• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coach Rumors/Firings/Hirings Thread

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

Teryl Austin’s agreement to be #Lions DC is done, per source. He’s interviewing Vance Joseph (Texans) and Bill Sheridan (Bucs) as assistants

Vance Joseph used to coach the DBs in SF under Nolan. One of the better assistants in the NFL in my opinion.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Vikings and Norv Turner are close to a deal and league sources believe he will be Mike Zimmer's offensive coordinator in Minnesota.

Since SF had zero chance at him IMO if Roman left, I'm kind of glad he went to a team like the Vikings and to a division like that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Marvez:

Confirmed by source: @MiamiDolphins LBs coach George Edwards leaving to become @Vikings defensive coordinator @FOXSports

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Norv Turner - C - Vikings

Vikings hired ex-Browns OC Norv Turner as offensive coordinator.

Turner is the second coordinator to leave the Browns this week after DC Ray Horton signed with the Titans earlier on Saturday. In Minnesota, he'll have complete control of the offense under defensive-minded HC Mike Zimmer. The Vikings have an unsettled quarterback situation going into the offseason, but Turner's aggressive passing scheme should maximize the talents of Cordarrelle Patterson and Greg Jennings. He also figures to incorporate more of a commitment to the running game behind Adrian Peterson after ranking 27th in rushing offense with the Browns this past season. Turner is an upgrade over Bill Musgrave's conservative, West Coast system and will look to improve one of the worst passing attacks in the league in 2013.
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Jan 18 - 5:28 PM

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a coach but.....

Last edited by a moderator:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best guys in our FO. He's a genius when it comes to working out contract extensions and working with the salary cap.

Indeed, I think we have a top ten FO right now.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns organization is a mess.

Not sure why they even fired chud. This hire is no better. Just have to start over again.

Exactly, what does pettine give them that Chud didnt. It seems like they lost alot of player's support for the organization in the process. The biggest thing is they also lost Norv Turner and Ray Horton, which is in my opinion the worst lost for that team. Now they have to get those players aquainted with a new system again, and if I played for them I would be trying to get the fuck out of there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns organization is a mess.

Not sure why they even fired chud. This hire is no better. Just have to start over again.

They fire their coaches because then every year they can say that they won't tolerate losing. Then that makes the franchise fans feel that they're doing something. I'm not really serious here because of course fans know their history.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Does Dallas really think splitting up responsibilities on both sides of the ball is going to help? This isn't a college team. Now they have Kiffin/Marinelli on the defensive side, and Callahan/Linehan on the offensive side. You need clear leadership/play-calling duties. Imagine if Dallas had Sean Payton as HC/OC and Rob Ryan as DC. Until Jerry Jones has less of an impact on coaching, things will not improve.

Last edited by a moderator: