• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next off-season Draft/moves predictions for this season's playoff teams:

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only there was some way we could let this play out...

There is... I asked you, what you would you do between:

1. choosing to chase a better team that is 3.5 games ahead of you with 28 remaining, or...
2. Tank some games, perhaps drop a seed to 7th from 6th in the playoffs ranking, but win a pick that can be up to 16th next to the 25th you already got...

But instead of you admitting the obvious, you've changed the subject, have jumped off the boat and implemented that I ever said OKC will be a "tanking team" and additionally suggested "you mentoring me" (lol) on understanding basketball...

Never the less, I'll try my best to help you understand!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is... I asked you, what you would you do between:

1. choosing to chase a better team that is 3.5 games ahead of you with 28 remaining, or...
2. Tank some games, perhaps drop a seed to 7th from 6th in the playoffs ranking, but win a pick that can be up to 16th next to the 25th you already got...

But instead of you admitting the obvious, you've changed the subject, have jumped off the boat and implemented that I ever said OKC will be a "tanking team" and additionally suggested "you mentoring me" (lol) on understanding basketball...

Never the less, I'll try my best to help you understand!

I don't believe Utah is 'better' than OKC.

OKC already has a bright future, but developing and maintaining a winning culture is probably more important right now than tinkering to perhaps save a late 1st round draft pick that may or may not be useful. Billy Donovan would lose the locker room if he went in there and started benching players for load management and diagramming plays to not work.

You are overvaluing a late 1st round pick and underestimating that a team that has gotten this far this fast just can't take their foot off the gas pedal.

Keep moving the goalposts, though.
That and jumping to conclusions seems like the only exercise you're going to get...

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in OKC they are much more clever than that...

To chase the 4th seed, means "small" temporary income, but if they finish 6th or 7th, means much more many future $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

They are the only team in the playoffs that have a core of veterans capable of keeping them in the playoffs and a ton of picks to use in trades or draft in the following seasons and be back into contending fast... There is nothing more beneficial for them than drafting well this year and having two picks, increases their chances by a lot to add another next to SGA... Having two picks, increases the probabilities for one to work well vastly... and they don't need more than one to add in their core roster, but what if both work? Then their position with respect to best out of the competition becomes hugely better, doesn't it?

They blew the team up last year and ended up in the same position this year as well as saving some ...120M from avoiding to pay the repeaters and the lux... Do you honestly think they will risk making some "peanuts" more this season, than accelerating to be back into contending within a season? What would you do if you was them?

You really think that they'll prioritize a higher seed over achieving "the fastest rebuilt ever"? ...and then when it's the Jazz they'll have to overtake, which means that the probabilities are heavily against them? They are already 3.5 games behind with 28 remaining and the Jazz are a significantly better team and you say it's to their benefit to let the Sixers get what will be the 18th pick for them but 21st for the Sixers and try to achieve the (almost) impossible instead which would be to overtake the Jazz in the ranking?

My guess is that they'll tank and drop to 7th instead, in order to make that pick 17th, or even 16th if they can.

Are you seriously suggesting, that a team with a shot at a home playoff series, is going to tank their way to a lower playoff seed? You seriously are an idiot. You understand nothing about basketball. You should probably try to play Fantasy Accounting because all you seem to care about in the sport is the financials.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entertaining at first but entertaining over time is someone that actually can hold a decent conversation and propose some logical points or arguments...you don't have to hold a great conversation or even a good one, we ask for decent. Making stupid points over and over and not making any sense...it just gets annoying when you are in the NBA forum and you know nothing about the game of basketball but you pretend to know everything. It isn't even funny...it's just sad.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously suggesting, that a team with a shot at a home playoff series, is going to tank their way to a lower playoff seed? You seriously are an idiot. You understand nothing about basketball. You should probably try to play Fantasy Accounting because all you seem to care about in the sport is the financials.

This all started when buckalis realized his original assessment was incorrect and there was a pretty good chance that the Sixers would have a 1st round pick, which to his credit, he admitted.

Then he doubled down and had to convince himself that there's no way that would happen and that OKC would tank a couple of games to ensure their lower seeding, at the risk of sacrificing, oh, their entire team chemistry and everything else that they have built up this year.

