• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Cutdown day!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of being a fan is always talking about the "what ifs", it is only natural. As a person in the NFL making decisions it will HAUNT you if you think that way. But I am sure they think that way too. :)
I look at this #9 pick as a flow chart

1) Does Denver need a QB? Y / N
2) if Y are there QBs available Y/N
3) if Y are they worth the #9 pick Y/N
4) if Y select QB

What is cool about the draft is anyone can have an opinion (#3) and your opinion will be compared to the opinion of the GM.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Simien released.

Nick Folk released. Quinn Nordin of Michigan is now the Patriots kicker.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Bronco WR Juwann Winfree released by the Packers.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three more moves needed. Cuts or trades. Guessing the phones are active.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three more moves needed. Cuts or trades. Guessing the phones are active.

Going to guess a few decision come to...

Royce Freeman vs Damarea Crockett. Do we possibly trade Freeman to someone like the Ravens who need a RB and then we keep Crockett. If not Crockett goes to the PS and Freeman sticks.

Kary Vincent vs Jamar Johnson? Hoping we keep Johnson. Will be very upset if we don't... Whoever it is do we bring them right back tomorrow with Boone to IR???

I would think Jonathan Harris would be one of the cuts.

Perhaps Cameron Fleming is released but I would think we would pick up an OT for his spot.

Mintze??? Seems like he is on the verge of making it though.

If I had my way we would deal Freeman and keep Crockett around :).

But my best guess is our final 3 cuts are

Crockett
Harris
Vincent (who then comes right back to us when Boone goes to IR) or better yet we may just cut Mintze or Fleming and just re-add them when Boone gets placed on IR as they are less likely to be claimed...

I still have this feeling Fleming will be released and we will pick up another OT. But those cancel each other out so won't predict that right now in my final 3. I don't think we like what we saw form Fleming.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are trying to trade Freeman and Harris.

Thing with Freeman is we may need him now with Boone out but when Boone is back he doesn't really fill a role. Probably want to dangle him when he has some value right before the season.. Then when Boone does come back Crockett can go to the PS. Freeman is ahead of Crockett but we may be thinking 3 weeks from now right now with Freeman.

Harris seems to have some trade value and likely wouldn't make it back to our PS if cut.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Williams and Cleveland a lock for the PS?
Every player waived has to get through waivers. If there are teams that pick them up, they must be added to the 53 man roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows this. That wasn’t what he was getting at.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 make sense to me. No trade on the table for Freeman so send Crockett to the PS once he clears waivers.

Harris over Stephens.... I am glad Denver gave it to the guy that earned it here. Stephen was a Paton guy from Minnesota so seemed like he was never an option to be released in most people's mind but I think they made the right call here. Harris is young and had the better camp.

I didnt expect Crockett to make the 53 but it started to tease me a bit... ;)... Freeman lives on and Crockett can nab one of the PS spots so all is well.

Overeall pretty happy with how we trimmed the roster this offseason. Always a few you hate to see cut but all those guys I hate to see cut should revert back to the PS. Cleveland, Williams, Beyer, Crockett, etc.

Guessing we sign an OT tomorrow when we place Boone on IR instead of bringing back one of our own guys that we just cut. It all makes sense now.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 make sense to me. No trade on the table for Freeman so send Crockett to the PS once he clears waivers.

Harris over Stephens.... I am glad Denver gave it to the guy that earned it here. Stephen was a Paton guy from Minnesota so seemed like he was never an option to be released in most people's mind but I think they made the right call here. Harris is young and had the better camp.

I didnt expect Crockett to make the 53 but it started to tease me a bit... ;)... Freeman lives on and Crockett can nab one of the PS spots so all is well.

Overeall pretty happy with how we trimmed the roster this offseason. Always a few you hate to see cut but all those guys I hate to see cut should revert back to the PS. Cleveland, Williams, Beyer, Crockett, etc.

Guessing we sign an OT tomorrow when we place Boone on IR instead of bringing back one of our own guys that we just cut. It all makes sense now.
Tyrell Crosby cut by the Lions maybe?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klis is saying that we hope to bring Fleming and Stephen back... I guess those may be the guys who come back assuming we place Boone and Ojemudia on IR.

That and maybe with them being vets we don't want to guarantee their contracts for the season.

I really hope we can find something at OT better then bringing Fleming back.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty obvious we were trying to trade Freeman while hanging onto Crockett til the last minute.