• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC/AFC Best Team Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Mebert

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever watch the home run derby but I bet on Stanton and I guess he won...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever watch the home run derby but I bet on Stanton and I guess he won...

He was hitting well before All star break and continued his hot hitting tonight.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hitting well before All star break and continued his hot hitting tonight.

Guess I should have bet more! lolzzz I have always thought the home run derby was stupid but I guess most fair weather fans like it so...

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I should have bet more! lolzzz I have always thought the home run derby was stupid but I guess most fair weather fans like it so...

Even the most cynical person can't say Stanton's performance wasn't awesome to watch.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the most cynical person can't say Stanton's performance wasn't awesome to watch.

I didnt mean it like that I guess he crushed the record but I have always been a fan of a 2-1 game, great pitching, good defense and a triple leading off the 9th in a 1-1 game. I've just never been a big oooh ah home run guy fan. And why I gotta be cynical?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we might be done for the night...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we might be done for the night...

If we post on Team Thread our starters does that mean we are done drafting? Do we have to continue drafting is what I am asking?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finish the draft.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember there can be trades made after the draft is complete.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finish the draft.

Well I agree we should finish the draft but do we have to wait for the guys 2hrs if they posted their team already? Like for me I say send me a text or tag me in a post saying I can pick when it's my turn then skip/move on. I'll pick my players I'm pretty sure I'll drop later. I just feel if you post your team on team thread we shouldn't have to wait 2hrs for you. Just my :2cents:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to tell you to do that when I am on the clock. Text me to let me know, but skip me, Cuz I don't want to hold the draft up if I can't pick right away.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to address Dave Robinson, and not the Center for the Spurs... He is 1 of 27 LBs in the HOF... Of those 27 only 9 are primarily 4-3 OLBs in the draft (I have 2)...

Bobby Bell
Derrick Brooks
Chris Doleman
Jack Ham
Chris Hanburger
Ted Hendricks
Dave Robinson
Junior Seau
Chris Wilcox

While Hanburger gets some respect, Robinson who played from 1963-1974 is still 7th alltime among ALL LBs regardless of what specific spot they play with 27 official ints... I find it rediculous that Milk felt him to be a "throw in" in a deal I offered... That is all... :tsk:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I didn't say you said all Blacks were criminals... I'm saying that Black on Black crime is the first response to when police violence comes into question... Its proximity, Blacks commit more crime vs other Blacks because Blacks are around more Blacks... Just like Whites commit more crime vs other Whites then any other race... When the tag line "Black on Black crime" is thrown out there, what's the first picture that comes to your mind...? It's probably the same picture every person sees... One "thug" shooting another with his gun turned side ways... Now what picture do you see when I say White on White crime... I personally am drawing a blank yet we know it happens... As for your parents, I'm sorry to hear that... I'd hoped you wouldn't blame an entire race for what a drunk mob did to your parents, but I believe a lesser person may...

I don't speak for the Black community, I'm not Black so my experience isn't the same... My thoughts come from discussions I've had and/or heard... Points that were made that stuck with me... The hardest thing I had to do to understand the complaints of their community is take myself out of the discussion... Point in case, I stated all Black people aren't criminals, you asked me when did you say that... While I didn't say you said that, you inferred I said it because I posted your reference to the Black on Black narrative... You never said 70% of Black children are going to be criminals with your statement that 70% of them are born out of wedlock, however one could infer that by your statement... The reality is that stat is a bit misleading... A study came out after that which shows Black fathers are more involved in their child's life when not in the household than any other race, but the doesn't fit the narrative so it goes unnoticed... It also doesn't show the household who are a 2 parent household but just aren't married...

As for slavery not holding a spot in today's society... I met my wife's great grand mother before she died, she was 104 when she passed... She was born to former slaves on a plantation where they were share choppers... 5 generations separate my wife from slavery, however she grew up with a person 1 generation removed... But that's not really the point... The point is that society was build for one group of people to succeed for hundreds of years while it was built for the other to stay uneducated brutes... It's not something that just changes over night... There are many examples of Black people who are successful, however there are many still struggling... You don't think poverty is a direct connection to that...? Blacks have the poorest communities, have the most unemployment, and in turn have the highest incarceration rate... You're answer might then be, well tell them to go to college and they can get a job and change that... Well take a look at this...