Seriously, it must make total sense to him.
That's his hill and he's dying on it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entertaining at first but entertaining over time is someone that actually can hold a decent conversation and propose some logical points or arguments...you don't have to hold a great conversation or even a good one, we ask for decent. Making stupid points over and over and not making any sense...it just gets annoying when you are in the NBA forum and you know nothing about the game of basketball but you pretend to know everything. It isn't even funny...it's just sad.

He's just trolling for this exact response.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the only one that is the idiot between the two of us, is you and then on everything you ever post in here!

A complete jerk who also alters the meaning of what has been said

Never the less, I'll try and mentor you some knowledge into your ignorance, although I doubt it will help improving your sick situation...

In any business which has the final decision to take in terms of how they'll progress next, there will be a meeting that will revise the up to now results...

In OKC the results have been exceptional up to now:
1. They have saved 120M
2. They've ripped off to their benefit the other sides in all the deals they've had this season.
3. They ended up to be as good as they were before with respect to competition.

Therefore, when it comes into deciding how they proceed for the rest of the season, the open choices are
1. Try to rank up higher... Probability of success: maybe 5% is optimistic.
2. Stay put and win an extra pick... Probability of success: 100%

Of course only an utter idiot like you would suggest to take the 1st over the 2nd...

Then they'll decide on the policy they'll follow in order to maximise the 2nd, (which is what they'll of course do because they are not utter idiots like you are) and the choices are:

1. Tank games and maximize the pick.
2. Take a look how final rankings on the West will be, chose the opponent you want for the 1st round and try to match with that team...

They'll decide to the 2nd... If it is the Clippers that they'll look favorite to get the 2nd place at the end, they'll try the best not to end 7th... If however it is one out of Denver or Utah that will look the favorite to end up 2nd, then yes, they'll try to tank even more games (risking the Mavs to do the same), maximize the pick and avoid the Clippers in the 1st round and go against the Nuggets or the Jazz from the 7th seed...

But as I said... utter idiots like you, are utter idiots exactly because they can't think that much...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therefore, when it comes into deciding how they proceed for the rest of the season, the open choices are

*snip useless gibberish*

You literally just made up that 5% value.

OKC is only 2 games behind Houston and 3.5 games behind Utah.

If they pass HOU, I like their chances against Utah in the 1st round (they've already split their first 2 with 2 more to go).
Doesn't matter if they pass Utah, but having HCA is certainly worth trying for, especially if you want to make a mark in the playoffs. Their chances of beating Utah are much higher than playing either LA team or having to beat Denver in Denver.

There will be no tank in OKC.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally just made up that 5% value.

OKC is only 2 games behind Houston and 3.5 games behind Utah.

If they pass HOU, I like their chances against Utah in the 1st round (they've already split their first 2 with 2 more to go).
Doesn't matter if they pass Utah, but having HCA is certainly worth trying for, especially if you want to make a mark in the playoffs. Their chances of beating Utah are much higher than playing either LA team or having to beat Denver in Denver.

There will be no tank in OKC.
It "worths trying for" from a Sixers fan's POV, who hopes the best outcome to for the Sixers... Not from OKC's F.O. POV, who want the best for their team's future after having already achieved much more than what they were hoping for before the season started...

Deciding in favor of the insane to chase a better team which is 3.5 games ahead with 28 games remaining and additionally loose the 18th pick would get the one that suggests it as a proposal get fired from the board in OKC...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It "worths trying for" from a Sixers fan's POV, who hopes the best outcome to for the Sixers... Not from OKC's F.O. POV, who want the best for their team's future after having already achieved much more than what they were hoping for before the season started...

Deciding in favor of the insane to chase a better team which is 3.5 games ahead with 28 games remaining and additionally loose the 18th pick would get the one that suggests it as a proposal get fired from the board in OKC...

And now you've hedged your bet by going with the 18th pick instead of the 16th pick that you mentioned earlier.
Brilliant.

