• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach of the year

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has to be ryans or campbell.nobody did better coaching this season.
I could see either for sure but curious why has to be over Stefanski with everything his team went though as far as injuries and being in a much tougher division than either of the other 2.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see either for sure but curious why has to be over Stefanski with everything his team went though as far as injuries and being in a much tougher division than either of the other 2.
he did a lot of good coaching,but not as good as these 2 guys imo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did a lot of good coaching,but not as good as these 2 guys imo.
I get it....genuinely curious why it's your opinion. Not that either deserves it. Just that's it's a no-brainer?

Now if playoffs mattered I get it....but they don't.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it....genuinely curious why it's your opinion. Not that either deserves it. Just that's it's a no-brainer?

Now if playoffs mattered I get it....but they don't.
if i voted,it would be ryans all the way considering how far he took his team this year.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be Campbell, Ryans or Stefanski and I'd be fine with it. My vote would go to Ryans, though. Rookie HC, rookie QB, worst to first in the division when everyone picked them to finish last. I could go with Stefanski, given the injuries the team had, but it's much more rare to pull off what Ryans did.

Such sweet serenity to see Shanahan on that list and not McVay.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i voted,it would be ryans all the way considering how far he took his team this year.
OK, but you do understand the votes are in before the playoffs and at that time he had gone no further than the Browns (in fact, his team was destroyed by the Browns and had a worse record in a weaker division).

I don't mean to rip the guy as he did a hell of a job and is deserving. Only pushing back on the no brainer aspect.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How the fuck is Shanny there? They had high expectations going into the season, so we're going to reward him for not fucking it up. McVay not being a nominee is simply stupid.
Harbaugh has one of the best QBs in the league. If Kyle shouldn't be there, he shouldn't either.

Kyle won't win it but he's done an amazing job. People forget the serious surgery Purdy had and how he was doubtful to start the season. Plus he's basically a rookie this year and with huge expectations, credit to Kyle for living up to them.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to remember that all these awards are for regular season only and are voted on following week 18. What they've done in the play-offs is completely irrelevant.
I would rank them
Stefanik - Cle
Ryans - Hou
Campbell - Det

in that order.
Wont complain of the 1st two.
I'll be ok if the 3rd.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people did better coaching than Campbell.

He should only motivate.

He actually lost his team games by making decisions.
I maintain hope Campbell keeps all the motivational stuff while being better in game. If he does that he is a hall of fame coach. Delicate balance to maintain very aggressive while cutting out mistakes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maintain hope Campbell keeps all the motivational stuff while being better in game. If he does that he is a hall of fame coach. Delicate balance to maintain very aggressive while cutting out mistakes.
I do like the guy and hope he succeeds for a while. Still relatively young so he can continue to grow as a coach.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the argument.
Times I am thinking, sometimes just read the room & maybe dont go all in.
but
there are times he is the only one making those decisions & they work, which could be the reason you guys win down the road (weighing all the immeasurables) Momentum ensech. But since it wasnt at end of game or whatever we dont focus on those facts. Meaning coaching the way he does you take good with bad & the final account is he has the Lions in the Championship game doing it his way.
Thats gotta mean something, while we put anything we see as a mistake under a microscope. Especially since he is unconventional. I think he is definitely in the running for COTY, but I would just have him coming in 3rd. (for same points you point out) But with everything nowadays being media driven. he might win.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the argument.
Times I am thinking, sometimes just read the room & maybe dont go all in.
but
there are times he is the only one making those decisions & they work, which could be the reason you guys win down the road (weighing all the immeasurables) Momentum ensech. But since it wasnt at end of game or whatever we dont focus on those facts. Meaning coaching the way he does you take good with bad & the final account is he has the Lions in the Championship game doing it his way.
Thats gotta mean something, while we put anything we see as a mistake under a microscope. Especially since he is unconventional. I think he is definitely in the running for COTY, but I would just have him coming in 3rd. (for same points you point out) But with everything nowadays being media driven. he might win.
I love the dude, I think he is a great coach, I just think he has the potential to be an all time great. I am hopeful we get to see it.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMeco Ryans should definitely win. No one gave the Texans a chance at the playoffs, he completely turned around a franchise that had been lousy for a few years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but you do understand the votes are in before the playoffs and at that time he had gone no further than the Browns (in fact, his team was destroyed by the Browns and had a worse record in a weaker division).

I don't mean to rip the guy as he did a hell of a job and is deserving. Only pushing back on the no brainer aspect.
Texans ceiling was 2 wins with a rookie QB and rookie coach. What Cleveland endured was pretty remarkable but I wouldn't say it was franchise changing.