• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coach Rumors/Firings/Hirings Thread

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Once Josh McDaniels interviews for the Browns job, again, I'll have a helluva time thinking someone else gets it

La Canfora:

In addition to Josh McDaniels (NE), Dan Quinn (SEA), and Adam Gase (DEN), Browns asked for permission to interview Todd Bowles (AZ)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damond Talbot:

Matthew Stafford says he wants to play a part in the next coach but is shut down by the GM Mayhew

-----------------

Adam Schefter:

Another coach the Buccaneers are considering is former Texans HC Gary Kubiak, per league sources.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

#Browns already have their first head coaching candidate lined up: #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. Rising star.

If you were unaware, Quinn also spent time with the 49ers. 2001-02 he was a D-quality control coach and in 2003-04 he coached the DL.

Adam Schefter:

Vikings have requested permission to interview Seahawks DC Dan Quinn, as Browns have.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

#Browns are pushing to interview #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, per source. First opportunity would be Jan. 5. Nothing firm set up yet.

Worst GM ever/ Great HC

Give him no say in the players he wants and the Browns have a chance

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

More from @KimJonesSports & me: Rex is resigned to being extended only thru 2015. Will use it as motivation, believing team will win in ’14.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
La Canfora:

In addition to Josh McDaniels (NE), Dan Quinn (SEA), and Adam Gase (DEN), Browns asked for permission to interview Todd Bowles (AZ)

Mike Garafolo:

Vikings want to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles. And as @JasonLaCanfora reported, so do the Browns.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns firing the coach after 1 year is just another dumb move in a long line of them from that organization. I thought he actually did quite well considering the crappy hand he got dealt.

Dallas continuing to stick with Garret and Romo is mind boggling though. How is not clear to that organization yet that they will never win a title with those two?

Also a bit surprised at the Buc's firing, but I guess enough off the field issues built up to warrant the change.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst GM ever/ Great HC

Give him no say in the players he wants and the Browns have a chance

From everything I've read about him, it's astonishing to me that he might get another opportunity to be a HC this quickly.

Outside of OC, I'd want nothing to do with him as a HC.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns firing the coach after 1 year is just another dumb move in a long line of them from that organization. I thought he actually did quite well considering the crappy hand he got dealt.

Dallas continuing to stick with Garret and Romo is mind boggling though. How is not clear to that organization yet that they will never win a title with those two?

Also a bit surprised at the Buc's firing, but I guess enough off the field issues built up to warrant the change.

Sticking with Romo is mind boggling? Good QBs don't grow on trees.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Adams:

The Falcons have announced that OL coaches Paul Dunn and Pat Hill and DL coach Ray Hamilton will not return for the 2014 season.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ben Volin:

Patriots can decline all requests to interview McDaniels, but can't be selective. Either he can interview for all teams, or none

Something a lot of people might be unaware of.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schefter is reporting that Lovie Smith is on Tampa's radar.

Ian Rapoport:

Impending hire of Jeff Tedford long been discussed internally by Lovie Smith and those close to him. A slam dunk (@JasonPhilCole 1st said)

Good. Go ahead and hire the both of them anybody.

Rick Stroud:

Former Bears coach Lovie Smith will be considered for several coaching openings but those close to him say he's very interested in Bucs job.

Schefter reported that he's the favorite for the Bucs job. Jerry Angelo, who hired Lovie Smith in Chicago, spent 14 years as the Bucs director of player personnel and reportedly could join Lovie Smith there as well.

Rick Stroud:

The #Bucs have made contact with Lovie Smith about their vacant head coaching job.

-----

Adam Schefter:

Former Bears HC Lovie Smith is considered the favorite for the Buccaneers HC job, based on multiple league sources.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Vikings have requested permission to interview Seahawks DC Dan Quinn, as Browns have.

Mike Garafolo:

Vikings want to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles. And as @JasonLaCanfora reported, so do the Browns.

Jason La Canfora:

The Vikings are double dipping on Seattle coordinators - have asked for interviews with both Darrell Bevell and Dan Quinn

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Sounds like Norv Turner will very likely be out of Cleveland no matter what. Very likely they hire a playcaller like McDaniels or Gase

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Around the League:

Lions have asked for permission to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles, per @AlbertBreer.