• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Coach of The Year

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Lafleur will win it but people cant play both sides of the argument. Fans and pundits alike shit all over Rodgers for two years because he didnt have it anymore. His numbers were no longer otherworldly. So which is it? Lafleur just hitched his wagon to Rodgers that many claimed was washed up or Lafleur revitalized Rodgers by introducing presnap motion to the offense and allowing, other than Adams and Jones, a group of talent limited playmakers to excel.

Lafleur got no credit last year for helping the team rebound for a 13-3 record and has them on a similar pace this year, likely 12-4. As for weapons I love what Lazard brings to the team but did someone on the first page put him and DK in the same group by saying DK wasnt drafted high either?

Now that Pitt has lost and frankly they are lucky to not have 2 or 3 at this point, but they have also gotten shit on by the league schedulers because of COVID, I think Stefanski, Flores and McDermott are the front runners. Tomlin and Lafleur round out the top 5. Reid likely falls into the same category as BB because they both get taken fro granted because they are so good at what they do.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because I’m also stoned

I called for the Skins to win last night on this very board Sunday, the Steelers felt like a team capitalizing on a weak schedule that wasn’t helped by some brutal injuries to some vitally important players. I don’t think the running game gets fixed just because they want it to, and some teams are on an ascent, some on a descent, and the Steelers IMO already played their best football this season
Tough pill to swallow but I have to agree. Steelers run game woes cannot be fixed. It's the product of negligence when their O-line fell off a cliff last year. They thought they could string out 1 more year with it, but its not working out. They do ok in pass-pro, mainly because they just have to play speedbump for 2.5seconds. But they are utter dogshit in the run game. They got around it for a while with jet sweeps but its easy to exploit that once you've seen it on film.

Steelers passing attack works ok, but their receivers are really letting them down. And now that the defense isn't going to contain the opposition to less than 20pts per game... This team is in real trouble.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough pill to swallow but I have to agree. Steelers run game woes cannot be fixed. It's the product of negligence when their O-line fell off a cliff last year. They thought they could string out 1 more year with it, but its not working out. They do ok in pass-pro, mainly because they just have to play speedbump for 2.5seconds. But they are utter dogshit in the run game. They got around it for a while with jet sweeps but its easy to exploit that once you've seen it on film.

Steelers passing attack works ok, but their receivers are really letting them down. And now that the defense isn't going to contain the opposition to less than 20pts per game... This team is in real trouble.

As Bluto said so eloquently, "my advice to you, is to start drinking heavily"

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Bluto said so eloquently, "my advice to you, is to start drinking heavily"
4pkcnk.jpg

MajesticThoseCrow-size_restricted.gif

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna throw this out there. If Stephanski don't win shit's rigged! Who's with me!?
I'll get the supreme court on the phone just in case

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s the Baredevil himself

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Lafleur will win it but people cant play both sides of the argument. Fans and pundits alike shit all over Rodgers for two years because he didnt have it anymore. His numbers were no longer otherworldly. So which is it? Lafleur just hitched his wagon to Rodgers that many claimed was washed up or Lafleur revitalized Rodgers by introducing presnap motion to the offense and allowing, other than Adams and Jones, a group of talent limited playmakers to excel.

Lafleur got no credit last year for helping the team rebound for a 13-3 record and has them on a similar pace this year, likely 12-4. As for weapons I love what Lazard brings to the team but did someone on the first page put him and DK in the same group by saying DK wasnt drafted high either?

Now that Pitt has lost and frankly they are lucky to not have 2 or 3 at this point, but they have also gotten shit on by the league schedulers because of COVID, I think Stefanski, Flores and McDermott are the front runners. Tomlin and Lafleur round out the top 5. Reid likely falls into the same category as BB because they both get taken fro granted because they are so good at what they do.
This the part where haters point out that your division sucks ass?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna throw this out there. If Stephanski don't win shit's rigged! Who's with me!?
It’ll be a minority coach in 2020

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This the part where haters point out that your division sucks ass?
A decent chance they get two teams in the playoffs again this year. Both GB and Minny won playoff games last year.

My biggest issue is he didnt get any props last year. Took a blah team over from MM, who sucked the life out of the team, and came out of nowhere to go 13-3. This year projected to win 9 games and are likely going over that number by at least 2 games. In the end it doesnt matter.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins, yeah I said Redskins, win their division and perhaps a post season game, I would suspect Rivera to get some votes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because I’m also stoned

I called for the Skins to win last night on this very board Sunday, the Steelers felt like a team capitalizing on a weak schedule that wasn’t helped by some brutal injuries to some vitally important players. I don’t think the running game gets fixed just because they want it to, and some teams are on an ascent, some on a descent, and the Steelers IMO already played their best football this season
That sounds an awful lot like the Patriots last season!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds an awful lot like the Patriots last season!

You could be right, not sure if they lost players on the level of impact as a Bush and Dupree, but you’d know better, I really don’t remember

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decent chance they get two teams in the playoffs again this year. Both GB and Minny won playoff games last year.

My biggest issue is he didnt get any props last year. Took a blah team over from MM, who sucked the life out of the team, and came out of nowhere to go 13-3. This year projected to win 9 games and are likely going over that number by at least 2 games. In the end it doesnt matter.
I agree with all of that and frankly, I think LaFleur has done a great job. But we all know how bad McCarthy really is/was at this point and right or wrong, LaFleur will be penalized somewhat just due to having Aaron Rodgers. It's just one those "is what it is" things.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of that and frankly, I think LaFleur has done a great job. But we all know how bad McCarthy really is/was at this point and right or wrong, LaFleur will be penalized somewhat just due to having Aaron Rodgers. It's just one those "is what it is" things.
I agree. He will largely go unnoticed nationally but I do my part to recognize the modernizing of the offense and the entire team is benefitting from it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it should be Flores.
However he wont win it, because the people that vote are usually idiots & put to much emphasis on the win-loss record & not what a coach is working with. So it will go to a coach that has a better record than the Dolphins.
With all the hype on the Browns & add in this is their 1st season in forever where they have a winning season (even though they were predicted to do all this) Stefanski probably is the favorite right now.
Next in line is one of the high end win-loss record coaches (the Tomlins & Paytons, McDermott etc....)
Think Reid will be a victim of his success. Everyone thinks they should be undefeated so even though he is a top coach in the league. Doubt he gets any real consideration.

but if I was one of the voters I would vote for Flores.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raise your hand if you had the Browns 9-3 after twelve games. That's what I thought. Nobody had the Browns winning 9 of their first 12. Yeah I'm being biased. But Stephanski should win it.
Browns are a good team, and with that schedule you should have the record of a good team.