• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next off-season Draft/moves predictions for this season's playoff teams:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was suggesting the same would happen the season before, you was insisting:"no way, our owner said "blah, blah, blah "we have 200M to invest" blah, blah, blah", Kerr said: "blah, blah, blah, "we won't trade Russell", blah, blah, blah" what happened at the end?

What I was suggesting, or what your owner and Kerr was ensuring you that "won't happen"?

Eeeeh? What happened at the end?

Please confess: "It happened exactly like you was saying it will happen"...

I will also remind you, that I was insisting that it will happen this way (exactly as it happened) because 200M is not the pocket money your dad gives you to spend...

Now... You are trying to convince yourself that GSW will go into the lux tax next season, while I have tried to open your mind up and explained the obvious... which is: "if they go into the lux tax next season, they lose 200M (may be more) over the two seasons that follow, while if they stay under the tax next season and go into it for three continuous seasons after, the result is the same for the team but they save 200M or more...

and yet you keep insisting!

Now you ask for the method, although you quote on a post that already suggests it!

"T.E. works both ways you can add salary or unload salary... it just makes it far easier than it was this season to unload salary for the next... Don't forget that they have the pick to draft and some more roster spots to fill for next season. By unloading Wiggins and use the trade exception, the return they can get would have a high potential future talent still at low salary included and then next to the (high) pick they'll draft."
They wouldn't trade Russell? EVERYONE knew he was getting traded, including Russell. Kerr said that because he has to pretend.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't trade Russell? EVERYONE knew he was getting traded, including Russell. Kerr said that because he has to pretend.
I was replying to another poster who was insisting "it won't happen because Kerr said so"...

I also tell him all the time that Kerr and the owner of GSW "pretend" in their statments (like all other executives and coaches in the NBA) and he insists on the opposite...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was replying to another poster who was insisting "it won't happen because Kerr said so"...

I also tell him all the time that Kerr and the owner of GSW "pretend" in their statments and he insists on the opposite...

How are you today? Giannis is the greatest Milwaukee Buck of all time right?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was suggesting the same would happen the season before, you was insisting:"no way, our owner said "blah, blah, blah "we have 200M to invest" blah, blah, blah", Kerr said: "blah, blah, blah, "we won't trade Russell", blah, blah, blah" what happened at the end?

What I was suggesting, or what your owner and Kerr was ensuring you that "won't happen"?

Eeeeh? What happened at the end?

Please confess: "It happened exactly like you was saying it will happen"...

I will also remind you, that I was insisting that it will happen this way (exactly as it happened) because 200M is not the pocket money your dad gives you to spend...

Now... You are trying to convince yourself that GSW will go into the lux tax next season, while I have tried to open your mind up and explained the obvious... which is: "if they go into the lux tax next season, they lose 200M (may be more) over the two seasons that follow, while if they stay under the tax next season and go into it for three continuous seasons after, the result is the same for the team but they save 200M or more...

and yet you keep insisting!

Now you ask for the method, although you quote on a post that already suggests it!

"T.E. works both ways you can add salary or unload salary... it just makes it far easier than it was this season to unload salary for the next... Don't forget that they have the pick to draft and some more roster spots to fill for next season. By unloading Wiggins and use the trade exception, the return they can get would have a high potential future talent still at low salary included and then next to the (high) pick they'll draft."

1) If you actually read anything that I wrote, I said the owner would consider it if it makes sense to do so. The Warriors window of competing at the highest level is narrow and for them to dump players or salary to duck a tax line is just flat out stupid. They have the revenue and while yes it's a big amount, the Warriors have paid the tax in the past. Additionally the owner fully mentions the figure and knows the actual value potentially behind the moves. It makes it more plausible that he's considering going well above the tax line if it allows them to be competitive.

2) You have no idea what a Trade Exception is if you think it will allow them to shed contracts. A trade exception is created when the team acquiring a player can absorb that players contract and in return provides a trade exception to the team dumping the salary. That Trade Exception can only be used to acquire talent. They cannot simply trade the trade exception to another team as if it were a draft pick and they can use it on their own. You're clearly wrong here.

3) Have you actually looked into what it would take for the Warriors to duck the tax line? The Warriors are 8M over the luxury tax next year to begin with. That does not even include their incoming 1st round draft pick who will likely have a starting salary at 7M annually or higher. The rest of the roster is filled out with minimum contracts, aside from Steph, Klay, Draymond and Looney. In order to dump Wiggins for less money, the receiving team would need to have cap space to absorb him. Have you looked around to see what team would be able to absorb him, let alone want to? If that were the case the Warriors would have to attach multiple assets they just acquired to get rid of him. That'd be flat out stupid.

