• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next off-season Draft/moves predictions for this season's playoff teams:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't, absolutely no chance they will... To significantly increase their current chances, it would mean adding a 30+M contract via trade, because no exception can get you that much back, the exceptions they have they'll use to add role players for higher than min. contracts.

Then they'll try to "buy" Giannis on a "sign and trade" from the Bucks a season later (as will another 28 teams in the league)... If they go over the tax next season, it will mean that they'll be the only team out in pursuing Giannis an off-season later...

Joe Lacob...You know the team owner...has already spoken contrary to what you're stating.

Warriors Owners Wants To Go All-In Over The Next 2 Years For Steph Curry

“Our payroll right now, right now, is well over $200 (million) for next year (counting luxury-tax penalties). People don’t do the math to understand it. We know what it’s going to be. It’s going to be the highest payroll we’ve ever had next year. We know that. The question is how high. If there’s a trade-exception (deal) that we really want, that’s worth it, let’s consider it. Mid-level exception? Very likely to use,” Joe Lacob said.

“The first pick in the draft, if we were to get that? With luxury tax, (that contract would be) huge. Really, the emphasis is on next year. The next two years, our window — Steph’s last two years under contract, before we hopefully bring him back again — we need to field the best possible team we can. That was the emphasis.”

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comedy gold...this kid will never learn how the NBA and the cap works lolzzz

I've literally refuted him on everything and he just keeps moving the goal posts.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've literally refuted him on everything and he just keeps moving the goal posts.

Buddy... I'm the one that refuted you on everything... Open your head and stuff it in...

"GSW ain't going above the lux tax threshold next season!"

What your owner says, is what every owner says... it's what you and the other team fans want to hear that he will say!

If the warriors can buy the 1st pick for instance, they will! But then expect them to off-load salary mid season like they did with Russell this season. It's 21/22 they'll consider to go into the tax so that they'll have an additional two seasons to stay there, without being eligible to pay "repeaters"... It's 5th time and 2nd day I continue to say the same... Won't quote back on the same again!

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earn more respect with honey motherfucker.

You earn more respect by not posting insulting videos and especially so if there is no reason for acting like the jerk you are, in any of your multi accounts here fuckface!

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I do not read everything you post. I have not seen any explanation of how you mix up the Jazz and Heat regularly and am genuinely interested since they are so different.

So,by your estimate the Jazz are already better than the Nuggets and will add another piece. While I also think they are better on paper, games are not played on paper and this team has failed to completely gel and in reality trail the Nuggets. And I assume that the Nuggets can also work to improve their roster. I just don't see, even with your above analysis how these team get better enough to overtake the Nuggets, or enough of them can that they would not be a top 8 seed.
if you think so... I think different, alright?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earn more respect by not posting insulting videos and especially so if there is no reason for acting like the jerk you are, in any of your multi accounts here fuckface!

If you can't laugh at the reference I posted, I can't help you.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One factor that can affect this summer's off-season for the Lakers and the Bucks, is what the Lakers will decide to do with (restricted free agent) Kostas Antetokounmpo who would surely interest the Bucks to sign on a regular contract...

OTOH, Lebron James and Eric Bledsoe of the Bucks are very close friends and it is widely known that Lebron asked the Cavs to pursue and land Bledsoe in Cleveland during the 2018-19 season, after Bledsoe had asked out from Phoenix.

Report: LeBron still mad the Cavaliers didn't trade for Paul George, Eric Bledsoe

Bledsoe was training with Lebron during the 2018 off-season and before he made it public and asked out from the Suns, he already had changed his manager agency to "Klatch sports"...

Could perhaps a trade that would bring Bledsoe to the Lakers happen if the Lakers would propose a package build around Kuzma and Kostas on a sign and trade with the Bucks?

Last edited:

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, the Warriors & the Pelicans in the West as well as the Hornets and the Bulls in the East, are favored to be in the playoffs for the following season and therefore the movements during the summer for these teams should also be examined.

The Warriors: They will have a lottery pick with top-4 chances which they will surely draft. After that, they have to fill many positions in the roster and fill 4 or 5 roster spots, but they also have salaries in their books which exceed the lux tax threshold already, before counting for the salary of the draftee and of the players who will be hired to fill the roster up.

The most sensible solution seems to be that a trade will follow the draft night which will move Wiggins contract again and then surely for more than one player and with salary off-load from the books.