A Black Male With A Degree And A White High School Grad Have The Same Chances Of Getting A Job
White High School Drop-Outs Are As Likely To Land Jobs As Black College Students

That alone tells you it's systemic... We can go on and on, and if you'd like I don't mind... But in the interest of not taking away from the drafts I'll agree to disagree after posting this long ass post lol... But I have no problem continuing should you or anyone else would like to...:suds:
Lost my home to fire when I was 10, moved to the city and spend 2 years at Booker T Washington. In retrospect, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't have a racist bone in my body. That being said, when I hear slavery brought 2016, it's a disconnect for me. After we lost our home and everything we had, my brother and I shared a toothbrush and used salt because we couldn't afford toothpaste. I had yearbook pictures in the same shirt 3 years in a row. When I was in High School, I worked 2-6 am every morning, 6-10 every night, and 12-16 hours a day on the weekends...reason being, taking charity when I was 10 tasted like a glass of horsepiss straight out of the microwave. I put myself through college, then my wife. We aren't rich by any stretch, but we've got 4 boys and are putting my two oldest through college and have never taken a dime from anyone. If someone in this country claims they never had a chance because of slavery 2 centuries ago, I suggest to them they find a work ethic

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost my home to fire when I was 10, moved to the city and spend 2 years at Booker T Washington. In retrospect, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't have a racist bone in my body. That being said, when I hear slavery brought 2016, it's a disconnect for me. After we lost our home and everything we had, my brother and I shared a toothbrush and used salt because we couldn't afford toothpaste. I had yearbook pictures in the same shirt 3 years in a row. When I was in High School, I worked 2-6 am every morning, 6-10 every night, and 12-16 hours a day on the weekends...reason being, taking charity when I was 10 tasted like a glass of horsepiss straight out of the microwave. I put myself through college, then my wife. We aren't rich by any stretch, but we've got 4 boys and are putting my two oldest through college and have never taken a dime from anyone. If someone in this country claims they never had a chance because of slavery 2 centuries ago, I suggest to them they find a work ethic

It's been less than 2 centuries but I get your point... I think what is getting lost is that slavery the act was over in 1865, but the effects are what I'm referring to... Is it your position that Blacks don't have a strong work ethic...? Let's just say yes, not that that's your position but for devils advocate sake... I just posted a link that show college educated Blacks have the same opportunity as a White person that dropped out of high... That's not lack of work ethic let's be honest...

The problem isn't slavery... It's what slavery did to all of the country... Making it illegal for slaves to read keeps them ignorant, those who dared learn were often times killed and/or beaten... So your great great grandfather taught his son education is important while his counterpart taught his son to stay away to survive... Your great great grandfather worked hard to buy land to take care of his family... His counterpart was not only not paid but oft times his family was sold away so they wouldn't build a community... Id like to go on but I'm being pulled away right now... But there is a connection to the Black community being poor and it started during slavery...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to address Dave Robinson, and not the Center for the Spurs... He is 1 of 27 LBs in the HOF... Of those 27 only 9 are primarily 4-3 OLBs in the draft (I have 2)...

Bobby Bell
Derrick Brooks
Chris Doleman
Jack Ham
Chris Hanburger
Ted Hendricks
Dave Robinson
Junior Seau
Chris Wilcox

While Hanburger gets some respect, Robinson who played from 1963-1974 is still 7th alltime among ALL LBs regardless of what specific spot they play with 27 official ints... I find it rediculous that Milk felt him to be a "throw in" in a deal I offered... That is all... :tsk:

Doleman was mostly a DE.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt mean it like that I guess he crushed the record but I have always been a fan of a 2-1 game, great pitching, good defense and a triple leading off the 9th in a 1-1 game. I've just never been a big oooh ah home run guy fan. And why I gotta be cynical?

Didn't say you were