• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Quarterback Scramble

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus if you think about the division there is a decent chance to finish 2nd. Carolina is still trying to figure out their QB position and have some major holes all over their roster. New Orleans is heading for a disaster of a season with how bad their cap situation is right now. Tampa should have a good team but I will say trying to keep an entire roster together after a Super Bowl usually means bad things moving forward. The Broncos tried this minus Peyton Manning for a couple of years and well it set them back years.

So Atlanta is set up pretty nice and throw in the NFC isn't quite as deep as the AFC.
Agreed. Our Pythag record last year was 9.2-6.8. Lol. Biggest difference in win probability and actial wins in the SB era. Just gotta get some pieces and close games

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct - it is not possible to fix this. I don't really know, but I speculate that African-American athletes are a little sensitive to being told where they have to labor -whether they like it or not.
Hé JUST signed a contract. Not sure how you effectively play that card.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree. We knew that Lawrence and Fields were going to be top-10 picks at this time last year. Trey Lance was getting hyped up to top-15 by a lot of people in the business. So only Jones and Wilson are the surprises here.
Right now with the 2022 class we don't have a single one that I would say is a guarantee to go top-15. It is a deeper class than this one as I could see a decent number of guys go in the top-2 rounds but this class has the opportunity to be special depending where these guys go.
Carl, you hear anything as far as us showing any particular interest in any qb this year? What’s the talk on Jones?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hé JUST signed a contract. Not sure how you effectively play that card.
And - he is rebelling against the lack of follow through on the assurances he had to participate in the front office decisions - that is a verbal contract.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And - he is rebelling against the lack of follow through on the assurances he had to participate in the front office decisions - that is a verbal contract.

How many QBs have a say in Front Office decisions, and I am not sure they should? Now if that was offered, then the organization should have followed through.

Employees don't and should not have a say in who becomes their boss, IMO.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many QBs have a say in Front Office decisions, and I am not sure they should? Now if that was offered, then the organization should have followed through.

Where I now work, my boss included my team members in the interview process!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the entire public basis for the dispute. That he didn't get what he was promised about input.

As I recall the Broncos owner once offered John Elway partial ownership of the team - which Elway wanted so he could be part of the decision making process - until the NFL shut down the option.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I now work, my boss included my team members in the interview process!
Have team member involved with interviewing for a co-worker is different then interviewing for your boss, or your boss' boss. Everyone has a different view point.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And verbal contracts have all the value of the paper they are not written on. Who made the verbal contract? OB? If this is something he was serious about his representation should have had ink on paper. Legally enforceable language.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And verbal contracts have all the value of the paper they are not written on. Who made the verbal contract? OB? If this is something he was serious about his representation should have had ink on paper. Legally enforceable language.
Where did you go to law school? Verbal contracts are just as enforceable as written contracts - if you have a witness. But, if the other side is lying about the promise - that's a good reason not to play for them again. Will you stand up for the characters on the other side of this dispute -as guys who would lie about this promise?

Is is damn fun to have you around PumpFake.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl, you hear anything as far as us showing any particular interest in any qb this year? What’s the talk on Jones?

I think that Jones is well liked around the league but to a point. Obviously some major concerns of his lack of athletic profile and how that has not shined well in the NFL. He is smart and a likeable guy though so I do think some team will take a chance on him early.

As for the Broncos I knew the order a bit more in their preference before Elway stepped down. At that time it was Lawrence and Wilson at the top and then a decent gap to the next guys. Paton has done a great job of keeping people guessing information wise. He was brilliant with the Stafford information. the local guys got one story and the national guys got a different one. So the counter stories caused quite a stir and neither side knows which one was the real story. So might be harder this year than in the past to get information as the Broncos were one of the worst in the league at keeping what they wanted to do a secret.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are looking at a day 3 QB, a guy like Jamie Newman might be worth a flyer. Could have a high upside. From what I hear his Georgia tape was concerning, but his Wake Forest tape showed some promise. Probably a guy that could use a year to sit and learn.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have team member involved with interviewing for a co-worker is different then interviewing for your boss, or your boss' boss. Everyone has a different view point.
No, I mean my team members, the team I supervise, was included in my interview.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an owner, I have several billion dollars tied up into my football team. I employ several hundred maybe a thousand people associated with it. I have 75 guys playing football and a direct staff of at least fifty people who are directly connected to those players.

Now, all of a sudden, my GM is promising a QB who was a Communications major in college and didn't accumulate 80 credit hours in four years at Miami University, that he can make managerial decisions that can affect my bottom line and endanger the lives of all of my employees. I don't want his inexperienced input. I want him to do what I pay him to do, play football.

The odd thing is that nearly every single one of these guys have done nothing else in their lives but play sports. They got money under the table and felt like everyone owed them. None of them ever held even a part time job. From where do they expect to draw the expertisee to make a personnel decision? "I like this guy. He gave me a great deal on my BMW 835 XL. He'd make a great OL Coach."

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if that’s what you believe. But you don’t promise an employee that he will be part of the process and then not follow though. From what I can tell, that is the issue to Watson. He was asked for his recommendation and then when he shared his opinion, it was ignored. It appears to me as a far distant outsider, that lines of communication in the Texans organization are in disarray. And that creates all kinds of issues.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you go to law school? Verbal contracts are just as enforceable as written contracts - if you have a witness. But, if the other side is lying about the promise - that's a good reason not to play for them again. Will you stand up for the characters on the other side of this dispute -as guys who would lie about this promise?

Is is damn fun

Is is damn fun to have you around PumpFake.
So you’re going to tell me that I owe you $1k for POTM because I promised and Springy was a witness? The guy I’ll pay that did go to law school will bankrupt you. ;)

Still, the point I was making is that a good agent would have had dry ink on that of it was that detrimental to Watson’s ability to be a productive QB.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’re going to tell me that I owe you $1k for POTM because I promised and Springy was a witness? The guy I’ll pay that did go to law school will bankrupt you. ;)

Still, the point I was making is that a good agent would have had dry ink on that of it was that detrimental to Watson’s ability to be a productive QB.
A good agent would know - a clause like that would not be accepted by the NFL as a valid contract.

If you promised me $1k for POTM - I would have laughed you out of the forum - POTM goes for lunch money - silly boy.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why a QB gets input in front office workings, why he gets a say in the coaching staff. If the team struggles you will fire a HC you will fire a GM. You will NOT fire a franchise QB. HC and GM are more expendable than quality QB in today’s NFL.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good agent would know - a clause like that would not be accepted by the NFL as a valid contract.

If you promised me $1k for POTM - I would have laughed you out of the forum - POTM goes for lunch money - silly boy.
Look around. $1k IS lunch money. ;)

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look around. $1k IS
Here is why a QB gets input in front office workings, why he gets a say in the coaching staff. If the team struggles you will fire a HC you will fire a GM. You will NOT fire a franchise QB. HC and GM are more expendable than quality QB in today’s NFL.
Not following your logic on this one, BOk