The Pelicans: Have a low lottery pick and lots of cap space, their first priority after they pick during the draft night will be to agree on ea contract renewal with Brandon Ingram and then they'll add little but important according to the needs and with patience... It doesn't even have to be during the summer, making one or two additions via trade later in the mid season, will work just the same for them.

The Hornets: Have a mid-high lottery pick, which should lead to another important addition, they have bought out already two out of the few remaining veterans and therefore already have two empty roster spots, out of which at least one is xpected to be another young addition... After the draft night, they will only move if there is an opportunity arising for a young talent... Age will play an important role to any addition they may make.

The Bulls: Have a mid-low lottery pick which they will draft and then they have Dunn and Valentine expiring this season... It won't be surprising at all if they don't renew either and just let them walk both, but I believe they will keep Dunn if they can agree on an extension. Otto Porter's contract is expiring next season and its pricey, it shouldn't be surprising if they add one or a couple of talented young ones next to Otto Porter and go for a "big" deal... perhaps maybe even two if they do the same with Satoransky.

It maybe worth mentioning the Timberwolves too as a team that may be in a position to be after a playoff seed... They have two picks out of which one is high lottery and the other at the middle of the draft. They've added Russell already next to KAT and their financials get really good next season... It won't be surprising at all if they are quite active in both the trade market as well as the FA market and pursue a 3rd clutch piece to add next to Russell and KAT...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, the Warriors & the Pelicans in the West as well as the Hornets and the Bulls in the East, are favored to be in the playoffs for the following season and therefore the movements during the summer for these teams should also be examined.

The Warriors: They will have a lottery pick with top-4 chances which they will surely draft. After that, they have to fill many positions in the roster and fill 4 or 5 roster spots, but they also have salaries in their books which exceed the lux tax threshold already, before counting for the salary of the draftee and of the players who will be hired to fill the roster up.

The most sensible solution seems to be that a trade will follow the draft night which will move Wiggins contract again and then surely for more than one player and with salary off-load from the books.

The Pelicans: Have a low lottery pick and lots of cap space, their first priority after they pick during the draft night will be to agree on ea contract renewal with Brandon Ingram and then they'll add little but important according to the needs and with patience... It doesn't even have to be during the summer, making one or two additions via trade later in the mid season, will work just the same for them.

The Hornets: Have a mid-high lottery pick, which should lead to another important addition, they have bought out already two out of the few remaining veterans and therefore already have two empty roster spots, out of which at least one is xpected to be another young addition... After the draft night, they will only move if there is an opportunity arising for a young talent... Age will play an important role to any addition they may make.

The Bulls: Have a mid-low lottery pick which they will draft and then they have Dunn and Valentine expiring this season... It won't be surprising at all if they don't renew either and just let them walk both, but I believe they will keep Dunn if they can agree on an extension. Otto Porter's contract is expiring next season and its pricey, it shouldn't be surprising if they add one or a couple of talented young ones next to Otto Porter and go for a "big" deal... perhaps maybe even two if they do the same with Satoransky.

It maybe worth mentioning the Timberwolves too as a team that may be in a position to be after a playoff seed... They have two picks out of which one is high lottery and the other at the middle of the draft. They've added Russell already next to KAT and their financials get really good next season... It won't be surprising at all if they are quite active in both the trade market as well as the FA market and pursue a 3rd clutch piece to add next to Russell and KAT...

How the fuck are the Hornets favored to be in the playoffs next year?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @buckalis by your logic, if the #1 and #2 seeds out in the West and going to miss the playoffs next year in order to make room for the Pelicans and Warriors...

it must also mean that the Bucks and Raptors will miss next year to make room for the Bull and Hornets...

:noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me something please...

Why do I have to respond on any fucking idiot (like you) who doesn't bother to understand what has been said originally and puts words never said on others mouth?

Eeeeh dickhead?

The statement you responded to, starts with "you suggest..." dickhead!

Hey Moron, he didn't put any words in your mouth.

Here is your exact quote:

Oh... you are suggesting that the Nuggets will be "in" then and therefore the (blown up) Lakers out...

You see those words in bold that are in parentheses? Those are your exact words...deepshit.

I'm done with you accusing people of putting words in your mouth when they are quoting exactly what you said.

You keep that shit up and you'll be the 2nd person in the history of tHoop to be banned from his own thread. I don't give a fuck how entertaining you are.

The best part is...it's going to come as complete shock to you when it happens because you have me on ignore.

If you were smart, you'd just go back to hombre fucking. But you're not, soooo....

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh, OKC is 2.5 games from the 4th seed.
That means HCA in the playoffs.
That means $$$.

