• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Quarterback Scramble

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not following your logic on this one, BOk
I wasn’t replying directly to you but the other comments about ”why does a QB get a say in GM/HC decisions?”

The reason for me is that the QB will outlast those coaches and GMs. They are more critical or harder to replace. And this isn’t just limited to the top-tier QBs like Rodgers. Matt Ryan is still a Falcon, many coaches and GMs can’t say the same over the same time span.

Earlier someone said they don’t interview a candidate that will be their boss at their job. And I don’t think that quite fits in the NFL. Technically speaking a HC or GM might be a QB‘s boss but in practicality that isn‘t the case.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why a QB gets input in front office workings, why he gets a say in the coaching staff. If the team struggles you will fire a HC you will fire a GM. You will NOT fire a franchise QB. HC and GM are more expendable than quality QB in today’s NFL.

Not following your logic on this one, BOk

It's quite simple.

Bill Bellichick with Tom Brady goes 12-4 in 2019. Bill Belichick without Brady goes 5-11 in 2020.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if that’s what you believe. But you don’t promise an employee that he will be part of the process and then not follow though. From what I can tell, that is the issue to Watson. He was asked for his recommendation and then when he shared his opinion, it was ignored. It appears to me as a far distant outsider, that lines of communication in the Texans organization are in disarray. And that creates all kinds of issues.
“From what you can tell ....as a distant outsider.”

You know what they say about assumptions, Springy.
For me, when you say he has input but it was ignored. Was he promised final say? Making Watson de facto GM notion seems ludicrous to me. What GM would give a 25yo jock final call on the team moves?

Maybe that is why OB was run out of town.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me, when you say he has input but it was ignored. Was he promised final say? Making Watson de facto GM notion seems ludicrous to me. What GM would give a 25yo jock final call on the team moves?

That's pretty clever - ragging on Springy for his assumptions and then replacing them with your own.

My hat's off to you Pump - you are stirring the drink around here - even if you don't immediately bow down to my superior surmises.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hardly final say to not bring in the two coaches for interviews that he recommended. (That is until it became public and way past time they invited Bienemy for an interview. Of course by then it was obvious they were just trying to CYA.)

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hardly final say to not bring in the two coaches for interviews that he recommended. (That is until it became public and way past time they invited Bienemy for an interview. Of course by then it was obvious they were just trying to CYA.)
Why do you suppose those two coaches weren’t invited to interview? What are the most likely reasons?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty clever - ragging on Springy for his assumptions and then replacing them with your own.

My hat's off to you Pump - you are stirring the drink around here - even if you don't immediately bow down to my superior surmises.
Not ragging. George has all my respect. Just making noise while I pack to go skiing.
You need to be a tad kinder if you ever expect to get that POTM fee.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you suppose those two coaches weren’t invited to interview? What are the most likely reasons?
Because Watson requested them.

That's what I got. What about you? ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ragging. George has all my respect. Just making noise while I pack to go skiing.
Pump me up - Mr. Fake

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you headed to for your skiing trip? Colorado? Snow is good out here currently. (it wasn't until a few weeks ago)

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you headed to for your skiing trip? Colorado? Snow is good out here currently. (it wasn't until a few weeks ago)
I was in Park City a couple weeks ago and headed to Vail now. Flying through Denver on the way to Eagle.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s final say if you’re going to hold your breath until you pass out if you don’t get your way. ;)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defe
It's quite simple.

Bill Bellichick with Tom Brady goes 12-4 in 2019. Bill Belichick without Brady goes 5-11 in 2020.
Defense was a big part of the Patriots offense in 2019. Brady didn't have any WRs, didn't have Gronk and had already decided he was leaving town. Just didn't know for sure where. Then comes Covid, 8 Patriots opt out. No other team had more than three. You really need to bone up on your knowledge. The Patriots finished 7-9, not 5-11. The Broncos finished 5-11. You guys were worse without Brady.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defe

Defense was a big part of the Patriots offense in 2019. Brady didn't have any WRs, didn't have Gronk and had already decided he was leaving town. Just didn't know for sure where. Then comes Covid, 8 Patriots opt out. No other team had more than three. You really need to bone up on your knowledge. The Patriots finished 7-9, not 5-11. The Broncos finished 5-11. You guys were worse without Brady.
8 opt outs sounds like there were some guys looking for a reason not to play for the Patriots. In any case, there would seem to be a reason why the Pats were a statistical outlier in opt outs.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defe

Does 5-11 or 7-9 really change the point I'm making? GTFO with that weak-ass shit.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ryan Fitzpatrick choose another paycheck instead of surfing.