• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dane Brugler's (Bleacher Report)Eagles mock:
Philadelphia Eagles
1 25 EDGE Clelin Ferrell
2 53 FS Deionte Thompson
2 57 CB Lonnie Johnson
4 127 RB Dexter Williams
4 138 LB Bobby Okereke
5 163 OG/C Hjalte Froholdt
6 197 DL Michael Dogbe

I like the 1st two picks, but the others - I don't know anything about them.
I think that's a brain dead draft.

Who's playing right guard? A sixth round draft pick from last year? A fifth round from this year? Big V?
Your qb got knocked out of the last season because he was taking too many hits and we're going with NOONE and NOTTWO at right guard? That makes no sense to me. There will be a starting calibre interior OL drafted among the first three.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know if I really think about it, I think the Eagles will wind up taking safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. He’s a versatile guy and I think he’ll be the first pick. Anybody watch this guy play at all?

He should be a 2nd round pick. As far as I can tell, it will be a "reach" if we take him in the 1st.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a brain dead draft.

Who's playing right guard? A sixth round draft pick from last year? A fifth round from this year? Big V?
Your qb got knocked out of the last season because he was taking too many hits and we're going with NOONE and NOTTWO at right guard? That makes no sense to me. There will be a starting calibre interior OL drafted among the first three.

That right there makes the best sense I've heard in a long time!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know if I really think about it, I think the Eagles will wind up taking safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. He’s a versatile guy and I think he’ll be the first pick. Anybody watch this guy play at all?

I would not take Safety in Rd 1 ... this is a deep class well into Rd 3. I think there will be guys at the position still there in Rd 2 that are not much of a drop off from the guys possibly going in the late first. Value-wise it serves us better to snag one there. To me Rd 1 has to be OL or DL assuming we stay put.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not take Safety in Rd 1 ... this is a deep class well into Rd 3. I think there will be guys at the position still there in Rd 2 that are not much of a drop off from the guys possibly going in the late first. Value-wise it serves us better to snag one there. To me Rd 1 has to be OL or DL assuming we stay put.
Gotta ask you about possibly taking DT Jeffrey Simmons at 25. Same school as Fletcher Cox and he's a beast. He is coming off a torn ACL, but he was also projected to go somewhere in the teens. I think someone will snag him either late first round of very early 2nd. I'm just thinking damn having Cox and eventually Simon's playing on that line.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask you about possibly taking DT Jeffrey Simmons at 25. Same school as Fletcher Cox and he's a beast. He is coming off a torn ACL, but he was also projected to go somewhere in the teens. I think someone will snag him either late first round of very early 2nd. I'm just thinking damn having Cox and eventually Simon's playing on that line.

The more I looked at Simmons, the less I want him. He's a stack and shed Tackle as opposed to an up the field attacker. Got manhandled in the film I watched against Alabama. Moves great side to side, but I don't see him as anywhere near the player Fletcher Cox is. Combine that with the injury where he may not even play year one and I would not be willing to pick him at 25.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of this draft in two parts. (1) the 1st and 2 2nd round picks that should contribute immediately, and (2) the later picks that will compete for roster spots.

There are already 38 or so spots on this team more or less locked in and only really playing time available at maybe three spots.
(1). Running Back. The Eagles would like that 2nd RB that would fill the Darren Sproles role. Fallback option is Darren Sproles, but the Eagles would prefer to draft a guy in the 1st/2nd to fill that role.
(2) Defensive Tackle. They need that third guy to rotate in.
(3) Linebacker. The 2nd/3rd guys are journeyman and I think the Eagles would like to add a guy there.

I discount the Offensive Line need. If the Eagles weren't comfortable that Brooks would be back, I expect they would have already done something like keep Wiz. If the Eagles draft a player high here, it is because the line is getting old AND they aren't happy with last years 5/6 picks of Pryor and Mailata. First choice is to have these two guys develop.

Not needed: QB, TE, WR, DE, CB and Safety. Some of these are questionable as they could always use a 5th receiver. But at DE and DB, they have great depth already. If they spend high on a CB for instance, it means they will need to cut a player like Jones or Douglas. I can see them adding players layer in the draft but not in the top 3. If they draft a Safety or Corner, it means they see themselves cutting a player like Jones or Douglas.

So I expect the top three picks to ve RB, DT and LB. If we see an Offensive lineman, Corner or Safety sneak in there, it tells us something about what they think of some of their draft picks over the last couple of years.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paris Campbell getting a pre draft visit in Philly. Interesting! A nice weapon for Wentz and a could be a solid returner on ST. His speed is why I think Doug would really consider drafting him in the 2nd round. He can play him anywhere on the offense and opposing defenses would really have to game plan for.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of this draft in two parts. (1) the 1st and 2 2nd round picks that should contribute immediately, and (2) the later picks that will compete for roster spots.

There are already 38 or so spots on this team more or less locked in and only really playing time available at maybe three spots.
(1). Running Back. The Eagles would like that 2nd RB that would fill the Darren Sproles role. Fallback option is Darren Sproles, but the Eagles would prefer to draft a guy in the 1st/2nd to fill that role.
(3) Linebacker. The 2nd/3rd guys are journeyman and I think the Eagles would like to add a guy there.