They are already getting Denver's pick, which is around #25, so it's not like they won't have a 1st round pick, not to mention those future 1st round picks they have accumulated.

This shouldn't be that difficult to comprehend.
It's okay, though.
Not everyone can grasp the complexities and nuances that go into understanding the game of basketball. It's too bad you didn't get to experience The Process. You've made a solid effort, so there's that. I'll try to help you as much as I can.

Actually in OKC they are much more clever than that...

To chase the 4th seed, means "small" temporary income, but if they finish 6th or 7th, means much more many future $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

They are the only team in the playoffs that have a core of veterans capable of keeping them in the playoffs and a ton of picks to use in trades or draft in the following seasons and be back into contending fast... There is nothing more beneficial for them than drafting well this year and having two picks, increases their chances by a lot to add another next to SGA... Having two picks, increases the probabilities for one to work well vastly... and they don't need more than one to add in their core roster, but what if both work? Then their position with respect to best out of the competition becomes hugely better, doesn't it?

They blew the team up last year and ended up in the same position this year as well as saving some ...120M from avoiding to pay the repeaters and the lux... Do you honestly think they will risk making some "peanuts" more this season, than accelerating to be back into contending within a season? What would you do if you was them?

You really think that they'll prioritize a higher seed over achieving "the fastest rebuilt ever"? ...and then when it's the Jazz they'll have to overtake, which means that the probabilities are heavily against them? They are already 3.5 games behind with 28 remaining and the Jazz are a significantly better team and you say it's to their benefit to let the Sixers get what will be the 18th pick for them but 21st for the Sixers and try to achieve the (almost) impossible instead which would be to overtake the Jazz in the ranking?

My guess is that they'll tank and drop to 7th instead, in order to make that pick 17th, or even 16th if they can.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in OKC they are much more clever than that...

To chase the 4th seed, means "small" temporary income, but if they finish 6th or 7th, means much more many future $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

They are the only team in the playoffs that have a core of veterans capable of keeping them in the playoffs and a ton of picks to use in trades or draft in the following seasons and be back into contending fast... There is nothing more beneficial for them than drafting well this year and having two picks, increases their chances by a lot to add another next to SGA... Having two picks, increases the probabilities for one to work well vastly... and they don't need more than one to add in their core roster, but what if both work? Then their position with respect to best out of the competition becomes hugely better, doesn't it?

They blew the team up last year and ended up in the same position this year as well as saving some ...120M from avoiding to pay the repeaters and the lux... Do you honestly think they will risk making some "peanuts" more this season, than accelerating to be back into contending within a season? What would you do if you was them?

You really think that they'll prioritize a higher seed over achieving "the fastest rebuilt ever"? ...and then when it's the Jazz they'll have to overtake, which means that the probabilities are heavily against them? They are already 3.5 games behind with 28 remaining and the Jazz are a significantly better team and you say it's to their benefit to let the Sixers get what will be the 18th pick for them but 21st for the Sixers and try to achieve the (almost) impossible instead which would be to overtake the Jazz in the ranking?

My guess is that they'll tank and drop to 7th instead, in order to make that pick 17th, or even 16th if they can.

I don't think you understand the use of the word 'tank'.

giphy.gif

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand the use of the word 'tank'.

giphy.gif

But you do understand that I'm correct and therefore you decide to jump off the boat in order to change the subject, after the conversation clearly shows me being correct and you "unable to help me understand"...

Never the less, I'll try my best to help you understand!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do understand that I'm correct and therefore you decide to jump off the boat in order to change the subject, after the conversation clearly shows me being correct and you "unable to help me understand"...

You cannot be correct if they are not tanking.

I would have thought these two hypotheticals were simple to understand, but please let me know where you are struggling and I'll be happy to help.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot be correct if they are not tanking.

I would have thought these two hypotheticals were simple to understand, but please let me know where you are struggling and I'll be happy to help.

Yet... I didn't say "they'll be tanking" as a standing alone phrase, I said "they'll be tanking some games with respect to the Sixers record in order to keep the pick under control and keep it"

which is a totally different thing from them turning to be a "tanking team" as you deliberately try to twist my statement's meaning to be, in your desperate attempt to change the subject from what it is...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet... I didn't say "they'll be tanking" as a standing alone phrase, I said "they'll be tanking some games with respect to the Sixers record in order to keep the pick under control and keep it"

which is a totally different thing from them turning to be a "tanking team" as you deliberately try to twist my statement's meaning to be, in your desperate attempt to change the subject from what it is...

If only there was some way we could let this play out...