• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coach Rumors/Firings/Hirings Thread

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rick Stroud:

The #Bucs have made contact with Lovie Smith about their vacant head coaching job.

-----

Adam Schefter:

Former Bears HC Lovie Smith is considered the favorite for the Buccaneers HC job, based on multiple league sources.

Alex Marvez:

Echoing other media reports, I spoke to someone in @TBBuccaneers organization & belief is Lovie Smith strong favorite to become head coach

Source also said Greg Schiano was surprised by @TBBuccaneers firing. Penn State would definitely be of interest to him, source said

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Former Bears HC Lovie Smith is considered the favorite for the Buccaneers HC job, based on multiple league sources.

Albert Breer:

Per source, Adam Gase has made it clear he'd prefer to wait til after Denver's playoff run to interview for jobs. We'll see if that changes.

La Canfora:

In addition to Josh McDaniels (NE), Dan Quinn (SEA), and Adam Gase (DEN), Browns asked for permission to interview Todd Bowles (AZ)

Adam Gase turns down Cleveland Browns request; Broncos coordinator focused on playoffs - The Denver Post

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Around the League:

Lions have asked for permission to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles, per @AlbertBreer.

Adam Schefter:

Vikings and Browns have submitted permission slips to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles for their HC jobs.

He'd be one of the last guys I'd want to start over with.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

A Harbaugh assistant since 2003 at USD, Tim Drevno (reportedly USC bound) has shared OL duties with Mike Solari past 3 yrs with #49ers.

I'd MUCH rather they take Drevno than Solari. Solari is one of the only really good hires Harbaugh made from the get go, in my opinion.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

A Harbaugh assistant since 2003 at USD, Tim Drevno (reportedly USC bound) has shared OL duties with Mike Solari past 3 yrs with #49ers.

I'd MUCH rather they take Drevno than Solari. Solari is one of the only really good hires Harbaugh made from the get go, in my opinion.

USC confirms:

Sarkisian has also brought in Marques Tuiasosopo (from UW) to coach tight ends and Tim Drevno (from the 49ers) as the offensive line coach.

And technically, Jim didn't technically hire him as Solari was around before him. He did decide to keep him on staff, though, so I'll give him credit for that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

USC confirms:

Sarkisian has also brought in Marques Tuiasosopo (from UW) to coach tight ends and Tim Drevno (from the 49ers) as the offensive line coach.

And technically, Jim didn't technically hire him as Solari was around before him. He did decide to keep him on staff, though, so I'll give him credit for that.

And he'll remain on staff through the playoff run.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Vikings and Browns have submitted permission slips to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles for their HC jobs.

He'd be one of the last guys I'd want to start over with.

Around the League:

Lions have asked for permission to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles, per @AlbertBreer.

Albert Breer:

Wanted to clarify, b/c there was a mix-up on my end ... Lions haven't yet formally contacted AZ on Bowles. My apologies, shouldn't happen.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapoport:

#Browns are pushing to interview #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, per source. First opportunity would be Jan. 5. Nothing firm set up yet.

Here comes the Josh McDaniels/Johnny Manziel train wreck........

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope the NFL raids the Seattle Seagulls for DArrell Bevell and Dan Quinn..

Specifically, if I am Washington, I go after Bevell and if I am Detroit I am going after Dan Quinn to work with that DL talent.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Names, people to keep in mind in coming days | Miami Dolphins In Depth

So allow me to share with you names of people that have to be swirling in Stephen Ross's head now that he's going to "look at everything," as he said about evaluating the Dolphins future direction:

1. Eric Mangini: Ross wanted to hire Mangini prior to the 2011 season but changed course when Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano balked at the idea. Ross loves Mangini, currently a Senior Offensive Consultant for the San Francisco 49ers, for reasons I am not clear on. Mangini obviously has experience as a head coach as well as defensive coordinator but Ross would not limit the consideration of Mangini to a coaching job. Mangini wanted to drive his career toward the front office and so if Ross fires Jeff Ireland, this is a possible GM replacement. Indeed, even if Ross retains Ireland, Mangini might be brought in to oversee both the coach and general manager. Ireland is no longer in the position of strength he enjoyed in 2011 so he'd be unable to dissuade Ross this time.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Person:

Redskins will interview #Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott for head-coaching job this weekend in Charlotte, per league source.

----------------

Albert Breer:

Per source, the Patriots have granted the Browns permission to interview offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

-----------------

Ian Rapoport:

#Redskins plan to interview #Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, per source. Vikings have already put in a request for him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dave Birkett:

I hear the Lions have interest in Seahawks assistant head coach Tom Cable for their HC position. Would add a power element to Lions offense.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any Bill Cowher chatter, or has everyone forgot about him? :noidea: