• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Tomlin, coach of the year?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How spoiled is one really to expect a playoff win every half decade or so? I mean, seriously?

There is a total disconnect between the image of Mike Tomlin the coach projected in the national media and the reality on the ground that we as Steelers fans have directly observed for years now.
Tebow happens....

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin did a good job of taking over for Cowher and keeping the system going but as more captains and veterans left the team and it became all on Tomlin, the Steelers have not seemed the same. Despite the QB situation the past few years, the rest of the team is not like Steelers teams we are used to at all. I like Tomlin but I hope he moves on, I want to see Steelers back as a contender again, that division is very fun when Ravens and Steelers are good.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not no more :suds:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week makes it pretty clear that the players, particularly on the offense, have given up.

They aren't trying. They know its a waste of time, and they are tuning Tomlin out just going through the motions to end this season.

Tomlin's fault too, for bring Canada back to waste everyone's time.

I will actually be surprised (and disgusted) if Tomlin is back for next season. That's how you truly lose the fandom.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of anticipated this train wreck years ago, but I never really imagined it would end THIS badly for Tomlin.

The inconsistencies and questionable preparation of the team have persisted for a long time, but it's starting to look like the team has flat out quit on him.

I just do not see how the Steelers can bring him back next year. Final year of his contract or not.

No legitimate rebuild can begin until he's gone. The Steelers have kind of been in a rebuild for a few years now, one could argue, with virtually no progress being made.

There's no guarantee the next coach will be any better, but so what? At some point, they have to go in a different direction.
The Chargers obviously quit on their coach. The 7-7 Steelers have not.

But man whoever made this OP is an idiot

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I still feel like the texans HC has a shot, but what the Browns HC has done with his MASH unit. Has to be considered. Then there is Dan Campbell. Who still has a shot at the #1 seed.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've never disputed he's a good coach I just don't think he's an all-time elite coach and more often than naught he'll leave you wanting.

He hasn't won a Super Bowl in 14 years

Hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 12 years

Hasn't been to an AFC Championship in 6 years

And from the last Super Bowl run in 2010 till the current day they only have one AFC Championship appearance. I'm going to imagine almost every Steeler fan here will agree that they've had teams talented enough to where they should have at least more AFC Championship appearances if not more Super Bowl appearances as well.

I'd argue he's the worse kind of coach to have because he's too good to get fired but not good enough to really win you anything unless stars align perfectly.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never disputed he's a good coach I just don't think he's an all-time elite coach and more often than naught he'll leave you wanting.

He hasn't won a Super Bowl in 14 years

Hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 12 years

Hasn't been to an AFC Championship in 6 years

And from the last Super Bowl run in 2010 till the current day they only have one AFC Championship appearance. I'm going to imagine almost every Steeler fan here will agree that they've had teams talented enough to where they should have at least more AFC Championship appearances if not more Super Bowl appearances as well.

I'd argue he's the worse kind of coach to have because he's too good to get fired but not good enough to really win you anything unless stars align perfectly.
Some good point but even if you're wrong, the Steelers don't fire coaches. Like they literally do not do that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely looking at either Stefanski in Cleveland or whichever team gets into the play-offs between Houston(Ryans) and Indy (Steichen). All things considered, I'd likely pick Stefanski with the way he's band-aided this thing together.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, in the end probably goes to Ryans. But he did get this team with no QB to 10-7 in a tough division and maybe even the playoffs.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good point but even if you're wrong, the Steelers don't fire coaches. Like they literally do not do that.
This is a fact. They have had only 3 head coaches in over 50 years. Noll. Cowher. Tomlin.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fact. They have had only 3 head coaches in over 50 years. Noll. Cowher. Tomlin.
one of the more impressive things in the NFL ever if you ask me.