• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coach Rumors/Firings/Hirings Thread

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

For #Titans opening, when they reached out informally earlier in the week to possible candidates, Darrell Bevell was 1. He’ll have interest

I don't get all the interest.

Might be based on familiarity... Wasn't the current GM for th Titans formerly a part of the Seahawks staff... >?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

One person involved in this NFC game was very, very high on Miami's GM list: Seattle Sr. Exec Scot McCloughan declined interview early on...

McCloughan is very happy w/Seahawks in his current role. Highly esteemed evaluator. Similar to Eric DeCosta (BAL) who also declined Miami

One veteran coordinator who could be paired with Mike Zimmer, should Zim get HC job: Former Jags HC Mike Mularkey. Worked with Matt Ryan

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...stions-facing-Bengals?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

If Zimmer goes, who replaces him?

The best and most logical candidate is someone already on their staff – linebackers coach Paul Guenther. Since Kevin Coyle went to Miami, many have looked at Guenther as an assistant on the rise. He has done great work with the linebackers and was responsible for scouting Emmanuel Lamur and Jayson DiManche while working with Vontaze Burfict. If you didn’t know any better, you would think Burfict has played outside linebacker his entire career.

Gruden would be interested in talking with Guenther as well, but since Guenther is under contract the Bengals can block it. Zimmer would love to have Guenther as well if he went to Minnesota or Tennessee, which is why promoting him makes the best sense.

When discussing staying within staff to fill openings, Lewis said on Friday: “I think it makes a big difference. I think it’s good for our players. As long as we feel the person is qualified.”

If Lewis went outside the staff, a possible name is former Lions head coach Jim Schwartz. Lewis and Schwartz worked together in Baltimore and the two remain close friends. Even if Guenther became defensive coordinator, Schwartz could end up here as linebackers coach, but there remain some reports that he wants to take the year off.

Much like Jackson came here after being fired by the Raiders, becoming a defensive assistant, coming here could benefit Schwartz the same way. Schwartz coached linebackers in Baltimore and Tennessee.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... bad move by Ken, good for Tenn.

Per ESPN, Whisenhunt to Titans...

WOW... thought Detroit was the right place for both sides....

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tits swept in and bitch slapped Detroit. That is funny.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 teams left to go. It would be amazing to have an other year with our staff in place. Please!

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions hired Jim Caldwell, former head coach of the Colts. He has been the OC for the Ravens the past two years.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible Move. Caldwell to the Lions. I dont see that working out much. I would rather have hired Zimmer HC/ Turner as OC and taken Tomsula as DC (assuming I would be allowed to)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Whisenhunt the most for the Lions with Kubiak at 2,....

Caldwell? meh....

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible Move. Caldwell to the Lions. I dont see that working out much. I would rather have hired Zimmer HC/ Turner as OC and taken Tomsula as DC (assuming I would be allowed to)

I agree. However, Caldwell does seem like a very different type of coach than Schwartz. Suh and Caldwell probably won't get along much, but maybe he brings more focus to that locker room? The Ravens Offense was just terrible this year.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. However, Caldwell does seem like a very different type of coach than Schwartz. Suh and Caldwell probably won't get along much, but maybe he brings more focus to that locker room? The Ravens Offense was just terrible this year.

Tomsula would have that Dline in the right attitude in 1 week.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Gehlken:

Chargers have granted Titans permission to interview tight ends coach Jason Michael for their offensive coordinator position, per source.