• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just draft for the trenches and you can't fuck it up.
Not sure ifif you are serious:noidea: We can absolutely fuck it up the same way Andy did drafting a OT firefighter in the first round.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no future safety on the roster and both starters are too highly paid.

There is no depth on the interior Oline. Only a 7th round rugby payer and inconsistent 5th rounder are depth at tackle. The fuck are you thinking?

I agree that the Safeties will need to be replaced within two years, but I am also not convinced that at least one of the new Safeties isn't already on the roster. Maddox played really well at Safety for a time last year and the Eagles history of viewing all defensive backs as potential players at Corner or Safety. Their overall depth at DB is fine.

That said, I would not be surprised at a 2nd round Safety pick. I think DT and RB in the 1st/2nd is almost a given, but I am less clear about how they view their LB need and the LB prospects? I know they only play two guys most of the time, but is Gerry/Kamu that well thought of? I am not really clear on how comfortable the Eagles are with their linebackers?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Casserly's updated mock and I hate it. He has us moving up to 22 and taking OT Little. No reason to move up to snag him imo.

There isn't and that's why I dropped out of the first round.

I can easily snag Ford, Bradbury, or Risner

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't and that's why I dropped out of the first round.

I can easily snag Ford, Bradbury, or Risner
Wow. Those are great solid choices to choose from.I love Ford, then Bradbury would be my second choice. That would be awesome if the draft happened this way.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DO NOT WANT LITTLE. Unless he drops into the late 2nd or 3rd round (with a trade for a 3rd). He has slow feet, and will be a bust.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DO NOT WANT LITTLE. Unless he drops into the late 2nd or 3rd round (with a trade for a 3rd). He has slow feet, and will be a bust.
not sure if he will be bust, but I agree with you Duke, he should not be drafted in first, but maybe mid second?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Those are great solid choices to choose from.I love Ford, then Bradbury would be my second choice. That would be awesome if the draft happened this way.

Yeah this isn't going to a be some super sexy draft for the Eagles this year.
There needs to be replacements for Oline when folks start to retire, there needs to be an answer for the safeties,
I love Malcom but age is starting to creep up.

Dline, don't need a 5* stud, need younger guys that can come in and compete and just help produce.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Casserly's updated mock and I hate it. He has us moving up to 22 and taking OT Little. No reason to move up to snag him imo.
We need interior Olinemen more than tackles. LG is a question mark. C is going to retire soon. RG is injured. No startable backups.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need interior Olinemen more than tackles. LG is a question mark. C is going to retire soon. RG is injured. No startable backups.
Bradbury fits the bill or draft Michael Jordon who played center and guard at The Ohio State in later round. I think he's projected sometime in third round.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure ifif you are serious:noidea: We can absolutely fuck it up the same way Andy did drafting a OT firefighter in the first round.
OK just don't draft Dalton Risner then. He'll be 24 already by the season.

But I just looked it up and Watkins was fucking 26 already. Imagine beating up on 19 year olds as a 25 year old and then getting drafted in the first round for it.:L

OT: Phillies bullpen :gaah:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradbury fits the bill or draft Michael Jordon who played center and guard at The Ohio State in later round. I think he's projected sometime in third round.
Probably have to take Bradbury at 25. There's a nice meaty part of the third round for guards, but we don't have one.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I just looked it up and Watkins was fucking 26 already. Imagine beating up on 19 year olds as a 25 year old and then getting drafted.

That was the beginning of the end for Andy imo. That draft probably goes down as the worst in Eagle history. If I'm not mistaken, was that the same season he had to bury his son Garret? I loved Andy and try to put the past last couple of years behind me, but Damon they were some dark days for us.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Safeties will need to be replaced within two years, but I am also not convinced that at least one of the new Safeties isn't already on the roster. Maddox played really well at Safety for a time last year and the Eagles history of viewing all defensive backs as potential players at Corner or Safety. Their overall depth at DB is fine.

That said, I would not be surprised at a 2nd round Safety pick. I think DT and RB in the 1st/2nd is almost a given, but I am less clear about how they view their LB need and the LB prospects? I know they only play two guys most of the time, but is Gerry/Kamu that well thought of? I am not really clear on how comfortable the Eagles are with their linebackers?
Bradham is a stud. All they really need is one. He can play any of the LB roles in this defense too.

If they decide Gerry doesn't cut it they can replace him in the 4th/5th with a guy. Grugier-Hill and Worrilow can fill the #2 and #3 LB reps.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in on Bradbury if he's still there at 25. Immediate starter at one of the Guard positions and future Center once Kelce hangs em up (which could be soon). Problem is that quite a few teams ahead of us seem like they could really use him as well.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradham is a stud. All they really need is one. He can play any of the LB roles in this defense too.

If they decide Gerry doesn't cut it they can replace him in the 4th/5th with a guy. Grugier-Hill and Worrilow can fill the #2 and #3 LB reps.

Yeah so that is the thing...Both these linebackers seem to be just "a guy". It would be nice to set another playmaker on the field like Hicks was when healthy. If a Hicks quality of player is available in the 2nd, you jump on him rather than a Safety that likely would be sitting for a year. The right linebacker helps you in 2019, the right Safety would have a tough time getting on the field in 2019.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I just looked it up and Watkins was fucking 26 already. Imagine beating up on 19 year olds as a 25 year old and then getting drafted in the first round for it.:L

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't sleep on LJ Fort. He's a good (not great) LB'er and a good ST player! We just don't another stud LBer other than Bradham. He is also getting up in years. We need to draft a LBer by the 4th round.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in on Bradbury if he's still there at 25. Immediate starter at one of the Guard positions and future Center once Kelce hangs em up (which could be soon). Problem is that quite a few teams ahead of us seem like they could really use him as well.

Rey, I think we can grab an interior OL in the 2nd. I have no problem with Bradbury, but there are several others that would be very good, and available in the 2nd. (I hope).

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on LJ Fort. He's a good (not great) LB'er and a good ST player! We just don't another stud LBer other than Bradham. He is also getting up in years. We need to draft a LBer by the 4th round.

Yeah a good article here on the Linebackers....

Should the Eagles be doing more at linebacker?

They mention Fort as a good pickup. So if Fort and Bradham are 1/2 and the third LB is only a part time position anyways, then that may give them the flexibility to go BPA with that 2nd 2nd round pick.