• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will hear the choice after this weekends games. I have a feeling its Shanahan's or Fangio and I like the idea of Kyle as our OC. I also like that Fangio would promote with in.

I hope we don't land them. One is washed up and the other hasn't done much.

Ok, which is it? You said the other day, that didn't want either one, for reason listed above.

AND NOW, you want Shanahan as our OC?? Jesus dude, make up your mind!!

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, which is it? You said the other day, that didn't want either one, for reason listed above.

I don't think Purguy doesn't know what he wants. He stated that he didn't want Kyle because he hasn't done much, but he wants him to be the OC for Fangio. :scratch:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just came from Cleveland u really think he will go to another team with no QB. wouldn't make much sense. Atleast at SF they have a QB and RB's and some WRs. 49ers are a better option for him. Now he might go because of Fisher but I think he would pick the 49ers over the rams if he had to pick. Just my opinion.
Damn purgy, you bring up some very good questions.

Is Kaep really a QB to build around or is he just a product of Jim Harbough?

Also, is Frank Gore, after 10 years in the league. near the end of his tenure?

You SF fans can answer these questions best. I'm sure they have come up in your discussions.

I'm just interested in your answers to date.

What do you all think? :noidea:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No HC picked yet. I'm getting a bit worried unless this is a Rooney Rule delay. I'm with Fangio here.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No HC picked yet. I'm getting a bit worried unless this is a Rooney Rule delay. I'm with Fangio here.

not worried at all cause better they take the necessary time to get the right guy. part of getting the right guy is doing background research. So research everything you need to know now, not after he's signed. not talking about just his football resume.

I'd think there will be 'combinations' to consider too? What head coach with which coordinators? who will work with who best? So again, don't rush such an important decision.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not worried at all cause better they take the necessary time to get the right guy. part of getting the right guy is doing background research. So research everything you need to know now, not after he's signed. not talking about just his football resume.

I'd think there will be 'combinations' to consider too? What head coach with which coordinators? who will work with who best? So again, don't rush such an important decision.
Man your team found a shit storm fast! :nod:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess with me it is more about all of the DCs being interviewed. If they pick one over Fangio he will walk. The HC normally picks his staff so combinations don't matter as far as timing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks Monday is the day we find out. all interviews are done.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we don't find out Monday thats because its a coach that is still in playoffs. That will narrow it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we don't find out Monday thats because its a coach that is still in playoffs. That will narrow it down.
Messed up your post a bit,sorry about that. IMO if the 9ers are waiting for the playoffs to end to look for a HC and not just going thru the motions the 9ers are in trouble.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no as a head coach. i dont want mike. his son i can live with. big difference

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Purguy doesn't know what he wants. He stated that he didn't want Kyle because he hasn't done much, but he wants him to be the OC for Fangio. :scratch:

its more about having fangio. if that is who he wants im ok. i dont want the shanahan combo . come on guys thought u guys were better then that

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2m2 minutes ago Bills are bringing back former Jets HC Rex Ryan for a second interview tonight in Florida, per league sources.

i think most guys are waiting for this 49er job. things will fall in place after we hire. bills can have rex. rex jumping into the same situation. good D no QB

Last edited by a moderator:

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its more about having fangio. if that is who he wants im ok. i dont want the shanahan combo . come on guys thought u guys were better then that

Just playing with you Purguy. I don't think it will be Mike Shanahan because Jed wants someone who will be here for the next ten years. With Shanahan's age, I don't think he will make it past 4 years.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just playing with you Purguy. I don't think it will be Mike Shanahan because Jed wants someone who will be here for the next ten years. With Shanahan's age, I don't think he will make it past 4 years.

Wouldn't that eliminate Fangio too who is in his 60s?

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that eliminate Fangio too who is in his 60s?

Jed did say that he wants a head coach for the next ten years, unless he doesn't produce a Lombardi trophy in the first two years. Then we're back to square one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed did say that he wants a head coach for the next ten years, unless he doesn't produce a Lombardi trophy in the first two years. Then we're back to square one.

He did say that. Although, he said a lot of things during the press conference I didn't take very seriously, lol.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I guess my wanting Mike Shanny was more about him either shipping Kaep out or whipping his ass into QB shape! :pound: