• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coach Rumors/Firings/Hirings Thread

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He might be one of the realistic names that'd be willing to work with another coach on the OL again. Do remember, though, that the 49ers still have Solari and MAY decide to let him be the lone wolf to coach that group (I haven't read anything yet about it).

I've never been a huge fan or advocate of Hill and he's never been on my radar as somebody I'd advocate bringing on board to any team I follow. The best thing I can say about him is younger guys, especially the ones he coached in college, seemed to love him and fought really hard for him.

Solari is one of the few guys still associated with the 49ers organization than I am a pretty big fan of (coaching or front office). I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't gotten more talk as a HC candidate - pro or college - so far. I always think Solari is older than he actually is. He's ONLY going to be 59 in 13 days. It wouldn't shock me if he got a promotion (OC or HC) somewhere eventually.

Offensive and defensive line coach are two assistant positions that if things were left up to me, I'd always have somebody or try to have somebody else on staff that I feel like could step into those roles right away if need be. I don't mind the situation the 49ers had with Solari and Drevno for that reason but obviously it was hard to understand the dynamic going on there between the two of them specifically.

As far as Hill goes, though, I'd say it'd be a no go for me. There are quite a few assistants out there already that I'd like to pair up with Solari or to replace Solari if he gets a promotion elsewhere.

Thanks for the feedback, Pozz...

I imangine Pat Hill would like to come back to California, and would think it has potential to be a good fit...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm dubious, but Charlie Strong doesn't sound like a big name IMO for the Texas Job

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
James Franklin - C - Player

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Redskins and Browns have requested an interview with Vanderbilt coach James Franklin for their head-coaching vacancies.

Franklin has been a hot name the past year or so. The soon-to-be 42-year-old has been the Commodores' head man the past three seasons and has led them to an impressive 17-8 record over the last two years. Franklin has one year of NFL coaching experience; he coached the Packers receivers in 2005 before jetting to become Kansas State's offensive coordinator. Franklin interviewed for the Texans' job two weeks ago.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 4 - 11:44 AM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

#Giants DC Perry Fewell is set to interview with the #Redskins on Monday, per source. They had requested permission on Jan. 1.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

For #Titans opening, when they reached out informally earlier in the week to possible candidates, Darrell Bevell was 1. He’ll have interest

I don't get all the interest.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Philbin - OT - Dolphins

NFL Network's Mike Silver is "hearing" the Dolphins "may" retain GM Jeff Ireland, "against all odds."

Silver leaves himself plenty of room for error here, but "against all odds" would be highly accurate. Ireland's Dolphins have failed to turn in a winning season for five consecutive years, topping out at 8-8 in 2013. Ireland's offseason free-agency spending spree backfired spectacularly, as Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler were major downgrades from Karlos Dansby and Kevin Burnett, whom they replaced. Miami's remade offensive line also imploded, allowing an NFL-most 58 sacks and failing to generate any hint of push in the run game. Fins owner Stephen Ross is struggling to be kind. The Dolphins are among professional sports' most dysfunctional franchises. Assuming Ireland is indeed retained, look for Joe Philbin to stay on as coach with some tweaks to his staff.
Source: Mike Silver on Twitter

Jan 5 - 9:15 PM

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better not take Vic and Roman. I don't like this at all. I'm hoping roman insists on Kirk Cousins being their franchise qb. That would end talks real quick.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miami Dolphins official twitter:

NEWS: The Miami Dolphins and General Manager Jeff Ireland have mutually agreed to part ways.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jennifer Hammond:

I have learned that Gary Kubiak was in Allen Park today to interview for the #Lions head coaching job. My story on @fox2sports at 6

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tennessee Titans twitter:

The #Titans completed a formal interview with Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Coordinator Jay Gruden today.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

Heard the #Vikings interview with #Cardinals DC Todd Bowles went incredibly well yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes final 3.

#Packers QB coach Ben McAdoo will interview this week, as expected ... but for the #Browns head coaching job, per source. Wow.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennifer Hammond:

I have learned that Gary Kubiak was in Allen Park today to interview for the #Lions head coaching job. My story on @fox2sports at 6

Both Whisenhunt n Kubiak were my replacements for Detroit... good to see Detroit thinks so as well.