played". He committed a foul/penalty.

If the refs "let them play" and a player fouls another player and nothing is called...this is not "letting them play" but a failure for the official to do his job.

Calling the penalty is not preventing the players from "playing" but calling the outcome/consequence of the players own actions....the player "played' and committed a penalty...the official calling that penalty is doing his job...putting the blame on the official for not allowing them to "play" is the dumbest thing in the world...I can't stand it.

It's worse in basketball where they literally officiate the last 2-3 minutes completely different than the rest of the game....a foul in the first 38 minutes is suddenly not a foul in the final 2...because..."letting them play"....Stupid.....
For us, it was the opposite. Didn't call shit on the Browns DBs all game long, then started calling every little touch on the Seahawks late. I can accept those late calls if they are consistent all game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For us, it was the opposite. Didn't call shit on the Browns DBs all game long, then started calling every little touch on the Seahawks late. I can accept those late calls if they are consistent all game.
You hit the key word for me...Consistent.

I can not agree with a call or whatever...but if it's called the same way all game, at least players have a chance to adapt. If you call this, but not that, but then call it again later...how is a player supposed to adapt to that kind of inconsistency...it really does leave the players in limbo with how to approach that particular game...

When I coached baseball for my son's team growing up...I always told the umpires...just be consistent. I may not like a ball or a strike you call...and I won't argue it as long as you are consistent and give a chance for my pitchers and hitters to adapt to your strike zone. If you're consistent, then I can't complain. If you are all over the place, I'm likely going to be all over you...lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To build on that, how many "elite" defenders are simply players that are allowed more illegal contact than the others? They certainly get the benefit of the doubt more often at bare minimum.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To build on that, how many "elite" defenders are simply players that are allowed more illegal contact than the others? They certainly get the benefit of the doubt more often at bare minimum.
There's no doubt that once you "earn" a reputation as such...you are afforded a different set of rules...

Just look no further than roughing the passer calls...same hits across the board, and yet only a select few get those ticky-tacky calls...other guys can be slammed into the ground with nary a second thought...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a 'both sides offside call' on a 4th & 1 where only the Dolphins were offside. There were also multiple plays where the Dolphins lined up offside and weren't flagged for it. (The last Dolphins possession had 2 plays where WRs were offside - 1 with the WR slightly ahead of the ball). I think there were 3 other offsides.

Bottom line: the Eagles were disciplined and the Dolphins weren't.

No there was not. I watched that game. There were 2 calls on Philly that were offset by calls on MIA. The rest of what you said was just a big honking pile of made up bullshit.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was absolutely gross. I rarely say refs swing a game, but in that case they did. Also on the DPI for Woolen, I understood he never got his head around, but he NEVER MADE CONTACT until the ball arrived and got swatted. That's NOT DPI. Whatever.. been saying it for years that we need the challenges but SEPERATE from the challenges there need to be penalty challenges.
NFL would rather have San Fagcisco win that division. The storyline is better.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been 2 weeks in a row now Shark. The calls on Woolen vs. Zona last week were mostly shit as well.
Gotta keep the games close. That is the NFLs mantra. Or should I say all small market teams games. The darling teams like the Chiefs and Eagles (and formerly Packers and Patriots) are allowed to just have them run away with games without any penalties called.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder when Pete Carroll will finally get coach of the year. This year he has one of the youngest teams in the league, patchwork on the O L all year, Geno Smith as his QB and they’re 5-2… not saying they’re going to finish on that pace, but he is one hell of a coach

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. AJ Brown’s first TD was crazy. First he was interferes with and then he got facemasked and there still was no flag haha.
thats because AJ Brown told the refs. I dont need no stinkin' flags!
Watch this shit!