So, in conclusion :

1) It's not worth trying to win in the 1st round and gain some meaningful playoff experience for a team that should be going back repeatedly for the next couple of years

2) It's better to tank a few games, destroy team chemistry, piss off the coach, and gamble on a late 1st round pick, of which the charts tell us is all a crapshoot anyway after the first few picks

Outstanding!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A winner if I ever saw one...

#deadon:clap:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it's not a life time... it's the 4th year in five, not four continuous without being repeaters tax eligible... It means that if you are two continuous "under", then you have three continuous "over" to play with...

It will be stupid to go "over" next season and then go back "under" only a season later in order to avoid the repeaters tax obligation...

It would be wasteful to not go all in as often as possible for as long as Curry is in or near his prime.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earn more respect by not posting insulting videos and especially so if there is no reason for acting like the jerk you are, in any of your multi accounts here fuckface!

Multi-accounts, lol? Who else do you think I'm posting as? This is my only ID here for the entirety of my time on this site.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the only one that is the idiot between the two of us, is you and then on everything you ever post in here!

A complete jerk who also alters the meaning of what has been said

Never the less, I'll try and mentor you some knowledge into your ignorance, although I doubt it will help improving your sick situation...

In any business which has the final decision to take in terms of how they'll progress next, there will be a meeting that will revise the up to now results...

In OKC the results have been exceptional up to now:
1. They have saved 120M
2. They've ripped off to their benefit the other sides in all the deals they've had this season.
3. They ended up to be as good as they were before with respect to competition.

Of course only an utter idiot like you would suggest to take the 1st over the 2nd...

Then they'll decide on the policy they'll follow in order to maximise the 2nd, (which is what they'll of course do because they are not utter idiots like you are) and the choices are:

1. Tank games and maximize the pick.
2. Take a look how final rankings on the West will be, chose the opponent you want for the 1st round and try to match with that team...

They'll decide to the 2nd... If it is the Clippers that they'll look favorite to get the 2nd place at the end, they'll try the best not to end 7th... If however it is one out of Denver or Utah that will look the favorite to end up 2nd, then yes, they'll try to tank even more games (risking the Mavs to do the same), maximize the pick and avoid the Clippers in the 1st round and go against the Nuggets or the Jazz from the 7th seed...

But as I said... utter idiots like you, are utter idiots exactly because they can't think that much...

Please show us an example of any playoff team tanking for draft position without reaching the lottery.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now you've hedged your bet by going with the 18th pick instead of the 16th pick that you mentioned earlier.
Brilliant.

So, in conclusion :

1) It's not worth trying to win in the 1st round and gain some meaningful playoff experience for a team that should be going back repeatedly for the next couple of years

2) It's better to tank a few games, destroy team chemistry, piss off the coach, and gamble on a late 1st round pick, of which the charts tell us is all a crapshoot anyway after the first few picks

Outstanding!

Who said they won't try to win the 1st round? They'll give everything they have to win it!

What and how destroys the team's chemistry? what pisses off the coach?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show us an example of any playoff team tanking for draft position without reaching the lottery.

I don't know that this scenario is even possible hahaha. That defies all reasonable logic. "tanking" for a non-lottery draft position...

source.gif

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please remind me of a similar situation existing before in the past...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be wasteful to not go all in as often as possible for as long as Curry is in or near his prime.
why is it "wasteful" to chose in favor of the 2nd season if going into the tax in one over the two following seasons causes repeaters tax for the following seasons?

It's the opposite actually, because if they prefer the 2nd season, they additionally gain another two seasons following they can be in the lux tax without being repeaters tax eligible.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please remind me of a similar situation existing before in the past...

They don't because it doesn't even occur to playoff teams to tank, and that draft pick late in the first round of next year's draft isn't valuable enough to risk alienating your fan base (and roster, for that matter). That pick becomes 2 future 2nds if not conveyed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it "wasteful" to chose in favor of the 2nd season if going into the tax in one over the two following seasons causes repeaters tax for the following seasons?

It's the opposite actually, because if they prefer the 2nd season, they additionally gain another two seasons following they can be in the lux tax without being repeaters tax eligible.

The Warriors aren't going to concern themselves with luxury tax penalties while their core group is in their prime and healthy. Their new arena will rake in the money when everyone is healthy and winning and make up a portion of those tax penalties.