• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coach Rumors/Firings/Hirings Thread

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

Lions have been calling around, checking references on #Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt. Their interest in him is very strong.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Darlington:

I still fully expect Jay Gruden, when the time comes, to get major consideration for the Redskins' head coaching job. Keep that one in mind.

---------

Ian Rapoport:

Hear #Vikings will have interest in both #Bengals coordinators: OC Jay Gruden & DC Mike Zimmer. If they win this week, gotta keep waiting

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Mortensen:

As expected, Bucs reach deal w Jeff Tedford as OC. Source: Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard is leading candidate as next Bucs GM

Ballard has ties to Chicago/Lovie Smith. He was an area scout and director of pro scouting while he was there.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tony Softli:

OU Head Coach and Ohio native Bob Stoops may have the inside track on the Cleveland Browns opening.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

Vikings to interview Browns DC Ray Horton on Tuesday in AZ. They are set to meet Todd Bowles on Monday. Coaching convention in AZ again?

---------------

Alex Marvez:

Morrison said @Panthers DC Sean McDermott will interview Saturday for the @Redskins HC position

-----------------

Mike Garafalo:

Take 2: Bengals DC Mike Zimmer getting interest from Vikings, Lions + Redskins. Could interview with all 3 next week. Was off-limits this wk

------------------

Mary Kay Cabot:

I'm told it's false that #Browns will interview former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel, per a report on Akron Fox Sports' 1350 AM

------------------------

Jim Wyatt:

Indications are #Titans coach Mike Munchak will be back in 2014, per sources.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tim Twentyman (on Lions HC position):

Way too early. Whisenhunt still has to be the favorite. It's a process.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
John McClain:

Don't be surprised if Texans hire Romeo Crennel as DC. He would be a tremendous hire.

--------------

Adam Schefter:

And @ClaytonESPN is reporting the Redskins are interviewing Dallas Cowboys assistant HC Rich Bisaccia today. Bisaccia close to Bruce Allen.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lane Kiffin to TB (WR coach, I think)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josina Anderson:

Filed to ESPN: Leslie Frazier just text me "going to Tampa." Frazier will be next defensive coordinator for the Bucs.

Mike Singletary could join him I would suspect but without the assistant head coach label he had in Minnesota. Robb Smith was their LB coach this season, his first year as an NFL assistant. Was with Rutgers from '09-'12. Obviously he won't be or maybe already hasn't been retained.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pozz, what do you think about Pat Hill as potential replacement for Drevno?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pozz, what do you think about Pat Hill as potential replacement for Drevno?

He might be one of the realistic names that'd be willing to work with another coach on the OL again. Do remember, though, that the 49ers still have Solari and MAY decide to let him be the lone wolf to coach that group (I haven't read anything yet about it).

I've never been a huge fan or advocate of Hill and he's never been on my radar as somebody I'd advocate bringing on board to any team I follow. The best thing I can say about him is younger guys, especially the ones he coached in college, seemed to love him and fought really hard for him.

Solari is one of the few guys still associated with the 49ers organization than I am a pretty big fan of (coaching or front office). I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't gotten more talk as a HC candidate - pro or college - so far. I always think Solari is older than he actually is. He's ONLY going to be 59 in 13 days. It wouldn't shock me if he got a promotion (OC or HC) somewhere eventually.

Offensive and defensive line coach are two assistant positions that if things were left up to me, I'd always have somebody or try to have somebody else on staff that I feel like could step into those roles right away if need be. I don't mind the situation the 49ers had with Solari and Drevno for that reason but obviously it was hard to understand the dynamic going on there between the two of them specifically.

As far as Hill goes, though, I'd say it'd be a no go for me. There are quite a few assistants out there already that I'd like to pair up with Solari or to replace Solari if he gets a promotion elsewhere.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chip Brown:

Louisville coach Charlie Strong will replace Mack Brown as the head coach at Texas, according to a high-ranking UT source.

The UT source said Louisville's Charlie Strong will be offered the job, and Strong has indicated he will accept.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brett McMurphy:

Charlie Strong hasn't accepted Texas job; wants to talk w/UL AD & Prez source told @ESPN. Another source: no formal offer but he will accept