I discount the Offensive Line need. If the Eagles weren't comfortable that Brooks would be back, I expect they would have already done something like keep Wiz. If the Eagles draft a player high here, it is because the line is getting old AND they aren't happy with last years 5/6 picks of Pryor and Mailata. First choice is to have these two guys develop.

Not needed: QB, TE, WR, DE, CB and Safety. Some of these are questionable as they could always use a 5th receiver. But at DE and DB, they have great depth already. If they spend high on a CB for instance, it means they will need to cut a player like Jones or Douglas. I can see them adding players layer in the draft but not in the top 3. If they draft a Safety or Corner, it means they see themselves cutting a player like Jones or Douglas.

So I expect the top three picks to ve RB, DT and LB. If we see an Offensive lineman, Corner or Safety sneak in there, it tells us something about what they think of some of their draft picks over the last couple of years.

No one comes back from a torn achilles in six months. NO ONE. NOT EVER.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Jacobs and Paris Cambell both in town. Howie doing his homework.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right I dropped out of the 1st round.
It was another 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick.
Value sucked ( but it always does on here cause nobody trades with a damn.)
Two TE's selected in the top 20! Im going to roll the dice and get value out of the second round.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dane Brugler's (Bleacher Report)Eagles mock:
Philadelphia Eagles
1 25 EDGE Clelin Ferrell
2 53 FS Deionte Thompson
2 57 CB Lonnie Johnson
4 127 RB Dexter Williams
4 138 LB Bobby Okereke
5 163 OG/C Hjalte Froholdt
6 197 DL Michael Dogbe

I like the 1st two picks, but the others - I don't know anything about them.
I don't think we take any corners early after bringing back Darby.

Darby, Mills, Maddox, Douglas, Jones, LeBlanc is already 6.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one comes back from a torn achilles in six months. NO ONE. NOT EVER.

Good point. There depth right now is Kelce, Seaumolo, Peters, Johnson and Brooks as the starters and Mailata, Vaitai & Pryor as the backups. The only other rostered player is Kaleb Johnson whose resume reads like a camp body.

Its interesting that both Warmack and Wisniewski and still out there as Free Agents. I have a tough time believing that one or both of them or some other experienced guard wouldn't be here if Roseman was worried about who was starting the first six games at RG.

So just reading the tea leaves, Roseman either believes that (a) Brooks will be just find by the start of the season, and/or (b) that Pryor or Mailata are ready to step in there if needed. If would be good news if the Eagles have that kind of confidence in there young players.

Roseman isn't the sort to put all his hope into a draft pick. He likes to set things up in Free Agency where the draft picks don't need to take on a full time role immediately. I think the Eagles are thinking that their top 7 Offensive Lineman that will be active on game day are already on the Eagles roster....which would mean they like what they have in Mailata and Pryor.

The more interesting perspective is what does 2020 look like? Peters and Kelce could both be gone and now you are looking at potentially starting Pryor (at Guard) and Semaulo (at Center) and Mailata (at Tackle). And even if that is successful, you would need two more offensive lineman. For that reason, I think it is definitely possible and really likely that the Eagles draft an Offensive Lineman. You always need to think two years out. The good news is if they are happy with Pryor and Mailata (which letting Wiz and Warmack walk seems to indicate), they have the luxury of giving the new guy(s) a year on the inactive roster (and possibly waiting til the 4th round to draft them) in prep for the possible retirements in 2020.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely don't need to take one in rd 1 unless we have a true favorite. The top 6 or so could go in any order from 30-70. Our 2nd rounders are perfect to grab one.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Simmons at 25 in DCs mock.
Into round 5 now.
Check it out.
I'm tearing it up!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no future safety on the roster and both starters are too highly paid.

There is no depth on the interior Oline. Only a 7th round rugby payer and inconsistent 5th rounder are depth at tackle. The fuck are you thinking?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right I dropped out of the 1st round.
It was another 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick.
Value sucked ( but it always does on here cause nobody trades with a damn.)
Two TE's selected in the top 20! Im going to roll the dice and get value out of the second round.
Just draft for the trenches and you can't fuck it up.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Offensive Lineman, you almost always want to redshirt them for a year as it is all about teamwork and technique as a unit. At other position like RB or DT, its easier to plug a guy into the rotation to play part time in year one.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Simmons at 25 in DCs mock.
Into round 5 now.
Check it out.
I'm tearing it up!
Rey doesn't seem to like him. I understand he got owned by Bama, but pretty much everybody does. I'm have to go back and watch his film. He's going either first round of very early second. I think the Giants really like him.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no future safety on the roster and both starters are too highly paid.

There is no depth on the interior Oline. Only a 7th round rugby payer and inconsistent 5th rounder are depth at tackle. The fuck are you thinking?
I saw Casserly's updated mock and I hate it. He has us moving up to 22 and taking OT Little. No reason to move up to snag him imo.

Reactions: ctc