• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC/AFC Best Team Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been less than 2 centuries but I get your point... I think what is getting lost is that slavery the act was over in 1865, but the effects are what I'm referring to... Is it your position that Blacks don't have a strong work ethic...? Let's just say yes, not that that's your position but for devils advocate sake... I just posted a link that show college educated Blacks have the same opportunity as a White person that dropped out of high... That's not lack of work ethic let's be honest...

The problem isn't slavery... It's what slavery did to all of the country... Making it illegal for slaves to read keeps them ignorant, those who dared learn were often times killed and/or beaten... So your great great grandfather taught his son education is important while his counterpart taught his son to stay away to survive... Your great great grandfather worked hard to buy land to take care of his family... His counterpart was not only not paid but oft times his family was sold away so they wouldn't build a community... Id like to go on but I'm being pulled away right now... But there is a connection to the Black community being poor and it started during slavery...
I never said black people don't have a work ethic, I said anyone who claims slavery had anything to do with their not bettering themselves in 2016 needs to find a work ethic. In other words, quit making excuses. It's the reason I posted what I did about my life. It would not have mattered if my great great grandfather were the poorest man on Earth or The Count of Monte Cristo. When we lost our home and every possession we had, we were as poor as poor gets. My Dad worked 16 hours a day, 5-6 days a week to get us back on our feet, and my Brother and I worked two jobs apiece when we were in High School.
For the record, if I had been alive during the Civil War, I would have fought and maybe died with the North. Slavery is something that is hard to believe ever happened, but it did. But today, LeBron is making pretty good money. Denzel is getting paid pretty well. And if I am mot mistaken, a Black man has been the President of the United States for the last 8 years. If a kid from a minority wants to go to college, and they happen to be poor, grant money is very easy to come by, and if they do well in high school, they will have a free ride. Using slavery today is a crutch, an excuse that is no different than excuses whites or any other race might use if they don't make it, and those excuses are what hold ANY people back from reaching their goals. There is an equal opportunity for everyone in this country if they go get it. JMO

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted WLK

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been less than 2 centuries but I get your point... I think what is getting lost is that slavery the act was over in 1865, but the effects are what I'm referring to... Is it your position that Blacks don't have a strong work ethic...? Let's just say yes, not that that's your position but for devils advocate sake... I just posted a link that show college educated Blacks have the same opportunity as a White person that dropped out of high... That's not lack of work ethic let's be honest...

The problem isn't slavery... It's what slavery did to all of the country... Making it illegal for slaves to read keeps them ignorant, those who dared learn were often times killed and/or beaten... So your great great grandfather taught his son education is important while his counterpart taught his son to stay away to survive... Your great great grandfather worked hard to buy land to take care of his family... His counterpart was not only not paid but oft times his family was sold away so they wouldn't build a community... Id like to go on but I'm being pulled away right now... But there is a connection to the Black community being poor and it started during slavery...

We are at least 6 - 7 generations removed from slavery, why would a slave in 1850 not being allowed to read hold back a black man/woman in 1966, 1996 or 2016 from bettering themselves? Blaming the failures of a young black man today on his great great great great grandfather not being allowed to better himself is nothing more than an excuse. Nobody in the 7 generations since was able to better their situation for themselves or their family?

You do realize that there are still slaves in Africa right? I can't imagine many black folks would wanna move back to Africa now, there is not alot of prosperity there right now. It always makes me wonder why nobody talks about the fact that slaves in America were slaves in Africa. Do black folks think they would have better lives if they had remained slaves in Africa? Why aren't they upset with black slave owners for selling them to whites? All we ever really hear is the white man keeping the black man down but like I stated before why don't we ever hear black leaders talk about thousands of whites died fighting to end slavery, why don't we ever hear any blame being placed on black slave owners? Liberals want to keep black folks down becuase they know they can keep promising them a better live without ever giving them anything and they will contune voting for them, it's been happening for 50+ years.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will text Ritz and WLK

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text milk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Purguy

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff Matchups Play-in Games

500 vs Johnny winner faces WLK
Nos vs EHB winner faces Mebert
Shane vs Ritz winner faces UK
Milk vs Purguy winner faces Femur

1st Round Byes

Femur
UK
Mebert
WLK

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are allowed to change lineups for different rounds correct?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Mebert

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EHB (skipped been 2hrs), Shane (said to skip his 2nd pick), 500 said to skip him, so Mebert is back OTC and texted