Final thoughts: In your scenario you want the Warriors to dump Wiggins, get rid of additional assets and sacrifice the last remaining prime years of the Warriors core. So you just lost out on competing now. You just lost out on competing in the future. All that so the ownership can save some money which they've already said they're willing to spend.

LMAO......

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If you actually read anything that I wrote, I said the owner would consider it if it makes sense to do so. The Warriors window of competing at the highest level is narrow and for them to dump players or salary to duck a tax line is just flat out stupid. They have the revenue and while yes it's a big amount, the Warriors have paid the tax in the past. Additionally the owner fully mentions the figure and knows the actual value potentially behind the moves. It makes it more plausible that he's considering going well above the tax line if it allows them to be competitive.

2) You have no idea what a Trade Exception is if you think it will allow them to shed contracts. A trade exception is created when the team acquiring a player can absorb that players contract and in return provides a trade exception to the team dumping the salary. That Trade Exception can only be used to acquire talent. They cannot simply trade the trade exception to another team as if it were a draft pick and they can use it on their own. You're clearly wrong here.

3) Have you actually looked into what it would take for the Warriors to duck the tax line? The Warriors are 8M over the luxury tax next year to begin with. That does not even include their incoming 1st round draft pick who will likely have a starting salary at 7M annually or higher. The rest of the roster is filled out with minimum contracts, aside from Steph, Klay, Draymond and Looney. In order to dump Wiggins for less money, the receiving team would need to have cap space to absorb him. Have you looked around to see what team would be able to absorb him, let alone want to? If that were the case the Warriors would have to attach multiple assets they just acquired to get rid of him. That'd be flat out stupid.

Final thoughts: In your scenario you want the Warriors to dump Wiggins, get rid of additional assets and sacrifice the last remaining prime years of the Warriors core. So you just lost out on competing now. You just lost out on competing in the future. All that so the ownership can save some money which they've already said they're willing to spend.

LMAO......

OK... keep BSing yourself, what is it to me?

We talk again next season, alright?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... keep BSing yourself, what is it to me?

We talk again next season, alright?

LMAO. So please tell me how they intend to use the Trade Exception to shed contracts. Please do...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, I got buck to quit an argument. I feel like this is a monumental day in the history of this board. Who's buying the cake to celebrate?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. So please tell me how they intend to use the Trade Exception to shed contracts. Please do...
Already told you... They'll trade Wiggins for more players who will add at lesser salary, if by next Feb they are still over, they'll waive an (expiring) contract and stretch his salary over the next three seasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is about to be.

Oh stop the insanity, I mean homerism! Kareem's numbers his 6 years in Milwaukee.

30.4 ppg
15.3 rebs
4.3 asts
1.2 stls
3.4 blks
2 scoring titles, a rebonding title & led the league in blocks once

4 time 1st team all league (2nd team his rookie year)
Rookie of the year
3 time league MVP
Finals MVP
2 time 1st team all defense
2 time 2nd team all defense

Giannis is damn good player. But he's not an all time great like Kareem.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop the insanity, I mean homerism! Kareem's numbers his 6 years in Milwaukee.

30.4 ppg
15.3 rebs
4.3 asts
1.2 stls
3.4 blks

Rookie of the year
3 time league MVP
Finals MVP

Giannis is 25, 2 times MVP by the end of the season and 2nd title for the Bucks 48 years after Kareem and with more to follow...

I can promise you one thing... my 1st subject Ill post next season, will be: "How many titles after this for the Bucks during the following decade?"

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO......
I keep hoping simple common sense posts like this will turn the lightbulb on for bucky but I'm not holding my breath.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

30.4 ppg
15.3 rebs
4.3 asts
1.2 stls
3.4 blks

Rookie of the year
3 time league MVP
Finals MVP

To be fair, if Giannis stays there he will surely pass Kareem for best Buck ever. And his career trajectory is definitely on the all time great track. Remains to be seen but seems plausible.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, if Giannis stays there he will surely pass Kareem for best Buck ever. And his career trajectory is definitely on the all time great track. Remains to be seen but seems plausible.

There's no doubt about that. But for BuckyBoy to say he's already the best Buck ever is comical.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also tell him all the time that Kerr and the owner of GSW "pretend" in their statments (like all other executives and coaches in the NBA) and he insists on the opposite...

Never said anything about Kerr and Russell. You lierhead.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis is 25, 2 times MVP by the end of the season and 2nd title for the Bucks 48 years after Kareem and with more to follow...

I can promise you one thing... my 1st subject Ill post next season, will be: "How many titles after this for the Bucks during the following decade?"

By the time Kareem was 25 he was a Finals MVP. A 4 time All Star. And a 2 time League MVP. All I'm saying is Giannis has alotta work to do before he takes Kareem's title of the greatest Buck ever. Not saying he can't accomplish that. But he's not there yet.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...to you! not to Giannis!