• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL refs still suck

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah protecting the Qb has gone beyond ridiculous.

The roughing calls are so erratic and usually unnecessary that defenders are slowed, unsure how to approach the tackle/sack. It may look like an amazing juke move by the QB in the open field or evading a sure sack, but the defenders are at a real disadvantage.

champro-pop-flag-belt-1dz---bulk-a10812.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs are clueless

The league is clueless, instructing the refs to make these ridiculous calls. Another bad one was the intentional grounding on Josh Allen last night that was in actuality just the receiver cutting off his route.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spearing for leading with his helmet maybe?
He lowered his head but it looked like his right hand/arm and shoulder pad made contact first. The rule itself is just another retarded workaround for not having decent helmets. No excuse for it with all the money football makes.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
referees are awful.the roughing the passer call against washington maybe the worst i saw in 50 years watching the nfl.they called holding about 5 times on philly the last drive in their game.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lowered his head but it looked like his right hand/arm and shoulder pad made contact first. The rule itself is just another retarded workaround for not having decent helmets. No excuse for it with all the money football makes.
You've gone full RTK with your ignorance. You choose to not see what's in front of you and you hide behind an old interpretation of a rule that was updated before the 2022 season.

2013:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1578475-nfl-crown-of-the-helmet-rule-the-end-of-football-as-we-know-it

2018:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/06/new-nfl-helmet-lowering-rule-changes-explained

2022:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-quietly-tweaked-lowering-of-helmet-rule-for-2022

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even worse.
They are shameless.
When they know they made a bad call. they will lie about why it is the right call.

They should do like rugby. Everybody is micced up, video guy, on field officials and they all watch and discuss multiple angles of infractions or scoring plays and everybody hears what they are saying. Watching on the big stadium screen, not under some hood looking at a miniscule computer monitor.

And they review Penalties as well. Any plays they feel like reviewing and not just 2. And the teams don't have to call for the review. If they do they get told to "Shut up, I'm the ref, if I want to talk to you I'll call you over."

And they will go back in time to correct things. I've seen tries overruled post conversion.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate most how they make a whole cottage industry out of this ref bullshit.
Pathetic. So as the QB is tackled gently he has a chance to complete a pass. The worst thing about the NFL is the commish. The refs suck. Many of them think they are the stars and enjoy tossing flags so they can get tv time. And many of them are biased

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does nothing to counter my statement. It says crown of the helmet. In this case it was the front of the helmet that made contact. The update did not change that. Just changed initiate contact to forcible contact.

Here is the frozen shot of contact. Take a good look douchebag. It is the front of helmet not the crown. His hands are already on him too.
1699387743855.png

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roughing the passer penalty is a crime committed on every fan who pays out their good money to watch football. The attorney general should file charges for grand larceny every time one of those bullshit calls happens. I'm only half joking here but it really is a farce. What's worse is this ridiculous notion that it's about protecting the star players ( aka, Quarterbacks) from injury. With the way QBs play now with RPO's and bootlegs and designed runs, etc., there are more QB's getting hurt now than there ever was. THere were the odd real bad injuries that happened like Theisman or Brady's knee at the start of 08 or Rodgers' shoulder when he got slammed down on a sack but those were extremely rare for the most part. The rules are making it just pathetic and the 15 yds and automatic first downs just kill a defense.
There's 3 or 4 rules that are getting called too much and making some games almost unwatchable. And there is absolutely no consistency on the calls. It just makes the entire thing look incompetent and stupid.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does nothing to counter my statement. It says crown of the helmet. In this case it was the front of the helmet that made contact. The update did not change that. Just changed initiate contact to forcible contact.

Here is the frozen shot of contact. Take a good look douchebag. It is the front of helmet not the crown. His hands are already on him too.
View attachment 345532
No dog in the fight, but watching it live on the clip it certainly looks like the first part of the helmet that hits is the crown, and then his head moves up to the front of the helmet.

Just my thought, though...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with all the gambling going on NFL games the league could have a problem soon if they don't take steps to clean it up. Real bad

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another idea that probably will never fly but is worth thinking about is the expedited review process. It should be used on every flag thrown. A quick 10 second look as the ref is discussing it with the on field guys and announcing the call. Incidental contact that is not roughing or a blatant shot to the face immediately call down and tell the ref to pick the flag up. No more easy first downs for nothing calls because the on-field guys have the wrong view and it looks worse than it actually was. Eliminate illegal contact by DBs altogether. It's either a blatant hold that impedes the receiver or obvious pass interference and if PI, it's a 10 yard penalty. Same as OPI.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dog in the fight, but watching it live on the clip it certainly looks like the first part of the helmet that hits is the crown, and then his head moves up to the front of the helmet.

Just my thought, though...
Yes it looked that way at full time video but as you can see buy that frozen snap shot it was not the crown. NFL had the option not to fine there with this obvious evidence available to them. They basically want players to play without being aggressive. It is pussy ball. Also trying to hide the fact that the current helmets are not appropriate protections

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it looked that way at full time video but as you can see buy that frozen snap shot it was not the crown. NFL had the option not to fine there with this obvious evidence available to them. They basically want players to play without being aggressive. It is pussy ball. Also trying to hide the fact that the current helmets are not appropriate protections
I guess my point was...I see the still and see that in the clip...but I feel like the still taken was a split second AFTER the initial crown of the helmet hit.

Again - I don't have a dog either way...and I do agree...the rules are going counter to NFL nature and is getting out of hand.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another one that will get you going...While swift does lower his helmet...it is his shoulder that makes all the contact...at least in the clip that I saw....

lockdownmemes.jpg